Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Non-Immigrant Visa (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/)
-   -   URGENT !!!! Employer Switching issue !! Please Help (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/2880705-urgent-employer-switching-issue-please-help.html)

googly26 03-15-2012 02:29 PM

URGENT !!!! Employer Switching issue !! Please Help

I am very new to this site so I would apologize to everyone if posting at a wrong place.....

I have a issue which doesnt seem resolving. I left my past employer A in Jan and since then he is not replying on Final settlement. I already started working with Company B and I am fine.
Employer A is just repeating he will send final settlement sometime but doesnt commit when. He has not even sent my W2 yet for which I have already complained to IRS after giving atleast 20 Warnings to Employer A. IRS will send a notice to the employer A within 10 days.
1) Can someone guide me quickly is it also right to go to DOL and complain??
2) what are the complications I will face and issues I will have to deal with??
3) What are the other things I need to take care of??
4) I left employer A by giving only a weeks notice whereas my offer letter says 1 month notice. Can he Sue me for that??

Request everyone of you to please please suggest......I am very new to USA and have no one to guide .....please thanks

googly26 03-15-2012 03:06 PM

Please help all !!!! Need a suggestion ASAP...Its urgent for me now....I need my salary havent been paid for January by Company A yet...Please help.

skal 03-15-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by googly26 (Post 3333620)
I am very new to this site so I would apologize to everyone if posting at a wrong place.....

I have a issue which doesnt seem resolving. I left my past employer A in Jan and since then he is not replying on Final settlement. I already started working with Company B and I am fine.
Employer A is just repeating he will send final settlement sometime but doesnt commit when. He has not even sent my W2 yet for which I have already complained to IRS after giving atleast 20 Warnings to Employer A. IRS will send a notice to the employer A within 10 days.

1) Can someone guide me quickly is it also right to go to DOL and complain??

2) what are the complications I will face and issues I will have to deal with??
As long as you meet the H1b complaince you are good!
3) What are the other things I need to take care of??
4) I left employer A by giving only a weeks notice whereas my offer letter says 1 month notice. Can he Sue me for that??

Request everyone of you to please please suggest......I am very new to USA and have no one to guide .....please thanks

You can still address an email to the HR of Employer A by saying that you will have to approach DOL as you are left with no options!

Yes you can certainly do that!

If your offer letter says 1 month and you have breached then you have to agree for the compensation, did they mention it in the offer letter?

googly26 03-16-2012 09:32 AM

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes offer letter says at-will lines. The client project was anyways getting terminated the same month. So there was no damage on income side for them.

They have paid me delayed payments every month for 7 months in a row hence they breached the contract and trust of not paying on time.
I am not concerned about this part.

I want to know the answers to questions above and how long should one have to wait after the last day with employer A for full and final settlement to come and also all letters.