Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Stang07 is on a distinguished road
Default Interesting

This is interesting. Something that many people like me would welcome. There was a news about the same in the Indian newspaper - The Hindu. But apparently no such news is available over the internet here except the actual rule itself on the DHS.

The Hindu link is: The Hindu : Business / Economy : U.S. bid to woo foreign talent
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute richguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang07 View Post
This is interesting. Something that many people like me would welcome. There was a news about the same in the Indian newspaper - The Hindu. But apparently no such news is available over the internet here except the actual rule itself on the DHS.

The Hindu link is: The Hindu : Business / Economy : U.S. bid to woo foreign talent

You'll not find any news on this in the internet because there is no news.

This is in proposal state for long time.. Once in a while they announce that they'll do this in future and get the required attention. But never bother to really implement. Only purpose of that announcement is to get attention and it met its purpose.

Nov 2006 - EB2 PERM Approved
Aug 2007 - Changed the employer due to previous employer issues
Nov 2007 - EB3 PERM Approved
Feb 2009 - EB3 I-140 Approved

Old 02-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute floridasun has a reputation beyond repute
Default right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang07 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by richguy View Post
You'll not find any news on this in the internet because there is no news.

This is in proposal state for long time.. Once in a while they announce that they'll do this in future and get the required attention. But never bother to really implement. Only purpose of that announcement is to get attention and it met its purpose.
Very very true... next season of this 'get attention' show will probably arrive in theaters 2016 winter/spring. This 2012 season, we are very fortunate to watch 2 such shows. Politics works the same way everywhere.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Stang07 is on a distinguished road

If you see the DHS website, the rule changes were proposed on July 2011 - not so long ago... Just clarifying...

Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute

so what can we do to make this reality guys ...Given that IV is able to exert substantial influence and the the H.R 3012 show is nearing climax, this should likely be the next focus area and we should make plans for it...

Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gornur9 is on a distinguished road

Thank for the info.
It would be a good news to someone.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent Article - Please read.

Working: H-4 Spouses Get To Take A Step Forward, But Is It A Giant One?

[url="http://www.ilw.com/articles/2012,0207-Endelman.shtm"]Working: H-4 Spouses Get To Take A Step Forward, But Is It A Giant One?[/URL]

Old 02-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Sorry link messed up. Can't edit our own post?

ILW.COM - Working: H-4 Spouses Get To Take A Step Forward, But Is It A Giant One?

Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Irs has a spectacular aura about Irs has a spectacular aura about Irs has a spectacular aura about
Default I could not believe what I read

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
Thanks Chinka for posting it here...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this for real!!!!!!!! ... "There is no need for the USCIS to adopt such an exceedingly narrow interpretation."
PD - 05/17/2010
i-140 approved on 08/12/2010

Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
Din't get what the authors trying to say here. wait and watch (the show) is the policy.

-- we choose this path n so we are here -- anonymous

Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tselva has a spectacular aura about tselva has a spectacular aura about
Default You may need see this....

From Immigration-law.com

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/judic...oogle-Plus.pdf

Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute skrish has a reputation beyond repute

me thinks it will be a cold day in hell before obama endorses a republican bill that has been in the freezer for over a year.

me also thinks that MR. Grassly should differnetiate between immigrant visa (green card) issues and non-immigrant (H1-B) visa issues...

Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tselva View Post
its really sad. but i don;t blame anyone. i take 1 day at a time, enjoy it while it last. the journey is the best part of this travel of life. if GC comes, good. if i have to go back then thats good as well.

cheers.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-r-ten View Post
its really sad. but i don;t blame anyone. i take 1 day at a time, enjoy it while it last. the journey is the best part of this travel of life. if GC comes, good. if i have to go back then thats good as well.

cheers.
I recently visited India and going through same thoughts if GC comes then it good if not back to roots which is good as well. Even I went for Stamping in embassy and Immigration without being anxious for approval or disapproval.
I am feeling to much constraint in this country after spending 6 years and not even close to travel freely to my country (I mean green card) or allow my spouse to start her career. This is one of reason so many NRI are going back to their roots after spending 9-15 years in this country.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thats true, the EAD for H4 holders is a simple enough fix and should be implemented ASAP. Many ppl in EB3 are in facct in this very predicament, having filed EB3 in 2007 and unable to refile. Hope IV does something to help this along and make it happen by the end of March. H.R 3012 may be along term goal but in the interim this is one of the simpler things that can be accomplished in the shorter term, especially since none of the current data movements etc... are benefitting EB3