|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
L1 to H1B - COS Question
I work for company A and am on L1B visa right now. Company A has agreed to do my L1B to H1B COS processing. I am able to do the conversion outside of the yearly cap and can convert to H1B right away instead of waiting till Oct 1st for the H1B to become effective.
I am interviewing with another company, Company B and they might be ready to do my H1B processing as well. Obviously Company A is not aware of this and I do not want the COS processing by Company A to stop.
1) If I get an I-94 from both the processing, which will be a valid I-94? the latter one or both?
2) Is it ok for two companies to process COS at the same time?
3) If for some reason Company B's COS is faster than company A's, is it possible to cancel the Company A petition while it is being processed?
4) Is it best for me to wait to get Company A's H1B done and then transfer to Company B? Do I have to wait to get 2 pay stubs in order to do the transfer or can I use the current pay stub because I am right now workign for Company A?
2) It's OK in the sense that it's lawful, but it may have consequences - see 1).
3) It's possible, but not likely -- you should not count on this.
4) To be honest, it's not best to play one company off of the other, keeping the information from both sides. I'm not getting into issues of morality or ethics (though there is that), but just your own self-interest. Too much paper flying around the USCIS with your name on it can lead to unintended consequences. If a subsequently-filed petition by Company B screws up your NIV status gained with Company A (or vice versa), and all this comes to light to either or both employers after the fact, you might just get fired from both.
Daniel C. Horne, Attorney at Law
Jackson & Hertogs LLP
170 Columbus Avenue, Fourth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94133-5160
T: 800.780.2008 F: 415.704.3443
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OPT question||sazbad||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||3||05-22-2009 09:11 PM|
|EAD and I-485 question Question (Family based I-485)||Mvurume||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||0||03-05-2008 07:06 PM|
|DS 157 question fro h1B||h1visa-ap||Non-Immigrant Visas||1||03-02-2008 12:52 AM|
|Question about G-28||GCSufferer||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||9||09-13-2007 02:37 PM|
|Question on PD and EAD.||cgs||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||0||04-12-2007 04:41 PM|