Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Non-Immigrant Visa (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/)
-   -   H1b DUI domestic violence pending (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum106-non-immigrant-visa/3093149-h1b-dui-domestic-violence-pending.html)

Fatima 08-09-2012 01:58 PM

H1b DUI domestic violence pending
 
""Hi, a friend of mine was arrested for domestic violence in Dallas, Tx under class A misdemeanor. He was in jail for 2 days. He was asked to put in his 2 week notice once the employer was aware of the arrest. He is on H1 visa. He has 2 Dui on his record. What could the consequences in this situation? How easy would be the transfer process be, once he finds another company willing to sponsor his H1? Also, the domestic violence case has not been filed in the court."

please help!!! We are very confused...

f2AVisaVictim 08-09-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatima (Post 3557212)
""Hi, a friend of mine was arrested for domestic violence in Dallas, Tx under class A misdemeanor. He was in jail for 2 days. He was asked to put in his 2 week notice once the employer was aware of the arrest. He is on H1 visa. He has 2 Dui on his record. What could the consequences in this situation? How easy would be the transfer process be, once he finds another company willing to sponsor his H1? Also, the domestic violence case has not been filed in the court."

please help!!! We are very confused...

its you or your friend? why he can ask this question? Call USCIS and get him deported. people like him made bad image of HIGH SKilled workers.

gopalkrishan 08-09-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f2AVisaVictim (Post 3557215)
its you or your friend? why he can ask this question? Call USCIS and get him deported. people like him made bad image of HIGH SKilled workers.

You Sir, are an ASS ... If you have nothing constructive to contribute then please shut up!!! Check the name "Fatima" .. which is a "SHE" not a "HE" ..

Fatima .. my suggestion is to talk to an immigration lawyer to understand implications of this situation.. Multiple DUI and domestic abuse may be considered under acts of moral turpitude ..

Best of luck to your friend.

Fatima 08-09-2012 03:29 PM

Any experience on the outcome of case of this sort??

f2AVisaVictim 08-09-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatima (Post 3557227)
Any experience on the outcome of case of this sort??

deportation.

Fatima 08-09-2012 04:50 PM

Any advice how to handle this matter legally?? What could the outcome be if his wife drops the case, and vice versa?? She's a US citizen.

superimmigrant 08-14-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatima (Post 3557234)
Any advice how to handle this matter legally?? What could the outcome be if his wife drops the case, and vice versa?? She's a US citizen.


why did you file the case in first place if you want to drop it?
People file cases in fit of anger then realize the mistake they made. But If its real domestic violence, i think the wife should not drop the case.

mniwas 08-16-2012 01:37 PM

My friend (a girl) had similar situation... she dropped the case.

As you might expect the guy was abusive agian... then she filed for restraining order and stuff... .this guy showed to the judge that the girl is a liar... saying that she had filed a case before just to bring him in trouble.

The judge even though he understood what happened behind the scenes... said that it is said but he cannot do anything for the girl.

So... Fatima... be careful before you drop the case.

ivgclive 08-18-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopalkrishan (Post 3557226)
You Sir, are an ASS ... If you have nothing constructive to contribute then please shut up!!! Check the name "Fatima" .. which is a "SHE" not a "HE" ..

Fatima .. my suggestion is to talk to an immigration lawyer to understand implications of this situation.. Multiple DUI and domestic abuse may be considered under acts of moral turpitude ..

Best of luck to your friend.

Constructive Contribution -- :D :D :D :D

You Sir, please keep in your mind - When you drive in a road where a DUI rides a vehicle, you are the one will die or get permanently disabled. Most of the DUIs live 100 years without a scratch on their body. It is us and our family suffers.

You are not a criminal if you drink. But you are, if you step on the gas after drunk.

f2AVisaVictim 08-19-2012 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopalkrishan (Post 3557226)
You Sir, are an ASS ... If you have nothing constructive to contribute then please shut up!!! Check the name "Fatima" .. which is a "SHE" not a "HE" ..

Fatima .. my suggestion is to talk to an immigration lawyer to understand implications of this situation.. Multiple DUI and domestic abuse may be considered under acts of moral turpitude ..

Best of luck to your friend.

Mr. Krishnan, I dont know why you are calling me with your family surname. Ok i still say that People with DUI and with Domestic violence should be punished. DUI can kill any innocent person in road and Domestic violence person will hurt family member more then outsider.

so Fatima should not drop the case.

Ok MR. Krisnan ASS. now i know your surname.

spiderman 08-19-2012 11:59 AM

Stand up tall! Be brave and decisive!
 
In life, and in everyone's life, stuff happens.

But, it is how we act in those situations that makes a big difference.

This person has suffered domestic abuse. It means that she has already put up with too much. Please find a safe place to go to and get her life back in order.

The perpetrator's troubles have only begun. I think most would agree that he should be deported to hell. Let him be on his way; get the victim outta there!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org