Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough
Default H1-B Stamping New passport in Lieu of lost passport

It was a nightmare for few weeks but, long story short...I got my new passport after the Embassy cannot find my original I sent for renewal. Please let me know if I need to get it stamped within any timeframe. My current I-797 expires MAY 2010. I have an approved 140 and EAD but my attourney suggested to stay on H1B.

Appreciate your feedback and help in this matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by vaayu; 07-27-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Being more Specific
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaayu View Post
It was a nightmare for few weeks but, long story short...I got my new passport after the Embassy cannot find my original I sent for renewal. Please let me know if I need to get it stamped within any timeframe. My current I-797 expires MAY 2010. I have an approved 140 and EAD but my attourney suggested to stay on H1B.

Appreciate your feedback and help in this matter.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
You dont need a visa stamp on your new passport unless you want to use it to re-enter US when you travel. There is no time line associated with getting a visa stamp. You just need to make sure you keep extending your H1 status and get an I-94 with the extension approval. If you have an AP you can use it for re-entering and still can continue working on H1 for the same employer. Else, when you travel the next time, you can setup a visa appointment and get H1 stamped on your new passport.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough vaayu is a jewel in the rough
Default Thanks so much!

Thanksk for your reply.