Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default proof of address for OCI / PIO

The indian consulate needs a proof of address for me and my wife
We sent them the Property tax bill and hoped that it would work but get this mail from travisa

Proof Of Residence - Unacceptable
The proof of address received in your application is not acceptable for submission to the Indian Consulate. You must submit a proof of residence/address that matches the present address on the PIO application exactly. Photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), or major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) or a copy of a lease containing both the landlord and tenant signatures must be submitted. The following items are not accepted: cell phone bill, credit card statement or bank statement. The address cannot include a P.O. box. For minors, a parent or guardian proof of address from both parents may be submitted instead. You can fax the proof of address to Fax: (415) 644-0158. In addition, you also have the option of mailing a paper copy to the address below.

Now why does not a property tax not work ? it is issues by the county.

We do not have the current address on my wife's driver's license and her name is not there on the PGandE bill

Any suggestion ? or anyone had a similar issue ?

Thanks in advance !!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_immigrant View Post
We sent them the Property tax bill and hoped that it would work but get this mail from travisa

The proof of address received in your application is not acceptable for submission to the Indian Consulate. You must submit a proof of residence/address that matches the present address on the PIO application exactly. Photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), or major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) or a copy of a lease containing both the landlord and tenant signatures must be submitted. The following items are not accepted: cell phone bill, credit card statement or bank statement. The address cannot include a P.O. box. For minors, a parent or guardian proof of address from both parents may be submitted instead. You can fax the proof of address to Fax: (415) 644-0158. In addition, you also have the option of mailing a paper copy to the address below.

We do not have the current address on my wife's driver's license and her name is not there on the PGandE bill

Thanks in advance !!
Think about these...

You sent property tax bill, so I guess you own a home! Send the copy of first page of the "Deed", notarized.

1. Utility bill
2. USCIS AP if any
3. Phone bills (doubtful)

Send at least 3 different types or all possible documents you have if they ask for 1.

If nothing has her name, send yours + copy of your marriage certificate, notarized and explain the situation.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_immigrant View Post

Thanks in advance !!
Sorry abt. that. Send other documents to show proof of address. Interesting to know, they are not accepting "Property Tax Notice" as proof of address. I happened to send the "Property Tax Notice" too, as it includes my wife's name, but also included the Driver's license for us both and it got accepted. You will have to attach copy of your Immigration Document as well, if you have EAD/AP or any other Document with current address and your Driver's license, you should be okay. Try calling them to discuss, they are pretty good in answering phone.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default not a good exp so far

So I have sent them 2 applications
one for my daughter (add OCI to new passport) and one for my son (get new PIO)

All have same documents and so have sent proof of address for both the applications.

My son's got flagged for missing proof of address and so sent them the DL copy (mine, do not have wife's will try sending them the AP as you folks have mentioned, thanks !)

Intrestingly my daughter's got flagged for missing photo copies and have been charged $20 for 10 pages which by the way I am sure I had sent to them...

and now they are saying I have not sent the old passport that has the U visa.
Now this is a new requirement and was not there previously , before they were asking only for copy of old visa. I have a print out of the requirements from the day I filed.

Apparently, the indian consualte keeps chaing requirements every day is what I was told over the phone.
and reaching them seems to be a very painful wait 30 minutes to 1 hour at the least

So far I must say I am not impressed with thier service...but anyways why will they care

just venting out !!

Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hemaram is on a distinguished road
Default Address proof for my in-laws who live with us

Hi,

My in-laws live with us and they got their naturalization last month. We have applied for their passports and then would be applying for OCI card. OCI requires address proof. What documents can be provided for the address proof? They don't have drivers license, or have utility bills in their name. Can my driver license be used as address proof since they live with me?

Thanks for the help,
Hk

Old 06-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute howzatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemaram View Post
Hi,

My in-laws live with us and they got their naturalization last month. We have applied for their passports and then would be applying for OCI card. OCI requires address proof. What documents can be provided for the address proof? They don't have drivers license, or have utility bills in their name. Can my driver license be used as address proof since they live with me?

Thanks for the help,
Hk
They should be able to get a state ID from your state and the ID should suffice.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage