Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should we not join hands with sean hannity and Rush ?

I was thinking after the reading the research article at Heritage foundation, that we should seek and ask Sean and Rush to help us.

People listen to them and they know how to make themselves heard.

H-1B Workers: Highly Skilled, Highly Needed

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
I was thinking after the reading the research article at Heritage foundation, that we should seek and ask Sean and Rush to help us.

May be we should also ask KKK for help while we are at it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Look here Arkbird, you think it's very smart of you to link Sean Hannity and like minded people with kkk without even bothering to read the article or researching their views about the immigration issue. I would suggest you first read the article and get yourself educated about what the conservatives, and like minded people think about skilled workers. don't just be fed crap by the liberal media which is subservient to the democratic machine.

there are many more republicans and conservatives that care about and are aware of the problems faced by skilled workers than those who are democrats or liberals. I just don't understand what's riling you or people like you to go ballistic against people with conservative thoughts. Dems only care about the vote bank (the undocumented/illegals)...they couldn't care less for us. If at all they would help us, it'll only be as an afterthought.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

You are making the same presumption you are accusing me I did read that article.

They are called "Right Wing" or "Conservative" talk show hosts and everyone knows where right wing stands on immigration. If you think they can help us god bless you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
Look here Arkbird, you think it's very smart of you to link Sean Hannity and like minded people with kkk without even bothering to read the article or researching their views about the immigration issue. I would suggest you first read the article and get yourself educated about what the conservatives, and like minded people think about skilled workers. don't just be fed crap by the liberal media which is subservient to the democratic machine.

there are many more republicans and conservatives that care about and are aware of the problems faced by skilled workers than those who are democrats or liberals. I just don't understand what's riling you or people like you to go ballistic against people with conservative thoughts. Dems only care about the vote bank (the undocumented/illegals)...they couldn't care less for us. If at all they would help us, it'll only be as an afterthought.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

newt gingrich is one of main proponant of h1b visas, and gc for skilled workers and he's a conservative. likewise you have many more conservatives that favor or atleast are likely to favor immigration reform benefiting us. you have to differentiate the right from the far right, as also the left from the far left. I think it'll be more easier to convince a republican than a democrat by presenting our case. of course there are exceptions like sen grassley. Republicans/conservatives are against immigration reform for the undocumented/illegals, and they should be rightly so (assuming you are from india, wouldn't you be angry if people from bangla./pak. were to stream into your country without restrictions?). But I am sure if we were the only people in this debate, the repubs/conservatives would easily favor us. the dems wants to club us with the undocumented, and that's where the problem lies.

I can confidently say that there has been no democrat that has personally benefitted you nor has there been any republican that has hurt you in any way. so think before you brandish terms like kkk.

- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

- The Bible

Old 07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default assumptions?

Who told you conservatives are againts legal immigrants, no they are not. They are strictly against the illegals. Just go thru some webpages and read about them.

To start with read the articles at The Heritage Foundation - Conservative Policy Research and Analysis. They are pro immigrants.

Just don't fly cents in the air to shoot. Well god knows are you pro immigrants as seen recently immigrants against immigrants. May be you are one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
You are making the same presumption you are accusing me I did read that article.

They are called "Right Wing" or "Conservative" talk show hosts and everyone knows where right wing stands on immigration. If you think they can help us god bless you...

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold kishorek111 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it will help in anyway in the near future. Sean Hannity and Rush belong to GOP and sadly GOP has no majority in any of the house. But it is always good to seek help of them (for that matter anyone who supports our cause) incase they are willing to help us in any way.

The best option might be that Obama has quite a few Indian and Asian members like Vivek in his inner circle thru whom we have to build up our cause

Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Compare
nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Bad idea. It will turn political and ugly. There are so many who hate Rush and Sean, including me

Old 07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

is there any reason for hating rush and sean? or is it by default?

- The Bible

Old 07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

dear slumdogs like me, why not start from business week reporter

Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2005
Compare
nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts nojoke is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
is there any reason for hating rush and sean? or is it by default?
hypocrites. Self-righteous, spewing hatred on anyone that disagrees + lies, calling others elite while making millions + they can dish out but not take it + ridiculing science, +, + ....

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice kcforgc is just really nice

Quote:

I do not have any opinion on this, but if you remember Rush has recently called Indians as "Slumdogs" on the national radio. It has already sent a wrong message about India to the conservatives. All I'm saying is we should be careful when approaching Rush. He is like a double edged sword.

On the other hand, Sean Hannity always quotes and promotes Heritage Foundation on his radio program.

On the other note, whoever thinks Republicans/conservatives are against H1b/immigration are wrong. Please see the Youtube video on Sen. John McCain's views on H1b(immigration).

YouTube - John McCain & Meg Whitman on H-1B Visas

We need help from senior, well respected senators & congressmen like Sen. McCain to promote our agenda and include our provisions in the CIR.

Last edited by kcforgc; 07-07-2009 at 08:21 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default u are a clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
May be we should also ask KKK for help while we are at it.
U have no rights to compare Sean and Rush to KKK. This is the pervert ideology which is harming this organization. Heritage foundation is on our side.

Till date what democrats have done for you ?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default That's not correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcforgc View Post
I do not have any opinion on this, but if you remember Rush has recently called Indians as "Slumdogs" on the national radio. It has already sent a wrong message about India to the conservatives. All I'm saying is we should be careful when approaching Rush. He is like a double edged sword.

On the other hand, Sean Hannity always quotes and promotes Heritage Foundation on his radio program.

On the other note, whoever thinks Republicans/conservatives are against H1b/immigration are wrong. Please see the Youtube video on Sen. John McCain's views on H1b(immigration).

YouTube - John McCain & Meg Whitman on H-1B Visas

We need help from senior, well respected senators & congressmen like Sen. McCain to promote our agenda and include our provisions in the CIR.
60% of republicans are pro-business and pro-skilled immigration. Why these people don't speak for us because they think that IV is a radical left , pro-democrat organization.
Democrats are in majority and your Obama is in power but why Are we experiencing more problem than Bush era ?

So that all calls for change in lobbying stratergy.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts
Default Rather than assigning labels

of democrats and republicans to yourself like Americans, we should examine what do we have to offer to either parties and why will they support us vs oppose us.
It's not smart to question who is more moral and cuddly among the two.
The republicans,
The BAD: clearly carry a national agenda and are defacto owners of patriotism bordering on chauvinism, hence control more xenophobic populace.
The GOOD: On the positive end, they are totally pro-business. When the industry talks, they listen. They don't create hurdles for free market system including the manpower demand for corporates.
The democrats.
The GOOD: They take the more higher moral ground on xenophobia, among other things. The dems seem very accepting and tolerant, which appeals to every foreigner, & minority alike.
The BAD: They support unions, socialism right down to protectionism. I feel they go to vast lengths to appease fringe groups to garner votes.

We can leverage republicans only through corporations, as they understand each others language. We can leverage democrats through the diverse cabinet members of Obama admin who has his ears.
Having said that I feel we should focus our energy on dems as they control everything. If someone wants to befriend repubs too, no harm will be done there as well.