Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Interesting Topics (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/)
-   -   shipping options for big items from India to US (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/1242882-shipping-options-for-big-items-from-india-to-us.html)

pmpforgc 03-10-2010 10:28 PM

shipping options for big items from India to US

Dear Members

I was trying to find info on the shipping of large or heavy items to US from India. speically items like heavy boxes of books, furniture and other non parishable item. Time frame may not be important but cost may be.

Thought some members may have experiences about the topic. Can you post advice and imporant links. Also any potential custom and othe issues and advice in the matter.

thanks

ameryki 03-10-2010 10:56 PM

r2i..........c.o.m.

pmpforgc 03-10-2010 11:04 PM

I think you miss understood

I think r2i.com may be good for US to INDIA shipping. I am taking about Shipping from INDIA to US for large items or Boxes etc.

sunnyh1case 03-11-2010 12:26 AM

shipping From India to US

I have a business and I import material from India to US. I go with Cargo Logistics Network(CLN). Google it for more details. I signed a document to them which allows them to clear the products coming in. They will bring in you products and ship them to where you want and give you a bill, which will consist of custom clearance prices etc.,. All you have to do is contact them and let them know where to pick the products from where to send them. They have their agents in India who will ship them. Since cost is a matter and time is Not a matter, ask them to get the products via "Ship/Ocean".

H1bslave 03-12-2010 10:20 AM

Looks like you are ahead in the game.
Please check PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyh1case (Post 1596637)
I have a business and I import material from India to US. I go with Cargo Logistics Network(CLN). Google it for more details. I signed a document to them which allows them to clear the products coming in. They will bring in you products and ship them to where you want and give you a bill, which will consist of custom clearance prices etc.,. All you have to do is contact them and let them know where to pick the products from where to send them. They have their agents in India who will ship them. Since cost is a matter and time is Not a matter, ask them to get the products via "Ship/Ocean".

pmpforgc 03-12-2010 07:50 PM

Thanks need some more details

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyh1case (Post 1596637)

Hi

Thanks for providing details of CLN. Have you compared there prices etc with other shippers and are they shippers or just agent

gg123 03-13-2010 09:38 PM

I thought this forum is for legal immigration related discussions and for fighting this long retrogression of EB related Green card. It would be better not to post these type of discussions, I think the system administrators should not entertain thes type of discussions.

pmpforgc 03-13-2010 11:30 PM

I think you are too late to tell this thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg123 (Post 1602227)
I thought this forum is for legal immigration related discussions and for fighting this long retrogression of EB related Green card. It would be better not to post these type of discussions, I think the system administrators should not entertain thes type of discussions.

Thanks for your suggestion. By the way you might be too late. Slowly this community has become important for discussion for all issues relating to skilled immigrants.

I have seen here all types of post from phone, insurance, Visitor visa, house, taxes, even some time about the issues to which many of us wil never be involved with.

These discussion on the all the topics about immigrantion as well as non-immgration keep this community vibrant as well as good place to get advise and discuss issues of importance for most of the members.

If you just put here EB retrogration issues we will have only one thread VISA BULLETIN OUT and PREDICTIONS !!!

If I am not interested in the issue I just keep my self away from that thread. That will make that thread disappear faster then my posting on that to keep it alive !!!

sunnyh1case 03-14-2010 08:47 PM

Shippin Info

Sorry, I did not do much comparison.....They are shippers as well not only agents....I got their info through a dealer of our products and they are with CLN for a long time and the cost is paid by them. So, I did not have to do any comparisions... :) hope this is helpful....