Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute abhishek101 has a reputation beyond repute

Amway and the sister version of Amway Quixtar both are biggest Ponzi schemes, everybody who practices for these should be jailed with Bernie Madoff.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute jayleno has a reputation beyond repute
Default ;)

I'm enjoying this thread more than I enjoyed the predictions one. I'm imagining a qucikstar star reading this thread and smiling to myself. My wife thinks I'm reading a joke on the internet.

Keep them coming guys.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute gimmeacard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizash View Post
People can loose a lot of money in this "business"... 20K in 4 years is petty... literally.

Once you achieve some level in this business, your "uplines" start pestering you to do 300PV every month instead of 100PV. Each PV is about $2.50 + tax + Shipping so 300PV = $800 a month. Most of this $800 stuff is at least with 300% markup and many of the things that we didn't need. So even if we take $200 as waste out of $800, in 4 years, I lost $200x12x4 = $9,600

Now, off course no one puts a gun to your head to buy 300PV but the pressure is nothing less than that. Its very hard to explain just like hard to explain the Niagara Falls experience (this example I have used many times while contacting people).

Thanks EbiZash for explaining the details, i hear your pain, i would had jumped off the bridge after i failed in 3 months, no matter how much pressure, i would save my shirt first.

Its time you start hearing to your wife. i lost a good fortune in stocks too, so i am no avatar here :-)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

A guy approached me in Walmart (he had nothing in his cart) and said - are you from india? Where do you work? Where do u live? What's you fone number.......all this happened in a matter of 2 mins. We has just moved to a new city and thought he is a nice guy and gave our phone number.............BIG MISTAKE....got a fone call 3 days later to talk about a business plan............OMG...worst hr of my life.

Then I met one couple in their 40s in IKEA and they said - I've see you before....it immediately struck to me and I said - Are you from quickstar............ROFL.

These ppl are a pain. Avoid Amway/Quixtar and any pyramid ponzi scheme.

People like these give desis a bad name. Ignore them.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2011
Compare
srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute srinivasj has a reputation beyond repute

my wife makes always makes fun of me everytime a quickstar guy catches me at a mall..

she says that a big BHAKRA is visible eveyrtime on your face to those guys..

Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold sgmavinkurve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by taarine View Post
Folks, let's not stereotype desis or any particular race. I ran into this Malaysian couple of Chinese descent who approached my wife and I at IKEA in the Chicago area. They tried some of the same techniques as described in this thread...
I was very surprised and confused because we had no connection in terms of race, native language, or look. I am hard core - lungi-dhari desi So you see it's the Amway/Quixtar/BWW culture and nothing to do with any race, regionalism or language. My $0.2
I don't think anyone was suggesting that race or ethnic background has anything to do with it. There was no suggestion that the Amway bug bites only Desis. The Amway bug can bite anybody regardless of their background. All are vulnerable.

Yet, the fact of the matter is that the Amway bug has bitten more than a few people in the Desi community, and those individuals are actively trying to lure others. And from what I've seen and heard, they primarily target other Desis. We should be aware.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts
Default njoy

YouTube - Hardware store scene from Garden State

Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of bayarea07 has much to be proud of
Default Amway Bluff

Another thing i found out about these amway guys is they lie about
credentials of their upsells and about themselves just to show them as superior and successful in life, i know few friends of mine who though a big failure in the technical job they do (one has been kicked out of the job because he did not knew his work) but he keeps posting patents on free internet sites and writes technical blogs (most of them copied from different internet sites) just to show his downlines how bigshot he is.
Complete wastage of time and money, do it if you want to alienate all your existing friends and family and if you did decide to join , be ready to be brainwashed by the new friends and group that you are going to have by making everybody else beside that group as a loser.

By the Way when they introduce you to their boss ,their boss usually shows you a real check of 8-9K, is it usually a fake check given to them as part of the kit

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute

I guess there should be some T-Shirt to wear when going to Walmart or desi shop which says "Amway leaches keep away (some slogan)" to put these desi Amway guys to shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
When I moved to Cali about 2 yrs back from the midwest, I saw a guy at a desi store in the bay area who looked very similar to an old school friend whom I have not seen in 14 yrs. I went upto him and started talking to him asking if he was the same guy, He insulted me and avoided me like the plague. In midwest, I have not had any similar exp when I have tried stiking any conversation with a desi, so I was shocked. Then my BIL who had been living in the bay area for a while tole me about amway cons being in huge numbers and the fact that Desis do not trust anyone in the bayarea who appear friendly and the probable reason why this guy behaved the way he did. It is sad that we cannot be friendly to our own countrymen.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
Because of all these experiences, even when you genuinely smile or strike a conversation with a desi, he/she first suspects you to be an ammway guy. I face it everyday, being "outgoing extrovert" in nature, I tend to smile and talk to people in elevators, walkways, malls, restrooms, groceries etc... which is mostly casual fun stuff and most times desis suspect that I am a ammway guy and cut me out harshly.
Chandruv23,
Its pretty easy to find out who the real stalkers (amyway) guys are and who aren't. I am not an extrovert per se but do wish people on the elevators or even while walking on the park. Amway ones have this totally fake attitude that i can easily find out who they are..

Problem with these guys is they don;t understand that NO means really NO.. Not Interested.. They think pushing more and more will convince me. Losers!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost a 4 year friend of mine.

My experience with amway - Very close friend of mine joined amway once he came to US, and within a few weeks, tried it on me. And at the end, he branded me as closed minded person when I said no many times. Forgot the 4 year friendship and never called me for the past 7 years. Oh well, my wife keeps telling me, those who don't understand us cannot be good friends. And after seven years, I agree...
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Osiris has a spectacular aura about Osiris has a spectacular aura about

One of the main problems with Indians is that they are too nice to say "No" most of the times! Stop being nice or polite to these guys! I have been approached by these people before and the only thing that I say them is "Just leave me alone! I have a life unlike you."

Old 07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

We desis are too polite and can't say NO easily like others. I have learnt to say NO in the US now, makes my life much easier....be nice and say no politely.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default not really..

not really..i think we want to give a benefit of doubt to the amway person not to do this and lose our friendship (esp when close friends do this to you). We know how to be tough. Been there done that. I came to a conclusion that people who cannot understand the value of friendship can never be true friends. Esp when my close friend spoiled his friendship with me due to amway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
We desis are too polite and can't say NO easily like others. I have learnt to say NO in the US now, makes my life much easier....be nice and say no politely.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute punjabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Quixstar people

People in Quixstar and Amway can best be described as organisms who would like to prey on your humble attitude so they can eat away your wallet including your peace of mind. Like FBI, they are supposed to extract all the information about your job, relatives, wife, cousins, friends, and so on. They won't feel bad to ask as personal questions as what time you go to work, what you do on weekends, which movies you watch, what color of underwear you wear, etc. etc.

Shameless creatures!

Their bodies still run a blood of human beings (so scientifically they are still classified as among the species of humanoids) but they are left to pest around the people at places like malls and shopping centers to suck the blood out of them, just like the brown-colored-termites in the backyard of my previous house.

It is run by people with covert personalities. Look at the definition of the word 'covert' and you will understand.

One day, I was talking to my uncle in punjabi language over the phone at Target store. After the conversation ended, I found a guy standing next to me in the same aisle. He told me "You speak punjabi too? It is hard to find people who speak punjabi here. By the way, I am also from Punjab" and he extends his hands forward. He asked me my orkut id, facebook id, phone number, which company I work for, when I do get off from work, when can I meet him for a cup of coffee. Thankfully, I knew these kind of people before.

One of my friends told me that Quixstar was first known as Amway in US. And they had to change the name to avoid taxes or some kind of heavy penalty.

Next time you step out of your house, remember what your mommy told you 20 years ago:

DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS. IF THEY OFFER YOU A CANDY, JUST SMILE. POLITELY SAY NO AND WALK AWAY.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Life is a game....why get serious?
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
$930 in contribution, DC Rally & Phone Campaign

[SAVE PAPER think before you print.]

Last edited by punjabi; 07-22-2010 at 11:42 AM.