Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sujatapmishra is on a distinguished road
Default Applied for H1 Visa for 2014 , Travelling india in August , What are the problems ?

I am on L1 from am Indian Company, working in USA . Currently my L1 extension is applied and its in RFE status .
I have applied a new H1 Visa in USA from a USA based company for 2014 . Got selected in Lottery and H1 Visa currently in Process.

Due to unavoidable situation , i need to travel to india in coming August . I wanted to know because H1 Visa approval will be ready by October 2013 , what are the chances of H1B visa getting impacted , if i will travel to india in August .

Contacted my new Employer , who is currently processing my H1 Visa , as per him My H1B visa will not get approved if i will go to india now ..

Needs to know if some one might have same situation before , what are the problems and how to resolve the problems ?

Assume i will come back from india around November , can i use the approved H1 and go to US consolate in india for stamping with all valid papers from my new employer ?

what are the chances for me to come back to USA using the new H1B visa ? Suggestions will be highly appriciated ...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Your new employer looks like a consulting company. They will make money from every hour you work and squeeze maximum off you. Did you do google research of the company before filing H1B?

If you come in November it is one month profit lost.

You can absolutely take your H1B papers and get it stamped before entering again in USA. It does not matter when you do it, but you will have to do it anytime you have to travel first time. It is better to get it done sooner. It is also safer that way. Imagine if you have to travel for emergency in future. If you have stamped visa you will not be worried about interview anymore.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiranth is on a distinguished road
Default H1 Visa

If you choose to travel out of the US when your COS is approved, you will need to have your visa stamped before you reenter the US, on or after 1st October. Since you mentioned that your H1 Visa is currently in Process, it won’t be treated as a separate application and you don’t need to follow the procedure as in L1 to reenter as well. The "last action" rule would also be applicable in your case, I guess, wherein the last status they give you is what governs your reentry.