Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has anyone used Wheelchair for Parents in Frankfurt Airport.

Guys I am posting this under General Information knowing that this is definitely not an immigration related question. So, please control your urge for giving negative reps. I have booked a wheelchair for my mom who cannot walk properly in Frankfurt airport during her transit of flights. Do they generally take them till the next flight gate? Also, there is only one hour time gap between these 2 flights? Will this be sufficient for them to take her to the next flight gate. Has anyone used this service for your parents and what are their experiences?

Thanks in advance.

btw, the airlines that she is travelling is lufthansa.
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Last edited by eb3retro; 09-26-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute
Default its ok goahead

no issues. My mom travelled to mumbai from chicago via frankfurt on AI. everything went well.. no issues on wheel chair as they took care of her well in transit and dropped her at the gate.
She did report issues in mumbai when she landed as it took 30 mins for wheel chair person to arrive at the gate... same AI has pathetic service in india and they are OK in US.

hope this helps..
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 09-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
Guys I am posting this under General Information knowing that this is definitely not an immigration related question. So, please control your urge for giving negative reps. I have booked a wheelchair for my mom who cannot walk properly in Frankfurt airport during her transit of flights. Do they generally take them till the next flight gate? Also, there is only one hour time gap between these 2 flights? Will this be sufficient for them to take her to the next flight gate. Has anyone used this service for your parents and what are their experiences?

Thanks in advance.

btw, the airlines that she is travelling is lufthansa.
Go ahead - there is no problem at all. My parents traveled to Detroit from Bangalore via Frankfurt by Lufth. The had a nice experience - they were taken from one gate to the next by one of those battery operated carts. Everything went smoothly and they did not have to wait much at all (other than the wait during the layover time). Even at Detroit the service was really good - although the guy who got my parents to the exit asked me for tips (which I had ready - but was surprised that he asked for tips - this was the first time someone asked me for tips directly in the US).