Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanu_75 View Post
On what are you basing the genuiness of this. Mumbai Consulate made a mistake in June 2010 visa bulletin when they made EB2 India current. They changed it within a day. Could be a repeat of the same thing. Until we see the official website come out with the same official version, nobody should get their hopes up.

I'm saying this, even though I and a lot of others will be helped if this is true.
it could be a mistake as you say ...at the same time, it makes lot of sense ---family categories have been made stagnant or retrogressed --it could be lawyers lobby trying to get work for lawyers or just more revenues for uscis ...lets say there is good chance that this is correct --
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute LONGGCQUE has a reputation beyond repute

what a joke when i see this first thing in the morning. If true, it makes my day .. but at the bottom of my heart i feel its false and we need to see DOS bulletin.

Lets wait and see the official one.
c) priority date and
d)location to i485.mailing.list@gmail.com .

Until Congress enacts legislation to eliminate backlogs, people who cannot file I485 will always be in limbo and at the mercy of endless H1B visa extensions and visa stamps. Join us and be a part of future IV initiatives to push USCIS to allow I485 filing without current PD.
Wiki

Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Compare
bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of
Default good news

proabably. But am so used to the bad news, and have been for years, that I feel a little numb.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Even if it is true...

my 140 is still pending with TSC for almost 4 months
I guess, i don't mind paying 1250 though

Old 01-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Likely a mistake??
Reason: It states that the data has been derived from the official bulletin and provide a link which takes u to the official USCIS website where there is NO february bulletin out yet!!! So if it is not out on the CIS website how can they publish it ahead??

Despite the strong possibility that this could be a mistake my mind still is clinging on the faint glimmer of hope.....that it could indeed be a miracle!!

Hope there is good news for EB3 folks too.
Here is the link to the Mumbai consulate posting Cut Off Dates- Consulate General of the United States Mumbai, India

Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute

What could be the numerical reason for EB2 becoming current in the middle of a year or for that matter middle of a quarter. Where could have all the numbers come from? our understanding was spillover happens at the end of the year or end of a quarter.

Last edited by kak1978; 01-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

It is most likely that the person who posted the VB from the Mumbai consulate was not aware of the previous mistakes the same consulate has done in the past. Instead of raising everyone's hope and dashing them, please stick to posting the official VB only from the State Dept.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/09/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute goel_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willigetgc? View Post
It is most likely that the person who posted the VB from the Mumbai consulate was not aware of the previous mistakes the same consulate has done in the past. Instead of raising everyone's hope and dashing them, please stick to posting the official VB only from the State Dept.
Agreed - there is no logical explanation of Eb2 being current although USCIS is like your wife - completely illogical.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goel_ar View Post
Agreed - there is no logical explanation of Eb2 being current although USCIS is like your wife - completely illogical.
Yes true no need for the emotional roller coaster with the green card.
BTW EB2 gets less than 1/3 of 140,000 for the entire year and then a country limit is applied to give only 2800 without spillover (which happens in September). We have 10-15000 applying every year in EB2 even in a bad economy.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute nmdial has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not Current

Visa Bulletin For February 2011

-Meet your local lawmakers
-Join your State's IV Chapter

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in immigration matters. The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its just out

Sorry.No change.

Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amenon is on a distinguished road
Default Incorrect

That was indeed incorrect. EB2 cut off is May 2006

Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Hungary
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute lfadgyas has a reputation beyond repute
Default http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5228.html

Old 01-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official bulletin out

As always official bulletin is out and EB2 India on May 08 2006 and EB 3 22FEB02

Old 01-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone should sue the hell out of mumbai consulate!!