Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
britben14 is on a distinguished road
Question Need help and guidance please

I am an American who has been a french man for the past 3 1/2 years. We met in college which he had a student visa to attend. Afterwards we moved together for him to get a job. At that time he still had a valid student visa and an OPT. We decided to move to France, but now after a year, I am ready to go home. We were PACSed (like a civil union) in France, but it is not valid in the states. I have read many things saying my boyfriend would need an H1B visa to work and stay. I have spent the past 2 days searching for companies that might sponsor him, which I have found none. He is a college graduate of East Tennessee State University, with a bachelor degree in business management. I have talked to people that all say to just get married but being 22 and 24 years old we want to wait and I don't want to say we got married for him to live in the states. My question is what are really his options? I would love to come back to the states ASAP but I want him there too. Are there lists of companies hiring and sponsoring H1B visas? Thank you so much for any help! It is very much appreciated!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default H1B based on skill

If your boyfriend has degree+exp in engg, medicine, nursing, management, etc. he can get H1 from company that plans to hire him. Pl search for jobs on yahoo, dice, etc first. Not many companies would be ready to do H1 in present scenario.
best wishes
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by apb; 03-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
britben14 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help. He does have a degree and is currently working in France. My question though is more what companies if any are sponsoring H1B Visas in the business management field. Thank you again!!