Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/21/2011
Compare
gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute gc_vbin has a reputation beyond repute

Give it atleast another 10-15 days. I had sent an USPS express mail last year and it took more than a month to reach my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratika View Post
I had sent my sponsorship documents on 29th april and still my parents have not received it. It is been 20 days and the only answer usps has is we are sending you claim papers. I am worried because the package has all the document which can be misused. any thoughts on what should be done?? also the visa process is getting delayed because of this.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1user is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
I used 'Express Mail International' recently to send visa documents for my parents. I used the below link to track it online on the USPS website.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action

EG97805XXXXUS Express Mail International® Processed Through Sort Facility August 02, 2011, 8:54 pm ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed Through Sort Facility July 30, 2011, 5:03 pm ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrived at Sort Facility July 30, 2011, 5:02 pm ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Processed through Sort Facility July 29, 2011, 7:01 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32203
Acceptance July 29, 2011, 5:20 pm JACKSONVILLE, FL 32246

As you can see I dropped it at the local post office on Friday afternoon at 5:20pm. The package was delivered at my house in Chennai at 5pm on August 9th.

I was able to track the package on 'India Post - Speed Post tracking' website
India Post - Speed Post Tracking

I used the same usps tracking number and entered it against the article number field seen there. Once you are on the next page, click the Movement link and you will see the status.

Date & Time To Office Event Remarks
09/08/2011 08:59:00 PORUR Article Received
09/08/2011 PORUR Article Delivered TO: My Dad's name

Note that I was not able to see any prior statuses apart from receiving and delivering at the final post office (nothing like awaiting Customs clearance, dispatched to Chennai etc). Also I'm not able to tell whether this package went through Mumbai or directly landed in Chennai.

Bottom-line, it took a total of 10 calendar days (7 business days). I hope this information is useful to all.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vishwa03 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Express Mail International Package not reached at the destination after 10 days

I have sent my documents via Express Mail International® on 21st Feb 2013.
Here is the document processing flow:

Processed Through Sort Facility
February 22, 2013, 10:46 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Proof of Delivery
Arrived at Sort Facility
February 22, 2013, 10:44 am
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
February 22, 2013, 7:09 am
JAMAICA, NY 11499
Depart USPS Sort Facility
February 21, 2013
DULLES, VA 20101
February 21, 2013, 5:21 pm
DULLES, VA 20101
Dispatched to Sort Facility
February 21, 2013, 4:20 pm
MC LEAN, VA 22102
Acceptance
February 21, 2013, 10:24 am
MC LEAN, VA 22102

Today its almost 10 days completed still my documents are not reached at the destination.While accepting documents at the USPS counter staff told me we will delivered it within 3-5 working days location is a city, MUMBAI. But that's not true. After looking at your comments. It gave me some relief that document are safe still under routing. Waiting to see delivery status as reached as early as possible may be I have to wait couple of days
more watching...

Thanks you guys who all are posted their comments to give console and hope to wait some for days

Thank again
Vishwa

Old 03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
badger72 is on a distinguished road
Default delayed mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa03 View Post

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Proof of Delivery
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
JAMAICA, NY 11499
February 21, 2013
DULLES, VA 20101
DULLES, VA 20101
MC LEAN, VA 22102
Acceptance
MC LEAN, VA 22102

Today its almost 10 days completed still my documents are not reached at the destination.While accepting documents at the USPS counter staff told me we will delivered it within 3-5 working days location is a city, MUMBAI. But that's not true. After looking at your comments. It gave me some relief that document are safe still under routing. Waiting to see delivery status as reached as early as possible may be I have to wait couple of days
more watching...

Thanks you guys who all are posted their comments to give console and hope to wait some for days

Thank again
Vishwa
Hi - I am in similar situation, USPS registered mail going to Ahmedabad.

USPS tracking for my package status is also stuck on "SC NEW YORK NY(USPS) Processed through USPS Sort Facility" since Feb 24. Can you please track your package via IPS and post status? IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking
Mine says "Insert item into bag" since Feb 24.

I have been using USPS Registered Mail service to send documents/pictures to India since last 16 years and never have this sort of delay.
Thanks and good luck.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just FYI,

I know it may not be relevant to all documents sent but all the visa documents can be emailed. We scanned and emailed everything to my parents. Scanning /prinitng works out much cheaper and is almost instantaneous. My parents did not even have a email ID, we created a new mail ID for them, mailed all the docs to it and they just made a note of mail ID and password and went to a local cafe to get all the docs printed.

VOs happily accept scanned documents.

Btw, instead of using USPS, you may also want to look at FedEx, If you create a free account on fedex, the prices go down dramatically.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger72 View Post

USPS tracking for my package status is also stuck on "SC NEW YORK NY(USPS) Processed through USPS Sort Facility" since Feb 24. Can you please track your package via IPS and post status? IPS Web Tracking/Item Tracking

I have been using USPS Registered Mail service to send documents/pictures to India since last 16 years and never have this sort of delay.
Thanks and good luck.
I just sent USPS flat rate medium box via USPS International Priority Mail. I filled out custom form as well (not sure, if it is required to fill custom form for sending any documents though). It took more than 3 weeks to reach to India. It reached safely though. I would suggest to call USPS and talk to customer representative. Provide all details, and s/he may be able to open international shipping incident (something like Service Request).

Old 03-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchungry View Post
I just sent USPS flat rate medium box via USPS International Priority Mail. I filled out custom form as well (not sure, if it is required to fill custom form for sending any documents though). It took more than 3 weeks to reach to India. It reached safely though. I would suggest to call USPS and talk to customer representative. Provide all details, and s/he may be able to open international shipping incident (something like Service Request).
I sent in 3rd week of January and it reached end of second week of Feb.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbhari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishwa03 View Post

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Proof of Delivery
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
JAMAICA, NY 11499
February 21, 2013
DULLES, VA 20101
DULLES, VA 20101
MC LEAN, VA 22102
Acceptance
MC LEAN, VA 22102

more watching...

Thank again
Vishwa
Hi Vishwa,

I am in a similar situation and wanted to find out if your documents reached India safely and how long did it take to process. Would appreciate your update on this.

Thank you.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbhari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger72 View Post

Thanks and good luck.
Was your package delivered successfully? I am stuck in the same boat as you and it says "Insert item into bag" and has been stuck there since 5/9/2013.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amolsaurabh is on a distinguished road
Default Where is my package ? will it reach soon ?

Hello everybody,

I am really in trouble. I sent my GF's visa document by USPS on 11th june to pune,India, It's express mail and supposed to reach there in 3 to 5 business days. But it's saying "Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on June 12, 2013 at 11:10 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." after that no update. Today is 20th june. Can anybody tell me where exactly it is ? Will it reach there before 26 because she has a flight ? I tried calling USPS but they are helpless. They opened a query but no answer as of now.

Please help me out. Is there anything I can do ?

Thanks a lot.
Saurabh

Old 12-26-2013, 12:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kopainativ is on a distinguished road
Default Find friends who travel and send with them

There is a quicker, cost effective and personal way to send such things. Check out ManyShip (you can google it). ManyShip offers a global marketplace that connects senders needing to send products/goods quickly and safely with travelers who have space to carry. The transactions take place inside trust networks only. They do manual checks on the people sending and carrying things to keep it safe for everyone. Safety of travelers is dealt with utmost seriousness.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
oneworld123 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb you may track

you may track your document or parcel at International Courier Services from Hyderabad | Ahmedabad | Mumbai | Delhi | Bangalore | Chennai | Pune | India

Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
northstar95 is on a distinguished road

with regard to delivery abroad, consider using American eBox as your forwarding agent. They provide an Express service akin to DHL with better rates and the needed tracking to all countries abroad. https://live.americanebox.com