Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
1human1 is infamous around these parts 1human1 is infamous around these parts
Question What are possible options to save GC processing in my situation?

Hi,
Please help with possible options on my situation below:

1. My existing employer is processing my GC and so far I-140 is approved. I think it will take atleast 1 year for my priority date to become current to apply I-485.

2. I got a job offer from another company which is going to do H1B transfer/extension for my first 3 yr term of H1 which is expiring in this October.

If the take the offer from 2nd company, (and my current employer is willing to continue GC processing), do I need to come back to my current employer when the GC is approved?

What are the options that if I do not want to come back to the current employer?

Please help with the possible options here. I really do not want my GC processing to start all over again with the new employer as you guys can understand.

Thanks again.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1human1 View Post
Hi,

1. My existing employer is processing my GC and so far I-140 is approved. I think it will take atleast 1 year for my priority date to become current to apply I-485.

2. I got a job offer from another company which is going to do H1B transfer/extension for my first 3 yr term of H1 which is expiring in this October.

If the take the offer from 2nd company, (and my current employer is willing to continue GC processing), do I need to come back to my current employer when the GC is approved?

What are the options that if I do not want to come back to the current employer?

Please help with the possible options here. I really do not want my GC processing to start all over again with the new employer as you guys can understand.

Thanks again.
If you do not intend to return to GC processing employer, you should restart your process but you can retain the PD, since 140 is approved. Based on your question, you are looking to circumvent the immigration law, you will not find answers here.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2012
Compare
bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute bondgoli007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks again.
My fellow IV forum members, please hold off before making any judgments or even responding to this post. I would like to volunteer and check if this is a genuine poster.

My friend 1human1, If you would like to really get help here, please send me a PM with your personal phone number and we can chat. If there is no response from you, all we can assume is TROLL ALERT!!

Best.

Northern California State Chapter

Old 02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hi,
I am not trying to circumvent the law.
I am willing to come back to the existing employer but I just want to know the possible answers if incase something does not work up in coming back to the existing employer..

and if you share me about options of continuing my GC processing with my new employer, that is also appreciated.

To bondgoli007:
Yes, I am human and thanks for willing to help. But I can not disclose my details to you as I do not know much about you. Take care.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

If you do not have any intent to return your old employer then you need to start GC process all over again but you can capture your old PD.

If you want to continue GC with your old employer, he should agree to process GC and he should reply if any RFE comes. If you do not join your old employer after you get GC your GC could become invalid or fradulent. Also if you old employer cancels your I140 then CIS will deny your I485. If you do not want any risk then file I 485 with current employer and wait for 6 months to use AC21 to switch employer.

Quote:
Hi,
I am not trying to circumvent the law.
I am willing to come back to the existing employer but I just want to know the possible answers if incase something does not work up in coming back to the existing employer..

and if you share me about options of continuing my GC processing with my new employer, that is also appreciated.

To bondgoli007:
Yes, I am human and thanks for willing to help. But I can not disclose my details to you as I do not know much about you. Take care.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Senthil for your clarifications.

First of all, is it possible to switch to a new employer after having just I-140 approved with the existing employer (with out getting GC process interrupted)?

Can the new employer continue GC processing from I-140? How easy(or difficult) is such process?

Thanks.