Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Nice... !

And that's different than your present status how?

With 3-year H1B extensions and AP + EAD, what's your temporary "pre-adjudicated conditional green card" buying you?

jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
Ok so in biological terms USCIS has 145000 fully healthy babies in it ready to come out but it is not allowing them to because they do not have visas .

Why can't they give me a Pre adjucated conditional green card ( temporary Green card ) which will allow the reciever to do everything a green card holder does except for calling me a permanent resident .

1) Green card needs to be renewed each year . Till the permanent card arrives.

2) Green card is conditional , will be revoked if the person changes employer

3) Will be revoked if the person gers laid off or leaves the country .
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default Don't forget about EB1C Multinational Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjose View Post
Its so amazing that we have ONLY 5,327 people from India that are person of exraordinary capabilities that are eligible for Eb1.
I believe 50-60% of 5327 EB1 would be EB1 multinational executives(they are most exceptional people of world).
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default on weed

Quote:
Ok so in biological terms USCIS has 145000 fully healthy babies in it ready to come out but it is not allowing them to because they do not have visas .

Why can't they give me a Pre adjucated conditional green card ( temporary Green card ) which will allow the reciever to do everything a green card holder does except for calling me a permanent resident .

hey arnab221, seriously,i will take two of whatever you are smoking or drinking this weekend....

Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa123 View Post
According to Ron Gotcher,
"The unfulfilled demand from the CIS is presently 145,000 EB visas. That is, they have adjudicated 145,000 cases that do not have "current" priority dates. Of this number, 50,000 are EB2 cases, 94,000 are EB3 cases, and 1,000 are EB3 "other worker" cases"

Here is the interesting thread:
Collaboration on visa quota data/analysis - Page 6 - Immigration Information Discussion Forum

Not sure how close this is to the various calculations other IVians have come up with so far.

What does it mean for someone like me , whose PD is Feb 2008 in EB2 category?
94k EB2 cases with 2.8k per year - seems like 19 years of wait. what could reduce this # of 19 years except visa recapture?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute Eternal_Hope has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel_ar View Post
94k EB2 cases with 2.8k per year - seems like 19 years of wait. what could reduce this # of 19 years except visa recapture?
This excessive retrogression is the reason that people got together and formed IV.

Putting hopes on just one bill/solution (visa recapture) is not wise, very aggressive and passionate efforts from ALL members is required on many fronts simultaneously.

A lot of people still don't contribute monetarily, especially the new members, because they don't see visible results in the short-term. These members should consider acting on the IV action items, even while they evaluate about donating. Unless a lot many members get active this retrogression problem is not going away. The problem is certainly not going away on its own despite how much we wish it would!

Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mrjonie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyBanker View Post
I am guessing for July 07 filers, if FP expire, 2nd FP might be done, once they issue GC.

So i am not expecting any FP till my GC. I might be wrong but its a guess.
I am a july 07 EB3 filer (PD-Dec 2006) and i am done with my second FP last week

Old 07-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjonie View Post
I am a july 07 EB3 filer (PD-Dec 2006) and i am done with my second FP last week
I am in a July 07 - EB3 filer (PD-Apr 2006) and i m done with my Third Finger print done on May 13 2009.

On June 26 th I recieved RFE. I replied RFE on July 9th.

I got soft LUD's. 07/09, 07/10, 07/14, 07/15, 07/17 and 07/19. USCIS is working on Sundays also. I dont know wht's going in my case?. If any body on the same situation please share the information.

thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmohan View Post
I believe 50-60% of 5327 EB1 would be EB1 multinational executives(they are most exceptional people of world).
I think 5327 is not the number of primary applcant. It is more like total EB1 cases including dependents. So if we say average 1.5 dependent / application means less than 2K applications (primary) for EB1 category which makes me feel there are not that many multinational managers. I am sure least 1k - 1.5K are PhD holders who get into EB1. I dont have any figures to back this claim just a wild guess based on assumptions listed above.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

Quote:

Are you serious? That is worse than an EAD which allows you to be unemployed OR change employers.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 07-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold sroyc is a splendid one to behold

Due to spillover, EB2 India has been getting 14-15K visas since last year, when they changed their interpretation of how the spillover should work, so the situation is slightly better for EB2 India.

The bad news is that the 50K figure for EB2 may not include all filers up to July 2007. Since it is from the USCIS, it may not even be reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel_ar View Post

Old 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/21/2007
Compare
guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough guchi472000 is a jewel in the rough
Angry Spill Over for EB2

Sorry I Don't understand wt is Spill Over? Is this happen every year for EB2.