Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute voicerj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transit visa required or not for Travelers on AP or any Visa like H1

Note: Moderators can you please make this sticky.

This thread will serve a helpful link for people who are on AP/EAD or any other Non-immigrant visa like H1-B or L1-B. Please contribute your experiences at different airports.

Airline - Lufthansa
Country of transfer - Frankfurt airport
Status of traveler - AP
Transit visa required - NO
Date traveled - June 7th, 2011

Airline -
Country of transfer - Paris
Status of traveler - AP
Transit visa required - YES
Date traveled -

Last edited by voicerj; 06-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dj9533 is on a distinguished road

Via Paris Transit Visa is required if travelling on AP

Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of iluvcric has much to be proud of
Default Frankfurt

I am confused on Lufthansa thru Frankfurt travel. I came to know recently that Frankfurt needs transit visa for AP holders. To confirm, I have sent a mail to Germany embassy and here is what they replied.

"Yes, you do need airport transit visa if you are holding a valid advance parole, thanks"

Here is some other countries, you don't need transit visa.

Brussels - No
Dubai - No
Abu Dhabhi - No
Amsterdam - No

Some countries that need Transit visa
London - Yes
Paris - Yes

Last edited by iluvcric; 06-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/02/2007
Compare
visagm is on a distinguished road

I just called Lufthansa and they replied there was no need of getting Transit Visa since there is no requirement to go out of airport. However the information in consulate has different information. Please see the link below. It seems to be a requirement for AP (only) holders!
German Missions in the United States - Airport Transit

Old 06-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicerj View Post
Note: Moderators can you please make this sticky.

This thread will serve a helpful link for people who are on AP/EAD or any other Non-immigrant visa like H1-B or L1-B. Please contribute your experiences at different airports.

Airline - Lufthansa
Country of transfer - Frankfurt airport
Status of traveler - AP
Transit visa required - NO
Date traveled - June 7th, 2011

Airline -
Country of transfer - Paris
Status of traveler - AP
Transit visa required - YES
Date traveled -

Good start but there is no need to include Airline. Transit visa requirements are imposed by respective country . Airline has no say

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Question Airport Transit Visa through Paris? - Guidance needed please

I am on a H1B and will be travelling through Paris to India later this month. I will not be exiting the airport and will stay at the gate waiting for my flight to India for about 4 hours. I have a valid I797 but do not have a corresponding stamping on my passport. On the french consulate site it is mentioned that for this scenario I need to get a Airport Transit Visa. So, I went to Boston on Friday to get the stamping and they told that I don't need a Airport Transit Visa as I have a valid I797. I referred the consulate officer back to the site and she said that is incorrect and they won't give me a Airport Transit Visa as my I797 paper is good enough. I am thoroughly confused. Has any one had a recent experience with the above mentioned scenario travelling via Paris. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodindia View Post
I am on a H1B and will be travelling through Paris to India later this month. I will not be exiting the airport and will stay at the gate waiting for my flight to India for about 4 hours. I have a valid I797 but do not have a corresponding stamping on my passport. On the french consulate site it is mentioned that for this scenario I need to get a Airport Transit Visa. So, I went to Boston on Friday to get the stamping and they told that I don't need a Airport Transit Visa as I have a valid I797. I referred the consulate officer back to the site and she said that is incorrect and they won't give me a Airport Transit Visa as my I797 paper is good enough. I am thoroughly confused. Has any one had a recent experience with the above mentioned scenario travelling via Paris. Any help would be appreciated.
Just went via Paris this week. I have AP. I travelled Cincinnati>Paris>Bangalore
I did NOT require any transit visa. The same will apply to you as well. You do NOT leave the international terminal zone while transferring terminals for India (stay within terminal 2E, 2C, 2G, 2B, 2A etc). I do not know if you require a visa for destinations other than India because I'm not sure if you need to change to terminals that are outside of security.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

How about on British airways? via LHR. No airport change.

My h1b is expired and I have AP. (I also plan to go for stamping in India).
My wife's H4 is still valid.

Thanks.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post
How about on British airways? via LHR. No airport change.

My h1b is expired and I have AP. (I also plan to go for stamping in India).
My wife's H4 is still valid.

Thanks.
Why would you go for stamping to India ? I see you are already AOS and using AP for travel. Your H1-B is no longer valid anyway - just curious.

For LHR I dont have any idea so i will let someone who has travelled respond.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is not on AOS. I don't plan to use AP. And will get h1b stamped.

Can someone answer the question? thx

Old 11-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute njverifier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post
My wife is not on AOS. I don't plan to use AP. And will get h1b stamped.

Can someone answer the question? thx
Traveling via London needs a Visa to US. So you cannot travel via London while you don't have a visa. Do not rely on the forums or travel agents about the transit visa call up the airlines directly to find out the correct information.

Why are you planning to get H1 stamping? H1 is a big hassle these days even with all proper documentation and if you are in consulting then US consulate will take you for a big ride.

Traveling on AP does not affect H1B validity. You can travel back to US on AP and join back your employer on H1. I've done it in the past(in 2008) and I am still on H1, just got my H1 extension for 7th year couple of months ago. Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute vinodindia has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswaminathan View Post
Just went via Paris this week. I have AP. I travelled Cincinnati>Paris>Bangalore
I did NOT require any transit visa. The same will apply to you as well. You do NOT leave the international terminal zone while transferring terminals for India (stay within terminal 2E, 2C, 2G, 2B, 2A etc). I do not know if you require a visa for destinations other than India because I'm not sure if you need to change to terminals that are outside of security.
Thanks for this information. This is quite helpful.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
aperregatturv is on a distinguished road

I am traveling on Nov 10th on Lufthansa New York>Frankfurt>Bangalore
and i read all the post about transit visa and i called Germany embassy they said you need Transit visa.
So, i went online i took an visa appointment for Tuesday 11-1130am today and went there around 1015am. there were only 2 people went to the counter gave all the required papers and paid $85 for visa fee(cash) and got the transit visa stamped in 20 minutes. I was out of that place in 45mins with visa stamped. I have a approved AP and expired H1 and working on EAD.
If you are planning on going via Germany. I would suggest go for it with Visa and they will give the visa same or within 30 mins like they gave me.

Good Luck.
Arun

Old 11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperregatturv View Post
I am traveling on Nov 10th on Lufthansa New York>Frankfurt>Bangalore
and i read all the post about transit visa and i called Germany embassy they said you need Transit visa.
So, i went online i took an visa appointment for Tuesday 11-1130am today and went there around 1015am. there were only 2 people went to the counter gave all the required papers and paid $85 for visa fee(cash) and got the transit visa stamped in 20 minutes. I was out of that place in 45mins with visa stamped. I have a approved AP and expired H1 and working on EAD.
If you are planning on going via Germany. I would suggest go for it with Visa and they will give the visa same or within 30 mins like they gave me.

Good Luck.
Arun
$85? Wow...the German transit visa was $12 back in 2004 when I got it. Looks like everyone's making hay while the retrogression sun shines.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 11-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
$85? Wow...the German transit visa was $12 back in 2004 when I got it. Looks like everyone's making hay while the retrogression sun shines.

LOL... can not resist ... retrogression sun shinies .. good one.