Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Interesting Topics (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/)
-   -   Contributing to IV without being credited for contribution (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/1600454-contributing-to-iv-without-being-credited-for-contribution.html)

vkjanam 09-22-2010 02:33 PM

Contributing to IV without being credited for contribution

Is there a minimum contribution to make before our handle is shown as donor? The reason I am asking this is - I have been a monthly contributor for last few months, but I dont think it shows in my handle as donor.

There was an issue when I signed up for monthly contribution, something got messed up and my contribution started without attaching the contribution to my handle (my credit card getting billed regularly by paypall for IV). Later I followed up with IV few times (through web and through phone messages) to connect my handle to the contibutions. I havent got any response though:mad:

Any thoughts on how to fix this? (to attach my contributions to my handle) ?

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC 09-22-2010 02:51 PM

Contact IV's Office

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkjanam (Post 1986933)
Is there a minimum contribution to make before our handle is shown as donor? The reason I am asking this is - I have been a monthly contributor for last few months, but I dont think it shows in my handle as donor.

There was an issue when I signed up for monthly contribution, something got messed up and my contribution started without attaching the contribution to my handle (my credit card getting billed regularly by paypall for IV). Later I followed up with IV few times (through web and through phone messages) to connect my handle to the contibutions. I havent got any response though:mad:

Any thoughts on how to fix this? (to attach my contributions to my handle) ?

Please call IV's Office @ 202-386-6250 and speak with Anu. She will guide you.
Thanks for your contribution.

vkjanam 09-22-2010 03:54 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. Called that number and left a message. Hopefully some one will get back to me to close this..

regards

Vkjanam

sandy_anand 09-22-2010 06:12 PM

There are a few people I know of who are having this issue. I'm sure IV is aware of it and working to fix the Donor Forum. You could also fill out the feedback form to the Site Admin.

jediknight 09-23-2010 10:03 AM

I have given up on being recognized as Donor

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC (Post 1986936)
Please call IV's Office @ 202-386-6250 and speak with Anu. She will guide you.
Thanks for your contribution.

I sent PM messages to Anu and Pappu about this and the response was - the Donor forum is not active anymore.

Anyway, It would be nice to have the status shown correctly but it's not something I plan to invest more time and effort into correcting :)

- JK

StarSun 09-23-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkjanam (Post 1986945)
Thanks for the suggestion. Called that number and left a message. Hopefully some one will get back to me to close this..

regards

Vkjanam

As I explained yesterday, our donor forums are yet to be activated, and as soon as it is done, verified members will be provided access to the donor forums as well as their user names will reflect their "donor" status.

Every member who has contacted me over the issue, I have addressed their concerns and also keeping track, rest assured. If any member has further questions, please call 202-386-6250.