Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
And what about Satyam, UTI bonds, Harshad Mehta stock market scam (the biggest ever in history of the world), Telgi stamp paper scam, Laloo Yadav's chara ghotala, Mayawati, Jayalalitha, Bofors scam, HDW submarine scam, Kargil war coffin scam, and infinte number of small and large scams by the India's ruling party the Congress ??

At least Madoff was prosecuted quickly and sentenced within 6 months. All his property was seized and will be distibuted to those who lost money. In India all the accused in all of the above scams are either MPs and running around scot free, or getting VIP treatment in jails. Raju ( Satyam's henchman) is getting VIP treatment in AP jail and is under "protection" of the criminal AP police who are not letting even India's main investigative agencies like SEBI and CBI from talking to him because he could spill the beans on the AP politicians who were also involved. There is ZERO justice in India.
Dude, it depends on what you want to see in anything - depends on your perspective of life. There is good and also there is bad everywhere. Most in this thread are happy to see that some Indian company is coming out competing in a developed country. You came and started talking trash, scams, fakes and just about everything negative. Now whose fault is this? No harsh feeling!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by addsf345 View Post
Dude, it depends on what you want to see in anything - depends on your perspective of life. There is good and also there is bad everywhere. Most in this thread are happy to see that some Indian company is coming out competing in a developed country. You came and started talking trash, scams, fakes and just about everything negative. Now whose fault is this? No harsh feeling!
Being proud of Indian companies doing well in US is one thing but to trash US companies and to poke fun at US system in general is another. If you read a lot of posts, to which I replied, you will realize that a lot of people are poking fun at US failures. That is inappropriate specially because the same people are desperately trying to get US green card so they can make this country their HOME. There is inbuilt hypocrisy of criticising and making sarcastic remarks for the same country and it's intitututions which you are desperately trying to adopt. I was just trying to expose that hypocrisy. Also, there is a feeling among a lot of Indian immigrants that once you come to US you ignore the evil that you left behind and only look at the bad that exists in US and make fun and criticize your bread giver just because of retrogression, which is not a sign of civilized behavior.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

I do agree to this. This is our Karma Bhumi and we should support everything American with the same gusto we defend our home countries. There is evil everywhere, it is what you do to kill that evil that matters. In India if someone asks you for a small bribe to do something will you give it to him or complain to the authorities? If you complain to the authorities you know it is a waste of breath and if you give him that small bribe your work will be done. Your character shows on what stand you take in situations like that.

Same here, because of a broken system we are all waiting for ages. What will you do? Fight with each other for kicks and giggles or do some work to get out of mess. Because the faster we get out of this mess the faster we can help the United states get on its feet and back running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
Being proud of Indian companies doing well in US is one thing but to trash US companies and to poke fun at US system in general is another. If you read a lot of posts, to which I replied, you will realize that a lot of people are poking fun at US failures. That is inappropriate specially because the same people are desperately trying to get US green card so they can make this country their HOME. There is inbuilt hypocrisy of criticising and making sarcastic remarks for the same country and it's intitututions which you are desperately trying to adopt. I was just trying to expose that hypocrisy. Also, there is a feeling among a lot of Indian immigrants that once you come to US you ignore the evil that you left behind and only look at the bad that exists in US and make fun and criticize your bread giver just because of retrogression, which is not a sign of civilized behavior.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:
EB-2 Aug 2002-Employer Shut Down

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by smisachu View Post
I do agree to this. This is our Karma Bhumi and we should support everything American with the same gusto we defend our home countries. There is evil everywhere, it is what you do to kill that evil that matters. In India if someone asks you for a small bribe to do something will you give it to him or complain to the authorities? If you complain to the authorities you know it is a waste of breath and if you give him that small bribe your work will be done. Your character shows on what stand you take in situations like that.

Same here, because of a broken system we are all waiting for ages. What will you do? Fight with each other for kicks and giggles or do some work to get out of mess. Because the faster we get out of this mess the faster we can help the United states get on its feet and back running.
No point trying to be reasonable with him. He is an anti-immigrant nut.
These guys are a disgrace to a great country America. They need to be kicked out of this country and have them go to the sewer in Europe or wherever their grandfathers came from. That is the best fit for rats.

Last edited by ganguteli; 07-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsnet View Post
I did owned a 500 CC Bullet in India. Like all bullets, it need only one kick to start. One half pump and a full kick. But Yezdi and other Indian bikes need multiple kicks. If maintained well, tuned well, it need only one kick. I have got 25-30 Km/ Liter for this 500CC bike.
Now I have a Benz SUV, still I am not satisfied with my ride. Still remember the pleasure ride with my Bullet, its sound (500 CC have good sound) and handling. Good old days.
I got sick of my car and brought a beat up honda cbr, fixed bunch of things on it and took it on multi day trips....you dont have to spend a fortune to have this kind of fun, just make sure you spend money on quality safety gear

any day my beat up cbr > my german car

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute smisachu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherguyinline View Post
I got sick of my car and brought a beat up honda cbr, fixed bunch of things on it and took it on multi day trips....you dont have to spend a fortune to have this kind of fun, just make sure you spend money on quality safety gear

I agree. ATGATT- All the gear, all the time. Ride on.
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Hey smisachu

R6 is a sweet ride....
Check this out for the R6....man i love devils eyes..

YouTube - Angel Eyes, Devil Eyes for Motorbikes, Yamaha R6, R1)

Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherguyinline View Post

CBR > German Car

True!!!
Exception to the rule M3,M5,M6

I ride a 08 Fireblade
Ride safe...

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

My previous Bike was a 01 R6 on which I had put on HID's they looked similar to this.
My current bike is an 08 and the headlights are even better. Great bike so much midrange and torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
Hey smisachu

R6 is a sweet ride....
Check this out for the R6....man i love devils eyes..

YouTube - Angel Eyes, Devil Eyes for Motorbikes, Yamaha R6, R1)
RD- Sep 4th 2007
EAD- Sep 17th 2007
FP- Sep 28th
AP- Oct 1st

First application:

GREENED AUG 5th 2010

Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Try searching on its official website. You may be surprised too..

I was surprised to see that a dealer for 'enfield bullet' is just within few miles of my home. I never knew it... wow.. Try searching on its official website. You may be surprised too..

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/lo...lers/usa/start