Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsal View Post
is the first website for the state of CA (AFAIR). It was started in 1995 or so. There are some negative things associated with CL, but it is a great resource for the general public. An example, in 2004, I had to sell an old car. Using CL, I sold it in a day (within 24 hours).

Additionally, dice.com is also a good resource for jobs (temp as well as perm)
I second that. craigslist is awesome.
And the jobs posted there are all nice and proper, unlike some of hte items for sale, because craigslist charges for job posting ($75 I believe). IN fact the only way craigslist makes money is by charging for job postings and that alone has kept it profitable!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future amsgc has a brilliant future

I am wondering if there could be an ADMINISTRATIVE FIX to do away with this requirement? This will certainly help a lot of people in this economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
unless he gets an RFE out of the blue asking for an employment verification letter, with a 30 day turnaround time. Then he does need to worry about his immigration status too.
485 pending means having a same/similar job offer ready at all times.

$$$ Contributions:
$560 in one time contributions

Old 01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

For once, I am actually glad about the EB backlogs. The more retrogressed my date is, the less chance that the USCIS will raise any RFE.
Having said that, I dont want to be waiting around for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
unless he gets an RFE out of the blue asking for an employment verification letter, with a 30 day turnaround time. Then he does need to worry about his immigration status too.
485 pending means having a same/similar job offer ready at all times.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
ivdude has a spectacular aura about ivdude has a spectacular aura about ivdude has a spectacular aura about
Default kitlist

try this one too
KITlist-Tech@yahoogroups.com, it was helpful to me couple of years ago