Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another swipe at H1Bs

http://uniknotions.com/fulldebate.php?debatenum=303

Please have a look at this link..People here just are trying to deflect the actual crisis.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pls look into the attached article too

The attached SFgate article can show the full implications!!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of whitecollarslave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by designserve View Post
The attached SFgate article can show the full implications!!
Where is the attachment?

Old 02-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
Default attached article is part of the main article...

Pls click on the sfgate link

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...d=rss.business

Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?play=1&video=1019715332

Hit back at Grassley/remove h1Bs parties!

shows that majority of the americans are not as stupid as the Grassley and types

Last edited by bugmenot; 02-02-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future windycloud has a brilliant future

Media!

I don't want to panic over an article like this. The media is ALWAYS on the case of immigration. However we do have all odds working against us these days. On a fair weather day, our only ally is the corporations and business who hire us. The society and media never likes the idea of immigration. In their eyes we come here to take their jobs, end of story. The government is not exactly on our side either. They make the immigration process incredibly tedious to a point that makes us wonder if it's there to facilitate immigration or to stop it. That's the old equilibrium we are used to until a year or two ago. Now with raging unemployment and our only ally seemingly becoming the "enemy of the state", it's no surprise that we are put on the chopping board.

If I'm under the spot light for negative attentions I'd like to say "folks, let's at least put things in perspective." U.S. has a population of 300 million, of which roughly half is within the range of working ages. USCIS granted about a million greencards last year, of which only 162,176 were employment based. That is 0.1% of America’s work force, and 0.05% of the entire U.S. population. And that’s less than 6% of the number of the American people injured in car accidents in 2005. Talking about something that hurts a lot of Americans badly, let’s give automobile safety the attention it deserves, which should be 20 times that paid to employment based immigration. On the other hand, if we look at the educational background of these immigrants compared to the same age group of all American workforce I would not be surprised that the earlier surpasses the later by a large margin. That is the whole idea of employment based immigration. Accept a small group of highly educated and skilled foreigners into the society to fuel and energize its workforce and economy. Now this mere 0.05% of people, who already have to pay and struggle to stay legal thanks to the current immigration system, somehow becomes a huge crowd of seagulls and snitches that descend upon the entire country and rob jobs from everyone and kicks Americans into unemployment. Is there any justice or intelligence in that perception? Trying to fix the right problem by focusing on the wrong issues doesn’t help. Hasn’t the country learned enough lessons on this in the past 8 years? To the media, fact skewed out of proportion is a lie. Misleading the people on key national issues is unethical and unpatriotic.

H-1B holders, who are the candidates for employment based immigration, are lawful residents. That means we are subject to all responsibilities such as taxation. We pay all taxes including those the benefits of which we aren’t even entitled to, such as social security and Medicare. We are subject to all laws and regulations as Americans and on top of that immigration law as well, which eliminates many forms of freedom enjoyed by an average citizen. To those sound advocates against immigration, who do you think you are to have the right to alienate us like we have no rights at all in this society? We aren’t robbing you, we are creating wealth for the country. We didn’t play through our earlier years, we worked hard in college and many in graduate schools as well. We aren’t sitting around collecting social benefit, we are paying for it.

I remember watching a movie where in the old times a few African American kids witnessed a black slave being set on fire. One kid later said “I saw fear in my friends’ eyes and at the same time, shame.” In some ways that’s our sentiment. We cave in when faced with unfair treatments and blames. When there is some news about a man killing his whole family after losing his job, some feel like it’s our fault. Has it occurred to anyone that his mental health was a bigger suspect for the crime than his employment status? Tough times create anger and division. In my opinion that’s the kind of ride this country has been taking until the 2008 election. This is a tough time no doubt, but it’s also the right time to restore sanity instead of injecting more biased, harmful and plainly wrong opinions into people’s mind. Immigration, although not written in the Constitution, has always been a foundation of this country. Employment based immigrants are the modern day elites of U.S. immigration. And there is nothing more American than equity and hard working. That's what we believe in and what we ask for. Immigrants are citizens by choice. That’s something to be proud of.

For once America, try to tackle the right problem by focusing on the right issues. It’s about time!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
Default Missisippi burning!!!

Isnt that the name of the movie?Forget the spelling...

Old 02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default WOW... Nicely said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycloud View Post
Media!

I don't want to panic over an article like this. The media is ALWAYS on the case of immigration. However we do have all odds working against us these days. On a fair weather day, our only ally is the corporations and business who hire us. The society and media never likes the idea of immigration. In their eyes we come here to take their jobs, end of story. The government is not exactly on our side either. They make the immigration process incredibly tedious to a point that makes us wonder if it's there to facilitate immigration or to stop it. That's the old equilibrium we are used to until a year or two ago. Now with raging unemployment and our only ally seemingly becoming the "enemy of the state", it's no surprise that we are put on the chopping board.

If I'm under the spot light for negative attentions I'd like to say "folks, let's at least put things in perspective." U.S. has a population of 300 million, of which roughly half is within the range of working ages. USCIS granted about a million greencards last year, of which only 162,176 were employment based. That is 0.1% of Americaís work force, and 0.05% of the entire U.S. population. And thatís less than 6% of the number of the American people injured in car accidents in 2005. Talking about something that hurts a lot of Americans badly, letís give automobile safety the attention it deserves, which should be 20 times that paid to employment based immigration. On the other hand, if we look at the educational background of these immigrants compared to the same age group of all American workforce I would not be surprised that the earlier surpasses the later by a large margin. That is the whole idea of employment based immigration. Accept a small group of highly educated and skilled foreigners into the society to fuel and energize its workforce and economy. Now this mere 0.05% of people, who already have to pay and struggle to stay legal thanks to the current immigration system, somehow becomes a huge crowd of seagulls and snitches that descend upon the entire country and rob jobs from everyone and kicks Americans into unemployment. Is there any justice or intelligence in that perception? Trying to fix the right problem by focusing on the wrong issues doesnít help. Hasnít the country learned enough lessons on this in the past 8 years? To the media, fact skewed out of proportion is a lie. Misleading the people on key national issues is unethical and unpatriotic.

H-1B holders, who are the candidates for employment based immigration, are lawful residents. That means we are subject to all responsibilities such as taxation. We pay all taxes including those the benefits of which we arenít even entitled to, such as social security and Medicare. We are subject to all laws and regulations as Americans and on top of that immigration law as well, which eliminates many forms of freedom enjoyed by an average citizen. To those sound advocates against immigration, who do you think you are to have the right to alienate us like we have no rights at all in this society? We arenít robbing you, we are creating wealth for the country. We didnít play through our earlier years, we worked hard in college and many in graduate schools as well. We arenít sitting around collecting social benefit, we are paying for it.

I remember watching a movie where in the old times a few African American kids witnessed a black slave being set on fire. One kid later said ďI saw fear in my friendsí eyes and at the same time, shame.Ē In some ways thatís our sentiment. We cave in when faced with unfair treatments and blames. When there is some news about a man killing his whole family after losing his job, some feel like itís our fault. Has it occurred to anyone that his mental health was a bigger suspect for the crime than his employment status? Tough times create anger and division. In my opinion thatís the kind of ride this country has been taking until the 2008 election. This is a tough time no doubt, but itís also the right time to restore sanity instead of injecting more biased, harmful and plainly wrong opinions into peopleís mind. Immigration, although not written in the Constitution, has always been a foundation of this country. Employment based immigrants are the modern day elites of U.S. immigration. And there is nothing more American than equity and hard working. That's what we believe in and what we ask for. Immigrants are citizens by choice. Thatís something to be proud of.

For once America, try to tackle the right problem by focusing on the right issues. Itís about time!
Nice statement bro/sis

Old 02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Whats next?? Sending a letter to Walmart to stop importing from china and sell american goods?

H1B use is being sensationalised, particularly by anti's. Bad economy is not helping us.

But remember, businesses are run by capitalists. As the CNBC video suggests, they don't want to be told how to run their business, especially, companies who havenot received any bailout money.

Microsoft responded well. I hope others follow suit and ask these people to shutup.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts
Default You got to be kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
Whats next?? Sending a letter to Walmart to stop importing from china and sell american goods?

H1B use is being sensationalised, particularly by anti's. Bad economy is not helping us.

But remember, businesses are run by capitalists. As the CNBC video suggests, they don't want to be told how to run their business, especially, companies who havenot received any bailout money.

Microsoft responded well. I hope others follow suit and ask these people to shutup.
I like your predictive question American goods? Have you seen those trash cars? Ludicrously expensive and little value. Given the life style, 80% of the folks in this country would not be able afford anything if that happens. Express pathway to 3rd world.

Last edited by gapala; 02-02-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapala View Post
American goods? Have you seen those trash cars? Ludicrously expensive and little value. Given the life style, 80% of the folks in this country would not be able afford anything if that happens. Express pathway to 3rd world.
Exactly my point. The experts at CNBC summarized it very well calling "Pseudo Patriotism".

Businesses are driven by market needs. Business decisions are in conjunction with increasing business revenues and to please share holders.
In layman terms, there is a reason why Walmart buy's goods from China. There is a reason why H1B program was started (being shortage of highly skilled labor)
Trying to change status quo is a serious threat to any business in these difficult times.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of johnwright03 has much to be proud of
Default Congressional Research Service on Temprary Admissions

Congressional Research Service -- has given the analysis of the US immigrants for the year 2008. http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/115872.pdf
I don't think we need to panic on this...looking at the stats for the H1b workers number...

Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Exactly my point. The experts at CNBC summarized it very well calling "Pseudo Patriotism".

Businesses are driven by market needs. Business decisions are in conjunction with increasing business revenues and to please share holders.
In layman terms, there is a reason why Walmart buy's goods from China. There is a reason why H1B program was started (being shortage of highly skilled labor)
Trying to change status quo is a serious threat to any business in these difficult times.
The current H-1B program is filled with fraud and Americans are working to eliminate it.

Got any fake resumes for me to read, Belmontboy?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts Angry White Male is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Whats next?? Telling Indians to stop using fake resumes when they apply for H-1B?

Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice bugmenot is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry White Male View Post
Whats next?? Telling Indians to stop using fake resumes when they apply for H-1B?
welcome back , looks like u missed your ass whopping bad