Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold
Default MD/VA/DC Area Members

Hey Fellow Immigrant Members
We are trying to gather more people from this area to join our state chapter. Our chapter needs around 40-50 Active member and we just have couple (<10). Can you believe that!!! This is such a big area comprising of three states and I know lot of people are frustrated by this whole GC process. This is the time to join hands and start meeting with lawmakers. At least we can make an effort. We need your active membership to start initiative. President Obama has at least started talking and this is the time to start contacting lawmakers and making them aware of our situation. Please PM VA State Chapter administrator - rayoflight to become member and start helping yourself to get out of this mess. Appreciate you reading my post but will be more happier if you join the chapter for this noble initiative for our community.

Thanks!!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/05/2007
Compare
kun will become famous soon enough

I am game. Let me know how I can help. I live near Tysons corner.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold mchatrvd is a splendid one to behold
Default Joining Chapter

Have you joined the chapter? Currently, the chapter only has 10 active members. I know that there are thousands impacted by immigration in DC Metro area. We need the first step which is you to join the chapter, so that we have active chapter bench strength of 40-50 people. Then we need to make presentation to lawmakers in our area with our group of 40-50 people which will make it more attractive for the lawmaker to talk. I appreciate you contacting me but will like you to send PM to rayoflight with your details which include - User ID, Contact Number, Priority Date, EB Category. This will let you become active member and then we can start planning meeting lawmakers.

Thanks!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am interested

I live near Tysons Corner and interested to join DC chapter .

Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. It was good talking to you and you are keeping up your promise. We need active volunteers like you to join our chapter and move forward.

- Rayoflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchatrvd View Post
Hey Fellow Immigrant Members
We are trying to gather more people from this area to join our state chapter. Our chapter needs around 40-50 Active member and we just have couple (<10). Can you believe that!!! This is such a big area comprising of three states and I know lot of people are frustrated by this whole GC process. This is the time to join hands and start meeting with lawmakers. At least we can make an effort. We need your active membership to start initiative. President Obama has at least started talking and this is the time to start contacting lawmakers and making them aware of our situation. Please PM VA State Chapter administrator - rayoflight to become member and start helping yourself to get out of this mess. Appreciate you reading my post but will be more happier if you join the chapter for this noble initiative for our community.

Thanks!!!

Called Senators and Congressmen/women to support the Murray Amendment and HR Bills

http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Proud Member & Leader of IV-MD-DC-VA Chapter
GREENED: Nov 2011
SUPPORT RECURRING CONTRIBUTIONS

Disclaimer: Please consult an experienced attorney for the best consultation in your matters as my knowledge is hearsay or book read & am not a licensed attorney.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manugee is on a distinguished road
Default I'm in

I have updated my phone number, please contact me or let me know how to contact you. I'm in for this cause.

Thanks,

Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute rayoflight has a reputation beyond repute

I am very happy at the requests coming in. We need more members to join. Please send your IV Handle, Name, Valid Email Address, Phone with your request to http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter

Thank You,
Rayoflight

Called Senators and Congressmen/women to support the Murray Amendment and HR Bills

http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter
Proud Member & Leader of IV-MD-DC-VA Chapter
GREENED: Nov 2011
SUPPORT RECURRING CONTRIBUTIONS

Disclaimer: Please consult an experienced attorney for the best consultation in your matters as my knowledge is hearsay or book read & am not a licensed attorney.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/08/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute redds777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default please count me in . i live in MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
I am very happy at the requests coming in. We need more members to join. Please send your IV Handle, Name, Valid Email Address, Phone with your request to http://groups.google.com/group/iv-dc-chapter

Thank You,
Rayoflight
Pls contact me through PM . i would like to join the chapter . Let me know what are the plans.

Thanks
Ravi

Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post

Thank You,
Rayoflight
I live in Ashburn, VA. I sent you an email via groups.google.com.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rajvepa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Let me know whom to contact

I am interested in joining the chapter and participate actively, Please let me know whom to contact and how to contact

Thanks

I-140 TSC Approved Jan 2007

I-485,I-765 and I-131 (Self & Spouse) - NSC - signed by F HEINAUER @ 11:14 AM

Self ( Single check for $ 745)
I-485 July 3rd - Check Cashed on Sep 8th at Texas Service center
I-765 July 3rd - Check Cashed on Sep 8th at Texas Service center
I-131 July 3rd - Check Cashed on Sep 8th at Texas Service center

Spouse ( Single check for $ 745)
I-485 July 3rd - No Update
I-765 July 3rd - No Update
I-131 July 3rd - No Update

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2007
Compare
hanu_78 is a glorious beacon of light hanu_78 is a glorious beacon of light hanu_78 is a glorious beacon of light hanu_78 is a glorious beacon of light hanu_78 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Interested

I am also interested to participate. I already did send a request to add to the group.

Thanks,
Kumar.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Thank You

Guys
I appreciate all of you taking time and showing interest. We need to keep this motivation going. Please send your contact details as suggested by rayoflight earlier. We need to reach threshold of 40-50 active members. We need to show strength of our community and DC Metro area. We contribute so much to the economy and revenue of this country. It is about time that lawmakers need to hear that we cannot be taken for granted. They must and have to do something for Legal Immigration. I know it sounds good but path seems difficult. All I say is at least we can make effort, which is join chapter and contribute some time. Trust me, this will make lot of impact to our efforts. Please talk to your friends. We just need to cross threshold of 40 members, so that we start doing presentations to lawmakers in our area, which is also an opportunity to show our strength. Again as I said this such a big area and I know lot of professionals which are your friends and family members impacted by Immigration. It should not be hard task to gather 40 people. I am sure as we start joining hands, more people will come on board.
I am even thinking if we can contact Kal Penn (recently joined White House) who is responsible for managing relations with Asian Community. He will understand and will help us in communicating our pains to Chief of White House and President, since he holds good relations with them. There is lot we can do. We just need to work together as a core and achieve the bench strength of 40.
So, again appreciate all your interest and please help us in getting more active volunteer.

Hey rayoflight
Is there anyway you can start updating this thread on active member count, so that we have an idea as to how many more people we need to start planning for next step? Please provide your feedback.

Thanks!!!

Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the initiative. Please also add your chapter group link in your sinature. It will help give publicity to the chapter group on the forum whenever ou post.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Signature

Hey pappu
Thanks for the suggestion. This sound like a dumb question, but I need to ask - how do I change my signature?

Thanks

Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

bumping