Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute gauravster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Praying != Faith

seems funny that we are suddenly discussing God in this topic. But Any of the arguments presented here definitely do not prove that God does not exist.

As for praying. If merely praying would result in me getting results why should I even pray to get a GC, I would rather just pray that I never have to work and get all the needs of this life fulfilled without any effort. Why do I even care about a GC. And everyone would have started doing that.

The idea is never that of praying but of faith. Believers can give you millions of cases when their faith resulted in a favorable result. Almost all religions alo say that the first step towards having faith is to perform your duties as well as you can. Without this, there is no point of praying. Coming to religions, most also have ways of redemption but there is no way to redeem for acts in the future as you are expected to do your best.

You may or may not have faith in God, but logically it is difficult to argue one way or the other. There is a reason why even the greatest of all philosophers have not been able to come to a conclusion.

To each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadeveloper View Post
a 20 year old girl had injuries because of acid attack on her and she was in hospital praying god to save her life.But she died finally(http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/01/stor...0150460100.htm).

If god exists , he/she should listen the prayers and save people.

This is just one example.There are millions of incidents which proves that GOD doesn't exist.

It's just out belief that GOD will do some good for us.

problem is that if we believe in GOD , we'll start living with false hopes.

No Hope is better than false HOPE
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

When shastras were written, it was estimated that the world population is 32 million (I think its 8 million) or whatever that number is. Like when you say Namsate, it means "the God in me Salutes the God in you". As per shastras, god exists in every human being. So thats why that million number. It doesn't mean that there are 30 million gods, which is the litteral meaning of the text. Writings from olden times is just someone's interpertation of what they "understood" about God. Its NOT the final word. Human understanding of the nature and our surroundings have gotten better over thousands of years. Just like, we know how to cook food instead of eating raw meat. Wouldn't it make sense for the religions to EVOLVE, as we learn new things? But the "protector of religion" wants us to continue to live at the knowledge level of humans who existed thousands of years back, its just like asking us to eat raw meat. Will you eat raw meat just because our ansestors used to eat raw meat. If not, then why follow the same believes, haven't we learned anything new about God in the last thousand years. We all must be really poor intellectually to not leanr anything more about our creator in last thousand years. Maybe we should pity ourselves and get back to following the our same old religion.

Quote:
2.As per Hindu shastra there 30 Million Gods+some(or one) for Christians+some(or one) for Muslims+few more for different people -- who is correct GOD here and whom should we follow.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of

Quote:
answers my questions if you can

Other things we are blessed with are because nature.Don't say who created nature -- nature created nature which is created by nature and so on...
You are absolutely right, It’s nature and as you said and I quote “nature created nature which is created by nature and so on...”

And for some people to which you call “nature” they call it “God”

Just different terminology, they do the prayer of nature (for some its God) and they never judge the acts of nature (God).
PD:- 09/2004 (TSC -> NSC)
I140:- RD 06/2006/Approved 06/2006
I485:-RD-07-02-2007/ND-08/17/2007
I485 Approved:-??

Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravster View Post
seems funny that we are suddenly discussing God in this topic. But Any of the arguments presented here definitely do not prove that God does not exist.

As for praying. If merely praying would result in me getting results why should I even pray to get a GC, I would rather just pray that I never have to work and get all the needs of this life fulfilled without any effort. Why do I even care about a GC. And everyone would have started doing that.

The idea is never that of praying but of faith. Believers can give you millions of cases when their faith resulted in a favorable result. Almost all religions alo say that the first step towards having faith is to perform your duties as well as you can. Without this, there is no point of praying. Coming to religions, most also have ways of redemption but there is no way to redeem for acts in the future as you are expected to do your best.

You may or may not have faith in God, but logically it is difficult to argue one way or the other. There is a reason why even the greatest of all philosophers have not been able to come to a conclusion.

To each his own.
I know how prayer looks/sounds like.May I know how faith looks/sounds like? Or any links ?

You mean to say that girl(one I mentioned in one of my previous posts) died because she lacks faith in god even though she prayed GOD.

My conclusion:
I don't care if GOD exists or not.I'll believe If I feel his/her presence.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I prayed god to get my GC before 2008.If God really exists I'll get my GC in 2008.If not it's a proof that God doesn't exists.

I'll have to wait for few more hours to prove.
I prayed to God to make Wednesday as Saturday and Saturday as Wednesday for the whole world. But that did not happen. So do you think it proves God does not exist?

I do not think God really cares about a piece of plastic or for any man made issues. Man needs to handle his issues himself.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skd View Post
You are absolutely right, It’s nature and as you said and I quote “nature created nature which is created by nature and so on...”

And for some people to which you call “nature” they call it “God”

Just different terminology, they do the prayer of nature (for some its God) and they never judge the acts of nature (God).
I feel comfortable with these words "Nature Bless everyone" ,Not with the words like "God Bless everyone".

May be As a Hindu I'll start visualizing Shiva/Vishnu/brahma/Rama/Krishna etc.. when someone says "GOD" .For Christians they may start visualizing Jesus and Allah for Muslims.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
I prayed to God to make Wednesday as Saturday and Saturday as Wednesday for the whole world. But that did not happen. So do you think it proves God does not exist?

I do not think God really cares about a piece of plastic or for any man made issues. Man needs to handle his issues himself.
I was just trying mention what a common expects from a GOD(If he/she really exists).Later we came to a conclusion that there is nothing like GOD it's only the Nature that exists

Old 12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of
Default Ok

Nature (god) Bless You and Everyone.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default That's your conclusion

Quote:
I was just trying mention what a common expects from a GOD(If he/she really exists).Later we came to a conclusion that there is nothing like GOD it's only the Nature that exists
That's your conclusion , You are comfortable with word "nature" Some like to call it "god" , Some like to call "Bhagwan" Some like to call it "Jesus" Some like to call it "Allah", Some "Buddha", Some "Guru nanak"

Same goal different Name

Old 12-31-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
I feel comfortable with these words "Nature Bless everyone" ,Not with the words like "God Bless everyone".

May be As a Hindu I'll start visualizing Shiva/Vishnu/brahma/Rama/Krishna etc.. when someone says "GOD" .For Christians they may start visualizing Jesus and Allah for Muslims.
Here are the Google's Image search results for

nature(http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2)

god(http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2)

Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
That's your conclusion , You are comfortable with word "nature" Some like to call it "god" , Some like to call "Bhagwan" Some like to call it "Jesus" Some like to call it "Allah", Some "Buddha", Some "Guru nanak"

Same goal different Name
OK my conclusion:nature exists but not GOD.

For you
it's nature = GOD
I mean
nature = Rama/Krishna etc..(If you are a Hindu)
nature = Jesus(If you are a christian)
nature = Allah(If you are a Muslim)

Old 12-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all
Default "Ridiculous" is not sufficient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing View Post
Please ignore if it has already been posted. This article looks interesting considering the current economic and immigration situation

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
This is absolutely ridiculous! What would Canada want to do with those northern states anyways?

But seriously - this is just random ramblings being lapped up as sensational news in the Russian state media (even if that were true)!
FP: Jan 15, 2008
FP & NC: Cleared Aug 2008
RFE Apr 2009 (responded Apr 2009)
CPO: Sep 10, 2009
Approval notice: Sep 14, 2009 (in the mail)

Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Smile Both are Same ( Just a different term)

Quote:
OK my conclusion:nature exists but not GOD.

For you
it's nature = GOD
I mean
nature = Rama/Krishna etc..(If you are a Hindu)
nature = Jesus(If you are a christian)
nature = Allah(If you are a Muslim)
Both are Same ( Just a different term).
What ever makes you happy believe that.
Some People believes in term "God" and Some believe in term "Nature"

World is big enough So that both "nature" and "god" words can co-exists.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Both are Same ( Just a different term).
What ever makes you happy believe that.
Some People believes in term "God" and Some believe in term "Nature"

World is big enough So that both "nature" and "god" words can co-exists.
OK.What you visualize when someone says God or when you do prayers to god?.Just curious...

Old 12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Same as what to visualize

Quote:
OK.What you visualize when someone says God or when you do prayers to god?.Just curious...
As you Said God means different to different religions followers like for Christian God means "Jesus" Hindu God means "Shiva/Vishnu/Bramha ..." for Muslim "Allah" , But the Word is Still the "God".

For them "God" is the one that has created this world , for you its nature that has created this world.

Same as what to visualize , when you say "nature" creates "nature" . I visualize the nature/god that can create all these "Nature" things.