|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
H4 to F1 question
I am on H1B and wife is on H4. H1B is expiring in Nov 2009 and my employer has filed for extn on 6/30/2009. My wife is currently doing her Masters on H4. Need some advise to here
1) My Extn (H1 & H4 for wife) will take atleast another 2-3 months before I will come to know the decision. Nowadays lot of H1B extensions are getting rejected. In meanwhile can I also apply to move my wife to F1. Will it cause any issues for the USCIS..?
I don't have constraints on paying fees on H4 or F1. All I want is my wife should be able to continue her studies. My company has offshore offices, so even if my extn gets rejected, I will go back to and continue work, but still want my wife to continue studies till she graduates.
Appreciate your help.
Your wife can file a change of status (COS) to F-1 now. She should refer to the pending H-4 extension application, and withdraw it if she really would prefer to be in F-1 status. There could be confusion if CIS didn't cross-reference the 2 applications and approved both.
Law Office of Elaine Martin
Phone: (214) 329-4148
Toll-free phone: 1-866-318-8813
Dedicated exclusively to immigration law since 1997
This message does not create an attorney-client relationship if we have not both signed an engagement letter. This message discusses general legal questions and other matters. It should not be used or relied on by anyone as legal advice.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|CAP GAP Question||help_me_1972||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||0||08-06-2008 11:27 PM|
|L1 to H1B question||serenitydesire||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||0||07-30-2008 02:56 AM|
|EAD and I-485 question Question (Family based I-485)||Mvurume||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||0||03-05-2008 08:06 PM|
|AP question||gckitty||All other Green Card Issues||2||11-19-2007 08:23 PM|
|A question on I-140, please help||pd_recapturing||All other Green Card Issues||2||07-17-2007 10:58 AM|