Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_am_the_one110 is on a distinguished road
Default EAD card not arrived, employment starting soon

Hi guys,

I have applied for EAD (I-765) at Texas service center through my school's office of international education. My receipt date is 15th December, but my employment is going to start in a week. I had contacted USCIS customer service center (1-800-375-5283) in January last week and asked them to expedite the process, as I was planning on an international trip. However I haven't heard from them after that except a notice saying they have received the request to expedite my application. Now, I am already 5 days past my given OPT start date.

I contacted my school's international office. They say my application might not be expedited because it is not past 90 days yet.

My question is should I try contacting TSC using this (TSC Update - January 2010)method? (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ry-2010-a.html (TSC Update - January 2010))

Or Should I just wait for few more days? I also heard that requesting USCIS to expedite the application delays the processing period, is that true? In that case I feel I should try contacting TSC and send them my offer letter, which I did not during last call.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_the_one110 View Post
Hi guys,

I have applied for EAD (I-765) at Texas service center through my school's office of international education. My receipt date is 15th December, but my employment is going to start in a week. I had contacted USCIS customer service center (1-800-375-5283) in January last week and asked them to expedite the process, as I was planning on an international trip. However I haven't heard from them after that except a notice saying they have received the request to expedite my application. Now, I am already 5 days past my given OPT start date.

I contacted my school's international office. They say my application might not be expedited because it is not past 90 days yet.

My question is should I try contacting TSC using this (TSC Update - January 2010)method? (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ry-2010-a.html (TSC Update - January 2010))

Or Should I just wait for few more days? I also heard that requesting USCIS to expedite the application delays the processing period, is that true? In that case I feel I should try contacting TSC and send them my offer letter, which I did not during last call.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
F-1 based EAD processing times are ranging from 1 - 4 months these days. You cannot expedite the case unless 90 days have passed since your applied. Recently, my cousin received her EAD (on Jan 26th) and her application receipt date was in first week of Dec 2009. She applied at Vermont SC. I guess she got lucky and got it in less than 2 months where as many of her friends are still waiting and its been more than 90 days. You can try all means possible to contact TSC and try to expedite the case. I believe showing proof of employment start date would certainly help. Follow the POJ method and try and to get hold of an IO and explain your case, maybe that will help.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i_am_the_one110 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply, roseball! I will try reaching TSC now..

One more question:
Does previous internship employment increase the processing time, may be because more time is spent in background check?