Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Talking Imagine this

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrspassby View Post
I enjoyed both the original and follow-up. By the time, the lion gets the GC, he might have forgot he was a lion, and even after getting GC, he will continue to act like monkey.
the Lion on the monkey visa finding out another Indian (very, very aggravating factor) lion in next cage actually on lion visa and not on a monkey visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! phew! !!!!!!!!!!!! what a heartburn! threatening law suits, opening a new thread in IV. Generally threatening to bring down the zoo:

Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrspassby View Post
I enjoyed both the original and follow-up. By the time, the lion gets the GC, he might have forgot he was a lion, and even after getting GC, he will continue to act like monkey.
Here is what happened.

The lion got so fed up eating bananas everyday that he gathered lions from all other zoos and protested. He then used AC21 and went to a new zoo as a lion. All monkeys also interfiled and became lions.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal View Post
In a poor zoo of India, a lion was frustrated as he was offered not more than 1 kg meat a day. The lion thought its prayers were answered when one US Zoo Manager visited the zoo and requested the zoo management to shift the lion to the US Zoo.

The lion was so happy and started thinking of a central A/c environment, a goat or two every day and a US Green Card also.

On its first day after arrival, the lion was offered a big bag, sealed very nicely for breakfast. The lion opened it quickly but was shocked to see that it contained few bananas. Then the lion thought that may be they cared too much for him as they were worried about his stomach as he had recently shifted from India.

The next day the same thing happened. On the third day again the same food bag of bananas was delivered.

The lion was so furious, it stopped the delivery boy and blasted at him, 'Don't you know I am the lion... king of the Jungle..., what's wrong with your management?, what nonsense is this? Why are you delivering bananas to me?'

The delivery boy politely said, 'Sir, I know you are the king of the jungle but ..did you know that you have been brought here on a monkey's visa!!!

Moral: Better to be a Lion in India than a Monkey elsewhere!!!

If you are interested to lead this effort, you can lead a thread of jokes on the forum and lighten up everyone.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Full Circle

A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. An American tourist named Jon complimented the Mexican fisherman on the quality of His fish and asked how long it took him to catch them."Not very long," answered the Mexican.
"But then, why didn`t you stay out longer and catch more?" asked Jon.
The Mexican explained that His small catch was sufficient to meet His needs and those of His family.

Mr. Berg asked, "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"
"I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and spent quality time with my wife. In the evenings I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life."

Our intrepid Mr. Berg interrupted, "I have a M.B A. from Stanford and I can help you.You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat. With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers. Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New Jersey! From there you can direct your huge enterprise."

"How long would that take?" asked the Mexican.
"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years," replied Jon.
"And after that?"
"Afterwards? That`s when it gets really interesting," answered Jon, laughing. "When your business gets really big, you can start selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?"

"After that you`ll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, spend quality time with your wife, and spend your evenings drinking and playing the guitar with your friends!"

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07

Old 08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bilvaji and Laluji

COULD NOT RESIST THIS IS A FUNNY ONE FROM INDIA

There are hindi words used ......

Laloo Prasad sent his Bio Data - to apply for a post in Microsoft Corporation, USA.
A few days later he got this reply:

Dear Mr. Laloo Prasad,
You do not meet our requirements. Please do not send any further correspondence. No phone call shall be entertained.
Thanks
Bill Gates.

Laloo Prasad jumped with joy on receiving this reply.
He arranged a press conference :
"Bhaiyon aur Behno, aap ko jaan kar khushi hogee ki hum ko Amereeca mein naukri mil gayee hai."
Everyone was delighted.
Laloo prasad continued...... "Ab hum aap sab ko apnaa appointment Letter padkar sunaongaa ? par letter angreeze main hai - isliyen saath-saath Hindi main translate bhee karoonga.

Dear Mr. Laloo Prasad ----- Pyare Laloo prasad bhaiyya
You do not meet ----- aap to miltay hee naheen ho
our requirement ----- humko to zaroorat hai
Please do not send any furthur correspondance ----- ab Letter vetter bhejne ka kaouno zaroorat nahee.
No phone call ----- phoonwa ka bhee zaroorat nahee hai
shall be entertained ----- bahut khaatir kee jayegi.
Thanks ----- aapkaa bahut bahut dhanyavad.
Bill Gates. ---- Tohar Bilva.

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute

New alcohol warnings (from Toronto Board of Health):

1. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to wake up with a breath that could knock a buzzard off a wreaking dead animal that is one hundred yards away.

2. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like an idiot.

3. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell the same boring story over and over again until your friends want to assault you

4. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to thay shings like thish.

5. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell the boss what you really think of him.

6. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug burn on the forehead.

7. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, handsomer and smarter than some really, really big guy named Psycho Bob.

8. WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may cause sufficient brain damage to make you participate in this debate (Lawsuit against Interfiling/PD Porting).
Donated $200 (after receiving Green Card)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 08-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default interfiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
All monkeys also interfiled and became lions.
This is too funny ... monkeys interfiling and becoming Lions

Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTheMuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brain vs. brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal View Post
In a poor zoo of India, a lion was frustrated as he was offered not more than 1 kg meat a day. The lion thought its prayers were answered when one US Zoo Manager visited the zoo and requested the zoo management to shift the lion to the US Zoo.

The lion was so happy and started thinking of a central A/c environment, a goat or two every day and a US Green Card also.

On its first day after arrival, the lion was offered a big bag, sealed very nicely for breakfast. The lion opened it quickly but was shocked to see that it contained few bananas. Then the lion thought that may be they cared too much for him as they were worried about his stomach as he had recently shifted from India.

The next day the same thing happened. On the third day again the same food bag of bananas was delivered.

The lion was so furious, it stopped the delivery boy and blasted at him, 'Don't you know I am the lion... king of the Jungle..., what's wrong with your management?, what nonsense is this? Why are you delivering bananas to me?'

The delivery boy politely said, 'Sir, I know you are the king of the jungle but ..did you know that you have been brought here on a monkey's visa!!!

Moral: Better to be a Lion in India than a Monkey elsewhere!!!
If there is a contest for the best entry, this one gets my vote. But, there is a subtlety that seems to be missed here. Monkeys are mostly brain, whereas lions are all brawn (we are a lot closer to monkeys in our genetic makeup!). So, looking at it from that angle, and in the context of what we are trying to achieve here in US, who would we rather be
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future
Default its just visa filing category ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheMuck View Post
If there is a contest for the best entry, this one gets my vote. But, there is a subtlety that seems to be missed here. Monkeys are mostly brain, whereas lions are all brawn (we are a lot closer to monkeys in our genetic makeup!). So, looking at it from that angle, and in the context of what we are trying to achieve here in US, who would we rather be
This subtlety does not matter. From USCIS point of view, if you entered on Lion Visa you are a Lion, if you came in on Monkey visa you are a monkey. These visas are not based on your genetic makeup, but on the fact that under what category your zoo (employer) filed your visa. Otherwise how come monkeys interfiled and became Lion??

Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

I agree. I was not talking of the USCIS point of view, but our point of view (reflecting on the last line of the original post)
US Citizen Sep '14

Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/27/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future bkarnik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
This subtlety does not matter. From USCIS point of view, if you entered on Lion Visa you are a Lion, if you came in on Monkey visa you are a monkey. These visas are not based on your genetic makeup, but on the fact that under what category your zoo (employer) filed your visa. Otherwise how come monkeys interfiled and became Lion??
I worry about the poor Lion on a Monkey visa...in his anxiety to get a green card and finally be able to roar like a lion again he may also start to suffer from the COLTS disease...poor Lion on a Monkey visa suffering from COLTS!!

Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Talking

"It looks like the Senate and the president have finally agreed on an immigration bill. ... This one looks like it could become law and, of course, nobody likes it. The conservatives say the bill gives amnesty to the illegals. The liberals say it doesn't go far enough to protect the hardworking immigrants here in America. And the L.A.P.D. doesn't know who to beat up." --Bill Maher

"The liberals are saying that this guest worker program ... is really just a way to depress wages and create a permanent underclass of exploited labor. To which the president said, 'And the problem is?'" --Bill Maher

"President said in his speech that immigrants have to learn English. The immigrants said, 'Hey, you first.'" --Jay Leno

"President is down in Mexico right now. Again, I don't think President gets it. As soon as he stepped off Air Force Once, he looked around and said, 'Wow, you got a big problem with Mexican immigrants down here, too.'" --Jay Leno

Chapter Link

First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

Old 08-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about

The owner of this drug store walks in to find a guy leaning heavily against a wall.

"What's with that guy over there by the wall?" ask the owner

"Well, he came in here this morning to get something for his cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him an entire bottle of laxative." Replied the clerk.

"You idiot!" Yelled the owner" You can't treat a cough with a bottle of laxatives!"

"Of course you can!" replied the clerk, "Look at him; he's afraid to cough!"

I am not an attorney. Use it at your own risk.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about

Last edited by nogc_noproblem; 08-06-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: ..

Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

A man went into the proctologist's office for his first exam.

The doctor told him to have a seat. In the examination room and that he would be with him in just a few minutes. When the man sat down and began observing the tools he noticed there were three items on a stand next to the exam table.

A tube of K-Y jelly; A rubber glove; and A beer.

When the doctor finally came in the man said, "Look Doc, I'm a little confused. This is my first exam. I know what the K-Y is for, and I know what the glove is for, but can you tell me what the BEER is for?"

At that the doctor became noticeably outraged and stormed over to the the door. The doc flung the door open and yelled to his nurse.......

Dam it Helen! I said a BUTT LIGHT