Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
The point is, they are all the crooks, all of them. And all of them agree that there is 1 God and thats their God. So before doing anything everyone has to fight. Don't blame me for this, that's how it has always been, and that's how it always will be, till the time you follow and pass on this communicable disease called "organized religion".
But why does it make them crooks? God is as you see it. If you are Christian, you'll talk about Jesus, if you are Hindu you probably believe in some other saint or do some idol worship. The important point is you need something to believe in especially if you are going through a crisis. You religion helps you give that solace.I believe strongly in a religious order. Nothing wrong with that.

e.g: I am Hindu but I am not at all offended by Christians spreading Christianity but sure I want to kill every terrorist who terrorizes in the name of religion!

If you are forcibly convert or kill in the name of religion, then there is something fundamentally flawed with your religion because defeats the whole purpose of having a religion, which is to bring peace.
I think these preachers are like salesmen. you believe in your product you sell it. I don't think they are doing anything wrong and I don't think they are crooks.

Last edited by xyzgc; 02-02-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousername View Post
Your call bro..

Yes he says that at the end of each broadcast, which obviously I don't appreciate but hey the good news is that he is not forcing anything on me. It is my wish. I have a brain and I control it. I decide what I want and what I want to block.

Even if he is an actor, which I really don't care about then also I learn something good from his acting and if I have to listen to his closing lines then be it.. (which I don't, bcos I change the channel ) because at the end I am learning something for FREE

God bless you.. your or mine, doesn't make a difference.
BTW, I must say, I haven't seen lot of people who listen to him so closely that they remember his closing lines so clearly.. Good job
I don't think they are actors I think they are marketing folks. I think you should market your product if you believe in it.
Nothing wrong with that. And you should compare your product with a competitor's product instead of believing your product is the best around. That is the key to improvement.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold
Default Pmp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzgc View Post
I don't think they are actors I think they are marketing folks. I think you should market your product if you believe in it.
Nothing wrong with that. And you should compare your product with a competitor's product instead of believing your product is the best around. That is the key to improvement.
If this would be football, I would have used terms like "touchdown", 'Rick Favre", "John Madden", "foul", "Bruce Springsteen", maybe not Bruce Springsteen.

"Marketing", "product", "competitor", "key to improvement" - sounds like someone fresh from PMP training. Just so that you know, we are talking about "God", its not a "project" which will produce the desired result at the end of allocated time and budget.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare

Quote:
If this would be football, I would have used terms like "touchdown", 'Rick Favre", "John Madden", "foul", "Bruce Springsteen", maybe not Bruce Springsteen.

"Marketing", "product", "competitor", "key to improvement" - sounds like someone fresh from PMP training. Just so that you know, we are talking about "God", its not a "project" which will produce the desired result at the end of allocated time and budget.
God is a perceived notion. The same principles apply everywhere.
You found lot of Dalits in India converting because they were fed with up with casteism. You can't stop people from embracing other religious beliefs if they get persecuted in the name of it.
Its exactly like a enterprise class product. If you are unhappy with the quality, you switch to a better product. Rather you should.
Hinduism forbids people eating cows. I think you should eat everything if you can digest it (I am a complete vegetarian for health reasons). Christianity doesn't forbid you to eat anything. I love that.
Also, I hate caste-ism which is so entrenched in Hinduism.

I think you should have more modern religions coming out - each an improvement over the predecessor. I think lot of older religions are out of date. Islam is the biggest example and islamic fanatics are the biggest fools around.

Last edited by xyzgc; 02-02-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
But why does it make them crooks? God is as you see it. If you are Christian, you'll talk about Jesus, if you are Hindu you probably believe in some other saint or do some idol worship. The important point is you need something to believe in especially if you are going through a crisis. You religion helps you give that solace.I believe strongly in a religious order. Nothing wrong with that.

e.g: I am Hindu but I am not at all offended by Christians spreading Christianity but sure I want to kill every terrorist who terrorizes in the name of religion!

If you are forcibly convert or kill in the name of religion, then there is something fundamentally flawed with your religion because defeats the whole purpose of having a religion, which is to bring peace.
I think these preachers are like salesmen. you believe in your product you sell it. I don't think they are doing anything wrong and I don't think they are crooks.
First of all, I am not converting or killing in the name of religion

Secondly, I am not saying that Christians are crooks. I am saying that anyone following any organized religion is either a fool or a crook. If you follow any organized religion, whether it is hinduism or islam, you are a damn fool. Your priest or imam is a crook. Its that simple. Why they are crook and not salesman? Because priest or imam or pastor do not believe in their product that's why they have to do to sales pitch. If there were to believe the iron of their "product", no salesmanship will be necessary. These guys want others to buy their "product" but they do not "believe"/follow what they preach. They know their "product" is broken, but then are knowingly selling the broken "product". This behavior makes them crooks.

Thirdly, the purpose of religion is not "to bring peace", the purpose of religion is to control your mind and actions so that you conform to the wishes of your priest or king. The purpose of religion is to scare you from "God" so that you become a good boy and you do exactly as your priest tells you to do, without asking any question.

Religion has nothing to do with peace or God.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

Last edited by sanju; 02-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare

Quote:
First of all, I am not converting or killing in the name of religion

Secondly, I am not saying that Christians are crooks. I am saying that anyone following any organized religion is either a fool or a crook. If you follow any organized religion, whether it is hinduism or islam, you are a damn fool. Your priest or imam is a crook. Its that simple. Why they are crook and not salesman? Because priest or imam or pastor do not believe in their product that's why they have to do to sales pitch. If there were to believe the iron of their "product", no salesmanship will be necessary. These guys want others to buy their "product" but they do not "believe"/follow what they preach. They know their "product" is broken, but then are knowingly selling the broken "product". This behavior makes them crooks.

Thirdly, the purpose of religion is not "to bring peace", the purpose of religion is to control your mind and actions so that you conform to the wishes of your priest or king. The purpose of religion is to scare you from "God" so that you become a good boy and you do exactly as your priest tells you to do, without asking any question.

Religion has nothing to do with peace or God.
I see your point of view. But all religious heads are not crooks. Is Pope a crook? There are always the good and the bad and no, you don't have to do what the religious head tells you. You can and should question him. Otherwise, one will go to the extremes like killing infidels. Its absurd.

I disagree, however, that marketing is not necessary. Religious marketing stems from a strong belief in the intrinsic strength of your religious beliefs. Its like pointing out what your religion has to offer. You won't get followers otherwise because they will not know what your religion is all about.
Unfortunately, what's happening is that all of us are tied to our religion from the birth. That's ridiculous. I think we should switch if we don't believe in it. I am a Hindu (by birth) but I don't like lot of things Hinduism offers. I really wouldn't bind myself to it. I believe in a saint and the saint professed himself neither Hindu nor Muslim. He had the following of both. I follow the saint and his teachings.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare

Quote:
Unfortunately, what's happening is that all of us are tied to our religion from the birth. That's ridiculous. I think we should switch if we don't believe in it. I am a Hindu (by birth) but I don't like lot of things Hinduism offers. I really wouldn't bind myself to it. I believe in a saint and the saint professed himself neither Hindu nor Muslim. He had the following of both. I follow the saint and his teachings.
So you worship the finger which is pointing towards the "God", instead of the God. The saint, if that is a true saint, will not claim to be the decedent from the family of God. And that saint will most likely point you to the really "God". But you are saying that you follow the finger of the saint pointing towards the God, instead of the "God".

And you believe that whatever religious persuasion you believe is "right" and all others are false. So what is the difference between the way you practice religion and the way others practice their religion. You see, we are all in this rat race, where each one of us is trying to somehow "prove" that "my belief system is perfect". And everyone will tell you the exact same thing because anyone following any organized religion is taught and groomed to think like this. The problem is - Religion is the biggest hoax of the mankind.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
And who are you, godless communist? Just wait and you will see that thrown at you. Or maybe someone will say - evil exist out there and you have been deceived by the evil and that's why you are saying bad things about "God". They will not say that you are saying bad things about their belief system, they will say you are saying bad things about "The God".

Some people are ignorant because they did not go to school, and there are those who are who are ignorant because they did go to school.

ha ha ha, If you think that has not been thrown at me before, think again.

I wouldn't have written that if i cared about those dumb/weak folks who are always scared, and need support of super power during difficult times, those who do not have courage to fight their own problems by keeping their common sense alive and instead start praying. And it's out of question for me to care about those non-humans who pray to remove/minimise their sins (why do you do you bad things in the first place). If you believe in God, just be good, you don't have pray or submit to him.

God Bless You

Last edited by EB3_SEP04; 02-03-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default good

really appreciate the fact you have an open mind to listen to joel osteen's message. he presents the gospel in a simple way. the gospel is "for god so loved the world that he gave his son to die for our sins that who ever believes in him shall not die but have eternal life". Like you rightly said nobody is under compulsion to accept that calling, but it's free call for all to accept.
just to share few more details, the bible says Jesus Christ came to this earth to die as a sacrifice for our sins, and so through that sacrifice we might be forgiven, and given eternal life. and Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. It's the duty of every believer of christ that this gospel must be shared with the rest of the world. Because the bible says Jesus Christ will come again not to die once more as a sacrifice, but to judge mankind for their sins. Everybody who was given the opportunity to hear the gospel will be held accountable for their choices. According to the bible, Salvation is a free gift from God to everybody, and not something that can be earned through our own efforts. No amount of penance, self-inflicted wounds, bribing, charity, etc is going to earn salvation. there are many great people that came to this world who said 'Follow this or Follow that", but only one said "Follow Me", and that's Jesus.
so I wouldn't consider it a bad idea to give some thoughts to the closing statements also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nousername View Post
Your call bro..

Yes he says that at the end of each broadcast, which obviously I don't appreciate but hey the good news is that he is not forcing anything on me. It is my wish. I have a brain and I control it. I decide what I want and what I want to block.

Even if he is an actor, which I really don't care about then also I learn something good from his acting and if I have to listen to his closing lines then be it.. (which I don't, bcos I change the channel ) because at the end I am learning something for FREE

God bless you.. your or mine, doesn't make a difference.
BTW, I must say, I haven't seen lot of people who listen to him so closely that they remember his closing lines so clearly.. Good job

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 02-03-2009, 04:02 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 year old brutalized by UP police...where is GOD

I am just seeing on Indian TV they are showing a 5 year old kid....being picked up by a cop by her hair...and being punished....

Amazingly brutal to even watch...i am numb....really...our country is nothing but a bannana republic....this is the same state where a PWD engineer was brutually murdered for defying corruption....

Nothing...not even God...can save us....if we are destined to keep quiet to this injustice....u will see many more 26/11.....if we dont stem the rot....

The solution has to start from the people......otherwise if we continue to keep quiet to this kind of brutality that i saw on live TV to a 5 year old girl by the police (guardians of the law).....shocking....

Old 02-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold
Default GOD -Who is he

Please let me know if any one seen God.

How foolish humans are ... asking help from unknown when they have free will and brains to solve their problems.

If God is there .. he wont be listening to Us .. Selfish & Self centered

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all crystal is a name known to all

Islam is most modern religion out of all the big religions. As per you it should have been most improved. You can wish all you wanted to but the truth may be otherwise..

A messiah is the one who leaves a mess behind him --U.G

Quote:
I think lot of older religions are out of date. Islam is the biggest example and islamic fanatics are the biggest fools around.

Last edited by crystal; 02-03-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal View Post
A messiah is the one who leaves a mess behind him --U.G
I guess then it would be safe to say that George Bush is a messiah.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
Please let me know if any one seen God.

How foolish humans are ... asking help from unknown when they have free will and brains to solve their problems.

If God is there .. he wont be listening to Us .. Selfish & Self centered
There is a difference between not adopting an organized religion and being atheist. Personally, I do not like atheism because its like saying with surety that there is no God. I think the correct answer is, we don't know whether the God exist or not. So I do not consider myself as an atheist.

At the same time, we do know that "organized religions" have delayed human progress. "Organized religions" say with surety that their religion is the only way to God and all other paths are false. That's another reason I don't like "organized religions".

Last edited by sanju; 02-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.