|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
H1B Last Name Correction after Stamping
I have queries regarding my name correction ( Spelling Change ) on my Passport , I have just moved to USA and want to get my Surname spelling change. Below is the
entire scenario for which I need the changes to be done asap.
1. All my Indian documents ( Ids and Educational proofs ) have my correct Surname while My passport and Petition have the spelling mistake in my Surname.
Correct : abc xyz ( In all my Indian Documents and in my Marriage certificate )
Incorrect : abc xhyz ( In Passport and petition , Stamped Visa , I-9 , I-94 )
2. Since all my indian documents are having the correct name, my Marriage certificate is also having the same correct spelling ( abc xyz ) with reference to the
3. My petition is valid till 15-Nov-16 and extension needs to be filled in the month of May-16.
4. If I get the new passport with corrected name then will there be any issue having the different name on my Visa , Petiiton , I-9 and I-94.New and does the old
passport linked with any reference detail since my visa is stamped on the old one.
5. Is it required to amend the petition ? if required then is it possible to file petition extension and amendment together with old or new passport details.
6. Visa extention will be filed with the old passport details or with the new passport details.
7. If I get my new passport with correct name and do not get my petition and visa changed as per my new passport ,would it be possible for my wife to travel with H4
dependent visa using my current petition which doesnt have updated name.
8. I want my wife to travel as soon as possible on H4 dependent visa , please suggest me the most suitable way as on my marriage certificate and my wife's passport I have my correct name ( abc xyz ).
9. If I got the new passport then do I need to apply for change in my SSN and bank Statement , I-94 and I-9 form to compliant for my wages and tax records.
Thanks in advance , please answer my question as I want my wife to travel asap with correct process .
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|I-94 Correction||balunkl||Non-Immigrant Visa||6||05-25-2011 07:55 PM|
|Correction to I-797||guyinus||Non-Immigrant Visas||0||11-12-2008 11:10 PM|
|Name correction and I-485||aamirbabar||FBI namecheck delays and Writ of Mandamus||0||10-14-2007 11:02 PM|
|Name correction and I-485||aamirbabar||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||0||10-11-2007 11:07 PM|
|I-94 correction||guyfromsg||Non-Immigrant Visas||5||12-28-2006 06:29 PM|