Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute
Default It should not take more than 10 days

I sent a package through express mail and it took exactly 10 days including customs clearance. I mailed a package on March 31st and it reached Mumbai on April 3rd and the customs cleared the package on April 9th. My family received it on Monday April 12th.

The customs took 6 damn days to clear the package which I think is ridiculous. May be your package is still at the customs.

If anyone wants to send express mail, log on to usps.com and create an account to print your shipping label and drop it at the local post office. Make sure to scan you label before you leave the post office. This way you can save at least $5 depends on weight.
Also make sure to print the scan form online and scan it when you drop the package. This is easier to track down the package. I was able to track the status all the way to "Out of Foreign Customs". After they handed it over to Indian post office there was no updates

Last edited by austingc; 04-15-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute pmpforgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call customer service

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi485 View Post
Bummer!!!

The shipment yet not reached India, but there is an update in online tracking.

It says shipment arrived in "RUSSIA" after these many days. My first reaction... WHY RUSSIA?

I double checked the receipt if for any weird reason I put russia instead of India - but that is not the case. I have the carbon copy and it has my correct address of INDIA. Also in the special box for coutry it is clearly marked as INDIA. I assume that this is not mistake but just a break journey at RUSSIA. I am atleast little relieved that the documents are atleast trackable and not completely lost.

On other hand, I don't know why postal clerk told me 3 - 5 days delivery though.

Those of you who have earlier expereince, do you remember if your shipment also travelled via Russia? Is this a normal route for USPS to send documents to INDIA?

I have sent last Feb USPS expree global mail to india (ahmedabad) and though it was running on time for delivery, in the middle some how it ended up in UAE, as per tracking details they even made failed delivery attempt in UAE !!!! I was shocked, I immidiately called on special 1-800 number (they have seperater number for express global mails) They can not calarify why it reached UAE but he took a complain and told me that He will divert it to India. He even told me that he will call me back about the status (which call never came) But in the end Letter was delivered in stated 5-7 day period to the home (Including the imess up in the middle, I even dont know that was mess up or the stop. But if it was stop then why they made delivery attempt, that I can not figure out)

In the end I was happy that each reached on time. I would highly adivse to call special number for express global delivery. It can only help.

Another USPS story: I sent the First Class Registered Mail by USPS to same address in India through USPS. It took almost three Weeks to get out of Customs of Newark !!!! I dont know why three weeks to reach just out of US!!! I was worried called customer service after waiting for 3-4 days after it went out of US. He told me that it should reach there in next two three days. He could not answer why it took three/four weeks to just get out of US? Eventually it reached on time he stated in call !!

I will any day ship/mail through USPS compared to FEDEX. Last several times when ever I tried FEDEX I found the worst customer service and they ask to fill several forms, assuming all time that we international people send some wrong thing (even when we are sending just papers) Charges of Fedex are almost double compare to USPS. Also if give half the money as FEDEX you can easily get it deliverd thorugh USPS, excluding some messups like above!!!!! USPS customer service and postal workers are lot good compared to what I have seen and experienced at FEDEX offices.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future

I have used the usps before, the time of delivery is exaggerated - it took more than 2 weeks for a small package; but it did reach and in reasonable condition. Not to worry, your package will get there. just hope that it was not a time relevant mail

Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpforgc View Post
I have sent last Feb USPS expree global mail to india (ahmedabad) and though it was running on time for delivery, in the middle some how it ended up in UAE, as per tracking details they even made failed delivery attempt in UAE !!!! I was shocked, I immidiately called on special 1-800 number (they have seperater number for express global mails) They can not calarify why it reached UAE but he took a complain and told me that He will divert it to India. He even told me that he will call me back about the status (which call never came) But in the end Letter was delivered in stated 5-7 day period to the home (Including the imess up in the middle, I even dont know that was mess up or the stop. But if it was stop then why they made delivery attempt, that I can not figure out)

In the end I was happy that each reached on time. I would highly adivse to call special number for express global delivery. It can only help.

Another USPS story: I sent the First Class Registered Mail by USPS to same address in India through USPS. It took almost three Weeks to get out of Customs of Newark !!!! I dont know why three weeks to reach just out of US!!! I was worried called customer service after waiting for 3-4 days after it went out of US. He told me that it should reach there in next two three days. He could not answer why it took three/four weeks to just get out of US? Eventually it reached on time he stated in call !!

I will any day ship/mail through USPS compared to FEDEX. Last several times when ever I tried FEDEX I found the worst customer service and they ask to fill several forms, assuming all time that we international people send some wrong thing (even when we are sending just papers) Charges of Fedex are almost double compare to USPS. Also if give half the money as FEDEX you can easily get it deliverd thorugh USPS, excluding some messups like above!!!!! USPS customer service and postal workers are lot good compared to what I have seen and experienced at FEDEX offices.
coincidently mine is also going to Amdavad. I guess the volcano issue in europe and subsequest flight cancellations may have caused delay. The status still shows that package arrived in Russia with no further updates for last 3 - 4 days. Do you still have the 1-800 number, or can tell me from where can I find it? I will look on USPS website anyway. Thank you for your input.

Last edited by desi485; 04-19-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts

Dear Friend,

The timing of you sending the document is not proper.

Anytime you send anything to INDIA, everything gets consolidated first in US at a major UPS/FEDEX or DHL location [ takes 2 days after your papers are dropped at local UPS/FEDEX/DHL office. Then in most cases it is sent to Europe and in Europe it takes atleast 2 days again for consignments to be consolidated before being shipped to final destination expecially ASIA. And takes another 2-3 days before it is finally delivered...

In this case most of the flights to Europe are cancelled and UPS or other have to look for alternative way of shipment in this case your papers landed up in Russia....

Now it should take another 3-5 days before it is delivered....Russia to China then Delhi-->Mumbai that should be route.....

Hope this gives you some peace of mind....

Deepak

Quote:
Bummer!!!

It says shipment arrived in "RUSSIA" after these many days. My first reaction... WHY RUSSIA?

I double checked the receipt if for any weird reason I put russia instead of India - but that is not the case. I have the carbon copy and it has my correct address of INDIA. Also in the special box for coutry it is clearly marked as INDIA. I assume that this is not mistake but just a break journey at RUSSIA. I am atleast little relieved that the documents are atleast trackable and not completely lost.

On other hand, I don't know why postal clerk told me 3 - 5 days delivery though.

Those of you who have earlier expereince, do you remember if your shipment also travelled via Russia? Is this a normal route for USPS to send documents to INDIA?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold
Default Volcanic ash

Quote:
Bummer!!!

This could be due to all the air travel related disturbances related to volcanic ash. Planes are not flying over European skies for past 3-4 days.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpforgc View Post

Not good news!

I called the 1-800 number and filed a complaint. After two days I received email with PDF attached named "proof of delivery for so and so tracking number". When I opened PDF file, it says' "we regret that we can not locate your package. If you need any further assistance, contact your local post office.".

I sent all my 3 years tax docs (contains all ssn for my entire family), my pay stubs, my bank information and what not. God knows what will happen now. What should I do in this situation?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute pbuckeye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not good news!

I called the 1-800 number and filed a complaint. After two days I received email with PDF attached named "proof of delivery for so and so tracking number". When I opened PDF file, it says' "we regret that we can not locate your package. If you need any further assistance, contact your local post office.".

I sent all my 3 years tax docs (contains all ssn for my entire family), my pay stubs, my bank information and what not. God knows what will happen now. What should I do in this situation?
Sorry to hear about your situation. File another complaint and ask for compensation (especially since your identity related documents were in there) but don't stress out too much (all that information can be stolen without those documents if somebody really wants to and besides that part is no longer in your hand).

Does the express mail have insurance (I cant remember if it did but its worth finding out). Good luck.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold NH123 is a splendid one to behold

It might be due to the travel difficulties occruring across whole europe due to vlocanic ash.It should reach there by next week as normal travel is will be restored by then.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak1978 View Post
You can do a EMS Tracking on India post website at
Welcome to the Indiapost Web Site

Just enter your Exprees mail label number.
I did this recently for an Express mail and was able to get some reliable info.
Thank you. I could find some information using this url, though my package is still missing. This may be useful to anyone else in same boat.

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough
Default Tracking details

ITEM n ECxxxxxxxxUS new search

Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
4/16/2010 4:45:00 PM UNITED STATES xxxxx Receive item from customer (Otb)
4/18/2010 9:49:00 AM UNITED STATES ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)
4/18/2010 9:51:00 AM UNITED STATES ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) Insert item into bag (Otb)
4/19/2010 10:12:00 PM UNITED STATES ISC MIAMI FL (USPS) Send item abroad (EDI-received)
4/25/2010 8:19:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
4/25/2010 2:19:00 PM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Send item to domestic location (Inb)

Still waiting

Old 03-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srinu686 is on a distinguished road
Default Express Mail International

Hi Guys,

in my opinion, USPS Express Mail International is the cheap and best courier service to india.
recently I mailed my visa docs around 1pound(15 ounces) to hyderabad, India.

Amazingly, it took only 4 days. I was very surprised. the cost was $30. I thought of using Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) but they said it will cost around $70. I was almost ready but at the last moment decided to go with Express International mail.

Detailed Results:

Delivered Abroad, March 19, 2011, 7:59 pm, INDIA
Out of Foreign Customs, March 18, 2011, 12:24 pm, INDIA
Arrived Abroad, March 18, 2011, 11:15 am, INDIA
International Dispatch, March 16, 2011, 10:45 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, March 15, 2011, 7:31 pm, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19176
Processed through Sort Facility, March 15, 2011, 6:15 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19850
Acceptance, March 15, 2011, 4:08 pm, WILMINGTON, DE 19801

hopefully it helps others too.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

I sent visa sponsorship documents for my parents using USPS Express Mail International service. This is the URL of this service.

USPS - Express Mail International

The postal clerk told me that it should take 3 - 5 days to reach india. It is already over a week and documents are yet not delivered. The online tracking only shows that documents have left USA but no other updates.

Is there anyone who used this service? How many days did it take? Any feedback?

Greatly appreciate your help!
You don't have to worry. Sometimes it take longer, also it is election time in many states, so customs takes a little more time to clear.

Also, the international packages to India won't leave the same day, it will take few days before it starts the outbound journey. Until it is arrived at the destination facility (not customs, after clearance), the tracking won't be changed.

It will reach eventually, within 15 days.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Georgia
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold dce.deepak is a splendid one to behold

I used USPS Express International mail and package was received within 5 business days but tracking was not reliable.

Last edited by dce.deepak; 04-03-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: other

Old 05-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ratika is on a distinguished road
Default usps has misplaced my package

I had sent my sponsorship documents on 29th april and still my parents have not received it. It is been 20 days and the only answer usps has is we are sending you claim papers. I am worried because the package has all the document which can be misused. any thoughts on what should be done?? also the visa process is getting delayed because of this.