Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default anybody has dish iptv?

we live in an apartment and our landlord does not give permission to install antenna, neither do we get any dish tv (indian channel) signal due to trees around the complex. i recently heard about dish iptv where they connect a wire to your internet modem and you can watch desi channels on the tv. does anyone have this service and what has been your experience with it?they have a contract and i want to know if it really works before buying the services. thanks a lot.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
rameshms will become famous soon enough
Default Maybe this can help

I have not tried Dish IP TV. If you are only looking at Indian programming, you may want to look at WatchIndia (dot) TV. I must point out that the quality was not great (especially while viewing on a large screen, it was good enough a Dual Core laptop). Recently they have introduced a STB option. I am guessing this maybe good. Anyway, they have a 15 day trial, which you can check out.

This could be one of your options, as you have a limitation of not availing of a satellite.

One Time $100
Monthly $20 (March 07 to Feb 09)

Last edited by rameshms; 08-06-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo

Old 08-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute redgreen has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know there is a Malayalam IPTV service available for North American viewers. It is called "BomTV" (Best of Malayalam TV) with Asianet (4 channels), Jeevan, Jaihind, Shalom, Powervision, etc. You don't need dish or cable or computer and you get HD transmission on your TV. You need high speed internet. You may check for more details at:

BoMTV

Old 08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
AreWeThereYet is infamous around these parts
Default Dish does not have it and here are Telugu IPTV options

I just called them and checked the dish network site I do not see anything like that

For telugu audience I am aware of 2 such providers. telugumagictv and reliableiptv. I have not tried either. I would have tried them if they had both Hindi and Telugu channels. Does anyone know of an IPTV provider who has both Hindi and Telugu channels. One more thing, the above mentioned 2 provide the STB that can also act as a media player to play all kinds of media from your external USB drive. But I already have WDTV at home.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of billu has much to be proud of
Default dish iptv website

DISH Network IPTV

this is what i am talking about

Old 08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold RSM1444 is a splendid one to behold

looks interesting.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by billu View Post
DISH Network IPTV

this is what i am talking about
Thanks for link, Billu. Interesting but seems expensive. Hope they reduce the price

Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts veerufs is infamous around these parts

Folks, Let us not use this forum for non-immigration matters.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute austingc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerufs View Post
This topic is posted under General Information > Interesting Topics

Billu did not post this under immigration matter, so dont read it if you dont want to.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute gopalkrishan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austingc View Post
This topic is posted under General Information > Interesting Topics

Billu did not post this under immigration matter, so dont read it if you dont want to.
with fear of sounding rude to Veerufs .. I must say that i concur and whole heartedly agree with Austingc

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerufs View Post
i have seen numerous posts in his forum about finances, real estate, phone cards, exchange rates,courier services and even jokes.....whats wrong with asking a fellow desi's opinion on indian channels under interesting topics??we live in an area mostly populated by americans and do not have any desi people around. i thought this was a good forum to take opinion of fellow desis. if you think it is against the forum rules, you can take this off.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ThackeG67 has a spectacular aura about ThackeG67 has a spectacular aura about ThackeG67 has a spectacular aura about

Hi I'm a newbie here and just want to know where can I find the forum rules to avoid posting errors. Thanks

Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kiranraheja is on a distinguished road
Default anyone tried?

Hi Billu/anyone,

Did anyone try this Dish Network iptv service? Its expensive and has a contract attached so wanted to know if I should go ahead with it.

Thanks.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sp99 is on a distinguished road
Default Dish IPTV has an excellent Quality

Hello Folks,
I was also in the same dilemma 2 weeks back but now that i have DISH IPTV, i am very happy with the quality of the channels. I ordered Hindi Superpack, i was interested in Elite pack but it has $6 charge which becomes $40 for 4 channnels but add 4.99 and u get 8 channels...i was worried about buffering and quality of the programming but it is awesome..i watch it on my 50inch plasma..it is great..let me know if u have any more questions...

Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Default Broadband ISP

sp99, who is your internet service provider? For about 8 channels, you are paying ~$50. Do they also have any regular US local channels included in this package? The reason I am asking this question is that they charge about $50 for a few indian channels + other regular HD channels, if you get the dish from them. I understand that the iptv is for folks like me that can not install dish in the building. I am just trying to compare the price. Also, could you tell us if you had to sign a contract too?

Appreciate your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp99 View Post
Hello Folks,
I was also in the same dilemma 2 weeks back but now that i have DISH IPTV, i am very happy with the quality of the channels. I ordered Hindi Superpack, i was interested in Elite pack but it has $6 charge which becomes $40 for 4 channnels but add 4.99 and u get 8 channels...i was worried about buffering and quality of the programming but it is awesome..i watch it on my 50inch plasma..it is great..let me know if u have any more questions...