Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to go back in India

Folks, there is thought that keeps coming to mind about where to go back in India when we finally plan to...

When we came in 2002 we did think that we will go back in a couple of years at the most....but it's been longer...we definately love it hear but think that should settle down in India rather for multiple reasons (mostly personal reasons)

I am from a small town in India and it is definately not a IT hub, my wife is from Mumbai and we think it is now too crowded (as always - or say to hectiv a life in Mumbai....

so then which is the best place to go ...Pune ? I hear that even that is very crowded and not to mention the sky rocketing real estate....

We have 2 kids...one 6 years and the younger one ...one year....
How is schooling back home ? I hear that the studies for the school there are much more difficult compared to here ? I mean can kids going from here cope up there in schools ?

I also hear that there are foreign schools....for which I might have to continue working here to pay the fees -

Thoughts friends ?

I am in the software industry (Business Inteligence)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
Lara007 is on a distinguished road

All the metros are crowded in India. Bangalore & Pune have more IT opportunities and have good schools.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about

Good question, but the answer would be purely based on what is your future plan. If you want to continue to work in the software industry then there are only few cities in the list. If you want to do business (which is my personal choice) then the choice would be totally different.

Seems you are thinking a lot about your kids education (obviously), please remember, those days when only metro city students are in the top ten list of board exam results are gone, if you check the recent years results you will notice that students from small town/ rural schools are doing great.

If you don't want to give a sudden drastic change to your 6 year old then stay in the metro city for a year or two and then move to your home town if you want. OR if your intension is to work in the software industry then metros are the best choice and fyi the market is very hot now.

All I can say is you are thinking in the right direction, good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_immigrant View Post
Folks, there is thought that keeps coming to mind about where to go back in India when we finally plan to...

When we came in 2002 we did think that we will go back in a couple of years at the most....but it's been longer...we definately love it hear but think that should settle down in India rather for multiple reasons (mostly personal reasons)

I am from a small town in India and it is definately not a IT hub, my wife is from Mumbai and we think it is now too crowded (as always - or say to hectiv a life in Mumbai....

so then which is the best place to go ...Pune ? I hear that even that is very crowded and not to mention the sky rocketing real estate....

How is schooling back home ? I hear that the studies for the school there are much more difficult compared to here ? I mean can kids going from here cope up there in schools ?

I also hear that there are foreign schools....for which I might have to continue working here to pay the fees -

Thoughts friends ?

I am not an attorney. Use it at your own risk.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice
Default What I did

I relocated 2 years ago after spending more than a decade in the US. My choice was my hometown (not a Metro) due to a number of reasons - one of them was availability of jobs in my area of interest/expertise (which is business/management).

From a quality of life (decent personal life beyond work, imho) perspective, tier B cities make sense. However, real estate prices are soaring everywhere. So, it is advisable to buy while you are still earning in Dollars - it worked out well in my case since I knew where I was going to settle.

As far as education is concerned, you also have schools with IB curriculum in addition to CBSE, ICSE and State boards - even in tier B cities. Pre-K is costly but again not out of reach for most. If kids are still young, they will be able to adjust much faster. IB is perceived to be less rigorous than other boards - but I believe kids should be able to cope up with whatever board you choose.

Overall, reality on the ground here much better than what we imagine sitting there.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

GG_007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_immigrant View Post

Thoughts friends ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute blacktongue has a reputation beyond repute

Indian farmer suicides rise to 17,000 a year - Yahoo! News

Sad shameful

Old 01-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kart2007 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara007 View Post
All the metros are crowded in India. Bangalore & Pune have more IT opportunities and have good schools.
I second that. Pune has great education and not as crowded as Bangalore, but you can't go wrong with either place.