Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Compare
CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anybody have (Reliable)IPTV for Indian channels?

Hi,
My parents are going to visit me next month and I want to get some Indian channels for their entertainment. I know there is a thread that was posted previously and I am wondering if there are any new promising things on the market.
As I am looking for Telugu and possibly Hindi channels I see that there are none which offer those choices which are good.
I heard about RelaibleIPTV for telugu channels but I am not sure about their quality. Does anybody have RelaibleIPTV and how was your experience?
I live in an apartment so DISH IPTV is out of the question and local cable companies dont offer many southasian channels.
Any recommendations of alternative options will be great.

Thanks in Advance
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of

I have Reliable IPTV. Quality is very good. Very occasionally buffer. I think they dont have any hindi package.
Then please send an email to ivcoordinator@gmail.com with subject - "I485 filing without current PD - Impacted Member". Include your 1) IV username 2) Email address 3) Ph#, 4) State of Residence so that grassroot efforts can be coordinated. Please refer to the first post on the thread and use the flier,talk to your friends/colleagues to spread the message.We need all members to get involved.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute kate123 has a reputation beyond repute

we recently watched channels on reliable tv at one of my friends place and it is excellent...
my friend recommended streaming internet through wired connection instead of wireless... also purchase a roku xds, if possible...
I 485 Applied on: Yet to Apply..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/
Contributed 200$
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not consider this as a legal advice.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliHoneB View Post
Hi,
My parents are going to visit me next month and I want to get some Indian channels for their entertainment. I know there is a thread that was posted previously and I am wondering if there are any new promising things on the market.
As I am looking for Telugu and possibly Hindi channels I see that there are none which offer those choices which are good.
I heard about RelaibleIPTV for telugu channels but I am not sure about their quality. Does anybody have RelaibleIPTV and how was your experience?
I live in an apartment so DISH IPTV is out of the question and local cable companies dont offer many southasian channels.

Thanks in Advance
Buy a ROKU box for 50 $ and get YUPP TV subscription and you should be good to go. The point to remember is that you need a good internet connection for ROKU box to work with, FIOS is best, comcast broad band is good too, but DSL or dial up will not work

Old 06-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

There is One WatchIndia.TV . I am not using it. But my friends says it is good.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold

Get Roku and the get Watch Live Indian TV Channels Online With High Quality package for the languages you want. I have hooked up Roku to my TV and super happy with the roku/yupptv combination.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold venkspr is a splendid one to behold

Check out their portal. They have all the channels listed.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2012
Compare
GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute GCFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance
I have roku + Verizon FIOS + ReliableIP TV

Quality is okay not so bad and not so great. I do get "buffering..." message once in a while. Recently they stopped Gemini TV Movies and giving Maa movies; Rest of the channels are okay.

If you have a samsung LCD/LED tv with internet connection you can try Samsung YUPPTV application. There are lot of channels available thru samsung applications (no need of roku player). I heard you can see similar applications on Sony TV too.

Yupp tv archives are free using Samsung TV application; you can watch old stuff.

Contributed to April 2011 Advocacy Day W.DC

Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Compare
CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate it.

Cheers

Old 06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Watchindia.tv earlier. Quality very good. Customer Service very good. The only thing that I do not like is , the company is based in Cypres and you need to send your credit card number. I think it makes sense to use a pre-paid card for this (and keep loading just the monthly billing amount).

Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Compare
Default Sony

It is interesting! I have sony Blueray player and I specifically bought it for netflix instead of Roku but yupptv doesn't support Sony devices (yet!) so I may have to buy Roku after all if not hookup my desk top hdmi cable to TV

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFrenzy View Post
I have roku + Verizon FIOS + ReliableIP TV

Quality is okay not so bad and not so great. I do get "buffering..." message once in a while. Recently they stopped Gemini TV Movies and giving Maa movies; Rest of the channels are okay.

If you have a samsung LCD/LED tv with internet connection you can try Samsung YUPPTV application. There are lot of channels available thru samsung applications (no need of roku player). I heard you can see similar applications on Sony TV too.

Yupp tv archives are free using Samsung TV application; you can watch old stuff.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts EBX-Man is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboysam View Post
Does Yupp tv has Hindi channels ?
Hindi, Tamil and Telugu

Old 06-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light
Default Channellive.TV

I use ChannelLive.TV for the past coupla years, best quality go for it.
I-140 - Approved (applied Apr 5th 2007)
I-765 - Approved (10/02/2007)
I-131 - Approved (11/08/2007)
FP Notice - 11/20/2007
I-485 - Pending in TSC (applied July 2007)

===== "Good examples have twice the value of good advice" =====

Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2012
Compare
bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute bandoayan has a reputation beyond repute

I have been using the TV Box provided by WatchIndia.tv, the quality is reasonably good but sometimes there is buffering. Moreover I get several Bangali channels which I do not get with any other service. For payment I use Paypal instead of giving them my credit card details.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute PrinceVA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance
I am using JADOO tv. I have seen the whole world cup live on Jadoo tv and seems like total "PAISA VASOOL" thingi. Quality is not high but I am using LED with 8M:1 ratio TV, which makes it watchable from 5 feet distance. Running on Wireless DSL (comcast).

We have some issues during the month of april & may, and thought they have stopped the services, but from last 2-3 weeks it is also running fine. getting many channels. buffering is there in some channels but not that bad for one time 160$ tool.
If you are looking for GOOD QUALITY, try other stuff.. small 1 time unit for 160$ but not guaranted of the time till it will keep on supporting.
Anyone else using JADOO tv ?

Closed Thread