Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Thank you H1techSlave

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
Today morning NPR talked about the planned entry of Mahindra trucks. Here is the link: Indian Co. Tries To Enter U.S. Clean Diesel Market : NPR
Nice story. Thank you for sharing.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
What's wrong in having relationship with blondes. Anyone can have relationship with any race person. That is also globalization.
It's not about relationship with blondes (who would'nt like that) but whether we are getting one for free alnog with a Mahindra

Quote:
GM Crysler are no more because they could not compete in the global market. Your protectionists have failed.
GM and Chrysler are still alive. Chrysler is now officially out of bankruptcy and GM is going to get out in a few weeks. Please read some news.

If protectionism/free trade caused GM and Chrysler failure then what caused Air India's bankruptcy, do you know?

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking why should 'TVS' miss the party?

I didn't expected this: NOW TVS too.

TVS Motor to roll out Apache in US
16 Jun 2009, 0316 hrs IST, Chanchal Pal Chauhan, ET Bureau

NEW DELHI: TVS Motor, the flagship company of the $4-billion TVS Group, will launch its premium 160cc bike Apache RTR in the US this year, the
world’s most developed automobile market this year, said a top company executive. If TVS Motors enters the US, it will be the second indigenous company to foray into that market, the first being Royal Enfield bike. Another Indian company, utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra also plans to introduce its flagship Scorpio SUV in the US next year.

The Chennai-based two-wheeler company has cleared the mandatory technical and emission tests for its bike and plans to launch it later this year.

TVS Motor president (marketing & sales) HS Goindi told ET: “We are in the launching mode, and finalising our entry into the US market. Our bike has met all stringent technical norms in the US and we have also appointed distributor to sell our products in the market.” The company will launch our advanced fuel injection Apache in the US. We have tweaked the product we already sell in India with some minor changes to meet the US automotive standards.”

According to an auto industry executive, TVS has held negotiations with Classic Motorworks, an importer and distributor of two-wheeler in the US, which already distributes Royal Enfield Motorcycle — Bullet, Classic and Croma — brands in the US.

A senior company official confirmed that Minnesota-based Classic Motorworks has shown interest in selling TVS bikes, as commuter mode of transport to feed the lower-end of the two-wheeler market.

The company will start shipping bikes in the next few months. TVS is not expecting big volumes, but looking at high brand leverage in the US, a predominant high-end big bike market like the Triumph, Harley Davidson, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha.

“America is a small market for two-wheelers with a few lakh units being sold every year and even that is being cornered by bigger bikes. We are expecting to sell a few thousand bikes in the first year, but these will boost our bottomlines, as profit margins are much higher in the overseas markets. Once we establish our brand, we will market more products from the TVS stable in the next few years,” added Mr Goindi.

TVS Motors has presence in a few overseas markets, including a 300,000-units a year manufacturing facility in Indonesia, and also sells its bikes, scooters and mopeds in Latin America, South-East Asia and Africa. The US is amongst the top 10 two-wheeler markets in the world with China is the largest followed by India, with over 70 lakh two-wheelers sold every year.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by addsf345 View Post
I didn't expected this: NOW TVS too.

TVS Motor to roll out Apache in US
16 Jun 2009, 0316 hrs IST, Chanchal Pal Chauhan, ET Bureau

NEW DELHI: TVS Motor, the flagship company of the $4-billion TVS Group, will launch its premium 160cc bike Apache RTR in the US this year, the
world’s most developed automobile market this year, said a top company executive. If TVS Motors enters the US, it will be the second indigenous company to foray into that market, the first being Royal Enfield bike. Another Indian company, utility vehicle maker Mahindra & Mahindra also plans to introduce its flagship Scorpio SUV in the US next year.

The Chennai-based two-wheeler company has cleared the mandatory technical and emission tests for its bike and plans to launch it later this year.

TVS Motor president (marketing & sales) HS Goindi told ET: “We are in the launching mode, and finalising our entry into the US market. Our bike has met all stringent technical norms in the US and we have also appointed distributor to sell our products in the market.” The company will launch our advanced fuel injection Apache in the US. We have tweaked the product we already sell in India with some minor changes to meet the US automotive standards.”

According to an auto industry executive, TVS has held negotiations with Classic Motorworks, an importer and distributor of two-wheeler in the US, which already distributes Royal Enfield Motorcycle — Bullet, Classic and Croma — brands in the US.

A senior company official confirmed that Minnesota-based Classic Motorworks has shown interest in selling TVS bikes, as commuter mode of transport to feed the lower-end of the two-wheeler market.

The company will start shipping bikes in the next few months. TVS is not expecting big volumes, but looking at high brand leverage in the US, a predominant high-end big bike market like the Triumph, Harley Davidson, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha.

“America is a small market for two-wheelers with a few lakh units being sold every year and even that is being cornered by bigger bikes. We are expecting to sell a few thousand bikes in the first year, but these will boost our bottomlines, as profit margins are much higher in the overseas markets. Once we establish our brand, we will market more products from the TVS stable in the next few years,” added Mr Goindi.

TVS Motors has presence in a few overseas markets, including a 300,000-units a year manufacturing facility in Indonesia, and also sells its bikes, scooters and mopeds in Latin America, South-East Asia and Africa. The US is amongst the top 10 two-wheeler markets in the world with China is the largest followed by India, with over 70 lakh two-wheelers sold every year.
looks like indian manufacturing sector is ready to take on china and other countries, finally!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2008
Compare
sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold

Now, if only they can get Bullet beer here......

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Bullet

I did owned a 500 CC Bullet in India. Like all bullets, it need only one kick to start. One half pump and a full kick. But Yezdi and other Indian bikes need multiple kicks. If maintained well, tuned well, it need only one kick. I have got 25-30 Km/ Liter for this 500CC bike.
Now I have a Benz SUV, still I am not satisfied with my ride. Still remember the pleasure ride with my Bullet, its sound (500 CC have good sound) and handling. Good old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
YouTube - After 10 kicks

Those were the good old days......

Old 07-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts
Default Just sharing an article on FDA approvals. India shines in Drug researches too..

Blogs » A Theory Behind FDA Approval Delays » NVestorz Community for Stock Market Investors

According to records returned by the FDA's search engine at accessdata.fda.gov, the FDA approved a total of 123 drugs during the three month period of April to June, 2009. Of those 123 drug approvals -

79 of those drugs (64.2%) were developed by companies either located outside of the United States or which are wholly owned subsidiaries of companies located outside of the United States, and
Nearly half (36, or 45.6%) of those drugs were developed by companies either located in India or which are wholly owned subsidiaries of companies located in India.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCA View Post
Blogs » A Theory Behind FDA Approval Delays » NVestorz Community for Stock Market Investors

According to records returned by the FDA's search engine at accessdata.fda.gov, the FDA approved a total of 123 drugs during the three month period of April to June, 2009. Of those 123 drug approvals -

79 of those drugs (64.2%) were developed by companies either located outside of the United States or which are wholly owned subsidiaries of companies located outside of the United States, and
Nearly half (36, or 45.6%) of those drugs were developed by companies either located in India or which are wholly owned subsidiaries of companies located in India.

God save us from those adulterated (milavati) drugs

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts GCA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
God save us from those adulterated (milavati) drugs
*** Please this is not directed to one individual. The reply includes me as well as a fellow indian knowingly or unknowing thought along similar lines at some point ***

The biggest block in progress of India is Indian themself. We should atleast acknowledge achievments by certain groups instead of taunting with other issues.

If nothing can win your trust for indians, hope you would trust the American FDA atleast.

I now respect those achievers even more seeing this comment. It just makes me wonder what kind of challenges they would have faced and overcome to be here.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCA View Post
*** Please this is not directed to one individual. The reply includes me as well as a fellow indian knowingly or unknowing thought along similar lines at some point ***

The biggest block in progress of India is Indian themself. We should atleast acknowledge achievments by certain groups instead of taunting with other issues.

If nothing can win your trust for indians, hope you would trust the American FDA atleast.

I now respect those achievers even more seeing this comment. It just makes me wonder what kind of challenges they would have faced and overcome to be here.
FDA is trying to put pressure on American drug companies to cut cost hence the India card. You have to know what Obama is trying to do is to put pressure on Drug Cos, Insurance Cos, Hospitals, Doctors, to take a hit in their incomes to lower cost of providing subsidized healthcare to uninsured Americans. His healthcare legislation is hanging by a very loose and thin thread and may collapse otherwise leading to his own collapse. So, there is a lot that you don't see or don't want to see.

Regarding Indians hurting themselves, your point is correct to some extent but you have to also note that 70% of the worlds counterfeit drugs are manufactured in India. When you try to hide those facts under the carpet you only hurt yourself because taking counterfeit drugs means jeopardising your own health and export of such drugs will only bring bad name to India. Do not be fooled by this "proud about Indian cos progress" etc This is BS. There are many crooks in India who would love to cheat consumers at the shortest possible notice by faking products. It is well known that in Delhi and Bombay you can easily buy duplicate Sony, Panasonic and pretty much every brand's duplicate product. Go to any electronics shop in Delhi yourself and talk to the shopkeeper he will tell you all. Infact he will give you choices of many duplicate varieties. Can't hide these things from the world because they are known to be facts.

Ranbaxy, the famous Indian drug company was blacklisted by FDA for the same reason. Read below:

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...2650980800.htm

Another Indian drug Company in trouble due to poor manufacturing standards:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4729877.cms

Last edited by hopein07; 07-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsnet View Post
I did owned a 500 CC Bullet in India. Like all bullets, it need only one kick to start. One half pump and a full kick. But Yezdi and other Indian bikes need multiple kicks. If maintained well, tuned well, it need only one kick. I have got 25-30 Km/ Liter for this 500CC bike.
Now I have a Benz SUV, still I am not satisfied with my ride. Still remember the pleasure ride with my Bullet, its sound (500 CC have good sound) and handling. Good old days.
You need a Ducati Monster 696 my friend.
Better ride, Better sound, Better handling and its a Duck for christ sake for about 7000 dollars.

No Merc/ Audi / Jag will come close to a bike ride.
BMW M series are exempt from the above rule

Ducati.com

Old 07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
FDA is trying to put pressure on American drug companies to cut cost hence the India card. You have to know what Obama is trying to do is to put pressure on Drug Cos, Insurance Cos, Hospitals, Doctors, to take a hit in their incomes to lower cost of providing subsidized healthcare to uninsured Americans. His healthcare legislation is hanging by a very loose and thin thread and may collapse otherwise leading to his own collapse. So, there is a lot that you don't see or don't want to see.

Regarding Indians hurting themselves, your point is correct to some extent but you have to also note that 70% of the worlds counterfeit drugs are manufactured in India. When you try to hide those facts under the carpet you only hurt yourself because taking counterfeit drugs means jeopardising your own health and export of such drugs will only bring bad name to India. Do not be fooled by this "proud about Indian cos progress" etc This is BS. There are many crooks in India who would love to cheat consumers at the shortest possible notice by faking products. It is well known that in Delhi and Bombay you can easily buy duplicate Sony, Panasonic and pretty much every brand's duplicate product. Go to any electronics shop in Delhi yourself and talk to the shopkeeper he will tell you all. Infact he will give you choices of many duplicate varieties. Can't hide these things from the world because they are known to be facts.

Ranbaxy, the famous Indian drug company was blacklisted by FDA for the same reason. Read below:

The Hindu Business Line : Ranbaxy’s Achilles heel

Another Indian drug Company in trouble due to poor manufacturing standards:

Jubilant recalls blood pressure drug in UK- Pharmaceuticals-Healthcare / Biotech-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
All this is nothing compared to the fraud you guys do in USA. Remember Madoff??

Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
All this is nothing compared to the fraud you guys do in USA. Remember Madoff??
And what about Satyam, UTI bonds, Harshad Mehta stock market scam (the biggest ever in history of the world), Telgi stamp paper scam, Laloo Yadav's chara ghotala, Mayawati, Jayalalitha, Bofors scam, HDW submarine scam, Kargil war coffin scam, and infinte number of small and large scams by the India's ruling party the Congress ??

At least Madoff was prosecuted quickly and sentenced within 6 months. All his property was seized and will be distibuted to those who lost money. In India all the accused in all of the above scams are either MPs and running around scot free, or getting VIP treatment in jails. Raju ( Satyam's henchman) is getting VIP treatment in AP jail and is under "protection" of the criminal AP police who are not letting even India's main investigative agencies like SEBI and CBI from talking to him because he could spill the beans on the AP politicians who were also involved. There is ZERO justice in India.

Last edited by hopein07; 07-02-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by addsf345 View Post
bikes, scooters and mopeds - most have starter button in India. It was different 10 years back though.
Nice to see some people with interest in Bikes. I have seen Bullets around for a while. They were at the Bike show in NYC and I have seen a few of them chugging along. I was never a fan of Bullet. I guess if you change the handle bars and seat and put on a nice exhaust you can morph it to look like a cafe racer like Triumph or Norton.

Its definitely not fast though. But I guess it makes as many horses as a Harley fat boy. I personally like Japanese or Italian bikes. I used to ride a Shogun back in India and I ride a Yamaha R6 now. You need to ride one of these to understand how far the technology has come. I can change the tuning on my bike by pressing a button while I am riding. Power Commander USB III can map it on the fly. Compare it to the Inde Thumper which will roast your A** with all the heat it generates!!

However a good future exists for Mahindra, TATA etc. Most people don’t realize but a lot of parts that go into many US car and Truck makers as well as European brands are made in India. There are a lot of Tier III manufacturers in India who produce quality product.

Any of you guys with Bikes live in New Jersey? We can get together and ride.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
I hope it has a starter button....i dont even want to talk about the kick start the indian bikes had...

Any other bikers in this forum......Since this thread is offbeat anyway might as well mention the rides you guys have.
I ride a 2008 CBR1000rr....
I ride a Yamaha R6. Previously had a Ninja and another R6.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010