Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute
Default 150,000 entrepreneurs in US have returned to India!

150,000 entrepreneurs in US have returned to India! - Rediff.com Business
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

If you count the taxes these 150K legal immigrants would have paid if they were in US for a year it is more than 2.5 billion dollars.

There was a recent study claiming that 14 million illegal immigrants pay 1.5 billion dollars a year in taxes (read mostly sales taxes). And thus US should legalize these 14 million people to continue to get 1.5 billion dollars a year.

Now you can compare 150K people vs 14 million people and who pays more.
The study fails to tell that these illegals do not have insurance. So they use hospitals for free. They do not pay federal taxes because they do not have a valid documentation. Even if they are allowed to pay federal tax, many will be below poverty line.

The study did not envision an economic scenario for America if 14 million illegals are legalized. How many will claim unemployment, social security, medicare etc. I can bet the cost to government will be in billions with many zeroes after that. Someone should call the reporter and the pro illegals who created that study to answer these questions.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute GCVivek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nonsense

This is another fake story and push to try to get Congress to do something about easing immigration. 150K entrepreneurs have returned home. Really? I have not seen more than 100 Indian+Chinese NEW companies - worth their name - come up in the last at least 10 years. And about 5000 US firms that are making waves have come up in the US, 90% of which are started by born-Americans.
Moral: those that returned home were not entrepreneurs!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2011
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/26/2011
Compare
forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of forgerator has much to be proud of

The majority of people who return to their home countries do so due to family related reasons. America is still the land of opportunity and the best bet to earn big bucks.
2007 Oct - hold due to layoffs
2008 May - Prevailing Wage completed
2008 Oct - Complete Recruitment
2008 Nov - PERM filed
2009 May - PERM approved
2009 July - 140 Approved (waiting)
2010 Nov - new EB2 ROW app with same firm
2010 Dec - Prevailing Wage completed
2011 Feb - Complete Recruitment process
2011 Apr - PERM filed
2011 Jun - PERM approved
2011 Aug - 140/485 concurrently filed

2012 Jun - Greened !!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts anjans is infamous around these parts

Nice article here. It also compares the experience on how folks did once they went back. The needle is surely moving away from USA.

America is bleeding competitiveness | VentureBeat

Old 04-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjans View Post
Nice article here. It also compares the experience on how folks did once they went back. The needle is surely moving away from USA.

America is bleeding competitiveness | VentureBeat
How is this a "nice" or even a transparent / balanced opinion? It starts off -- "With anti-immigrant sentiment building across the nation, and clouds of nativism.."

Is he referring to Anti-immigrant, or anti-illegal immigration? I believe the latter. There is a difference. As a potential immigrant, who has had the opportunity to live and work in America 10 years and counting, I haven't experienced the least bit of anti-foreigner sentiments from the everyday American folk. All I want to say, is that I have been extended the opportunities, quite felt welcomed and feel truly blessed to have some met some of the nicest folks / friends, from my time living in this country. I grew up in a country where we never got to belong. You could be born, and live there to the day you die -- and you'd never get to belong. It's a whole lot different here in America. I truly hope some people express fair and balanced opinions, as opposed to writing with a hidden agenda.. and that's a shame.

Last edited by ryan; 04-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVivek View Post
This is another fake story and push to try to get Congress to do something about easing immigration. 150K entrepreneurs have returned home. Really? I have not seen more than 100 Indian+Chinese NEW companies - worth their name - come up in the last at least 10 years. And about 5000 US firms that are making waves have come up in the US, 90% of which are started by born-Americans.

"Entrepreneurs" doesn't mean to start a new company. they can just start a new business unit inside a big corporate. For example the google-maps is a new venture inside google. The guy who initiated the google-map idea is an entrepreneur.

Sometime 2 or 3 people join together and venture into one thing.

And there is a saying "95% of the businesses fail". So one cannot see all the companies started.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute mayhemt has a reputation beyond repute

If only their future was clear... they would have a tleast bought a house, if not start a business.
150 000 * 190 000 = 28 500 000 - Assuming 190K is median home price.
28.5 billion $ went unused.
This is just the real estate - not even counting other in-direct purchases, cars, furniture, other related services.

150 000 * 100 000 * (6%) = 900 000 000 : Assuming 100K is their annual salary, US lost earning 900 million $ in SS contributions.

May be we should show a factor to US Govt, each unused visa equals to XX unused economy dollars.

Homes purchases lost : 28 Billion
Social Security unearned: 900 Million
Effect of guy yelling "Tuk Yer Job": Priceless.
(If you watch South Park, you would understand the above...)

Life may not be a party But while we're here we might as well dance

Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCVivek View Post
Not fair, Mr. GC Vivek. Debunking based on personal outlook. Do you watch out for Indian start-ups for a living? I doubt. Start-ups are just start-ups. None will be famous, until years later, when some of them slowly start getting some success. Do you expect every 10 person company to get mention in timesofindia.com? HA! What you say above, is what is nonsense.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
Not fair, Mr. GC Vivek. Debunking based on personal outlook. Do you watch out for Indian start-ups for a living? I doubt. Start-ups are just start-ups. None will be famous, until years later, when some of them slowly start getting some success. Do you expect every 10 person company to get mention in timesofindia.com? HA! What you say above, is what is nonsense.
May be 10% might have become entrepreneurs...? Definitely not everyone has started a 10person or even 1 person company....People are doing good but they just work as programmers or so called project managers...you know its not a big deal to become a Project manager in India..

But 150K entrepreneurs...
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
May be 10% might have become entrepreneurs...? Definitely not everyone has started a 10person or even 1 person company....People are doing good but they just work as programmers or so called project managers...you know its not a big deal to become a Project manager in India..

I have not read that report completely, but ...

1. GC Vovek seems to say there was not a single person who left US to become an entrepreneur. This is not true 100% sure
2. The 150k might be spread over last 20 years, or 10 years at least, or ever since the backlogs became an issue. This means the figure drops to about 15k per year, which sounds much more plausible

The answer may well lie somewhere in between..

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post

The rate at which the economy in India is growing, that figure might not be incorrect. Do not underestimate what people can do, times are changing and changing fast, all i can say is, green card ke chakkar mein duniya aage nikal gayi.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Duke Uni/ Kaufman Foundation/ UC Berkeley Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb_newsletter View Post
"Entrepreneurs" doesn't mean to start a new company. they can just start a new business unit inside a big corporate. For example the google-maps is a new venture inside google. The guy who initiated the google-map idea is an entrepreneur.

Sometime 2 or 3 people join together and venture into one thing.

And there is a saying "95% of the businesses fail". So one cannot see all the companies started.
---
Thriving economy lures NRIs back to India - The Economic Times

Old 05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
If you count the taxes these 150K legal immigrants would have paid if they were in US for a year it is more than 2.5 billion dollars.

There was a recent study claiming that 14 million illegal immigrants pay 1.5 billion dollars a year in taxes (read mostly sales taxes). And thus US should legalize these 14 million people to continue to get 1.5 billion dollars a year.

Now you can compare 150K people vs 14 million people and who pays more.
The study fails to tell that these illegals do not have insurance. So they use hospitals for free. They do not pay federal taxes because they do not have a valid documentation. Even if they are allowed to pay federal tax, many will be below poverty line.

The study did not envision an economic scenario for America if 14 million illegals are legalized. How many will claim unemployment, social security, medicare etc. I can bet the cost to government will be in billions with many zeroes after that. Someone should call the reporter and the pro illegals who created that study to answer these questions.
It is possible for undocumented to pay teh federal and state taxes. They generally usea fake ssn and once the payroll is run taxes get sent to IRS.