Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
techchaat is on a distinguished road
Default Wrong Degree in H1B Petition - Going for stamping

Hi,

This is regarding my H1B VISA application. I came to US in 2007 as a student of MBA and was working with my employer since then on CPT. My H1B petition was filed under Student Quota in Apr 2009 and was approved. I am going to India for my H1 stamping when I got I-129 from my employer. My highest education mentioned by my employer is MS - Computer Science from the University, while I pursued MBA - Management. Following are my questions:

Is it OK to go for H1B stamping with this I-129?
What are the possible options to correct it?
Will this be a problem for my Green Card processing?

Please let me know if any further details are required from my side.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Most of these employers have a standard templates for H1 application and all they do is FIND & REPLACE to modify it to suit each individual applicant. In my case the person who was modifying it for me changed my Name in most places except one place where it was still saying the name of some other person. So the application was like this

This is visa petition for Mr XXX ..............
Mr XXX has degree in MS Comp Sci and Mr ABC has finished his undergraduate in .....

I had not seen this till the day I was leaving for Canada for my stamping & I panicked but then there was not much I could do so I decided to take a chance and the VO did not ask me for the petition and even if he has I am not sure how keenly he would have read it. It was a genune oversight not any falsification and definately I was not to be held responsible. But in your case since it is degree issue it is better to talk to a lawyer though statistically VO does not have time to read through the visa peition its just too long for the time they have allocated for the interview.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold
Default Do not go for stamping, if avoidable.

Please do not go for stamping if it can be avoided, as embassies are very frequently giving form 221(g) for additional administrative processing which may take few weeks to several months.