Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold boreal is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennada View Post
I can't access videos at my work place. But, I saw this disturbing news headline and thought I must share this here.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1019715332
Why oh why do we need to create such threads when anti-immigrant nuts are already doing this? Why do you want to help them??
Sent letters to the President and IV
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
husamymd is infamous around these parts husamymd is infamous around these parts husamymd is infamous around these parts husamymd is infamous around these parts husamymd is infamous around these parts
Default what??

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreal View Post
Why oh why do we need to create such threads when anti-immigrant nuts are already doing this? Why do you want to help them??
Why are you posting shit like this when we already have a bunch of nut jobs trying to taint our image. You are a buttfuck sir!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Question The best gets the job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry White Male View Post
Because the H-1B visa program was only meant to bring in workers if their skill set could not be found in the United States, any attempt to use it for any purpose other than that constitutes fraud.

1. The H-1B visa is not a dual intent visa because it was meant only to bring in temporay skilled foreign workers who were meant to return home after the legal limits of their stay in the US. That is the law.

2. Attempting to describe critics of the abuse of the H-1B program as racists makes no sense because only those criticisms have been used to describe fraud in the program itself or have been attempts to correct untrue propaganda being spread about the program. There has been no "racism" involved in uncovering the many current abuses of the program.

3. If an American has a skill set that can be employed at a company, the law is specific that the H-1B visa program cannot be used to replace a American.

4. Attempts to fail to use "due diligence" to hire Americans for skilled technical positions competing against placement of H-1B foreign workers is fraud and widespread H-1B abuse can be descibed as racketeeing.

5. The H-1B visa program is a fraudulent program that was illegally modified to throw Americans out of work and as such Americans are now forming groups that are resisting the importation of H-1Bs into the country.

I am an American who used to work as an IT worker (no, I am not Matt Krause or ) and I was thrown out of my job. I am extremely angry and bitter and I pray to God that he may help me direct my anger and bitterness against job thieves and H-1Bs who have come to the US to steal our jobs.
THE BEST SUITABLE CANDIDATE GETS THE JOB. Be it White,Black,Latino or anyone else. It does not matter..........

I think you have forgotten what AMERICA stands for? May be you can use some online help instead of wasting time here and blaming others for what you are facing. There are many who have lost jobs and you can't generalise it to blame one country or people who have a common origin.

If you have the SKILLS you will get a job. If you dont have the SKILLS you will be just writing on forums. I dont think your anger will help you, it will just take you down to hit the bottom.

Amin !

Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Because the H-1B visa program was only meant to bring in workers if their skill set could not be found in the United States, any attempt to use it for any purpose other than that constitutes fraud.

1. The H-1B visa is not a dual intent visa because it was meant only to bring in temporay skilled foreign workers who were meant to return home after the legal limits of their stay in the US. That is the law.

2. Attempting to describe critics of the abuse of the H-1B program as racists makes no sense because only those criticisms have been used to describe fraud in the program itself or have been attempts to correct untrue propaganda being spread about the program. There has been no "racism" involved in uncovering the many current abuses of the program.

3. If an American has a skill set that can be employed at a company, the law is specific that the H-1B visa program cannot be used to replace a American.

4. Attempts to fail to use "due diligence" to hire Americans for skilled technical positions competing against placement of H-1B foreign workers is fraud and widespread H-1B abuse can be descibed as racketeeing.

5. The H-1B visa program is a fraudulent program that was illegally modified to throw Americans out of work and as such Americans are now forming groups that are resisting the importation of H-1Bs into the country.

I am an American who used to work as an IT worker (no, I am not Matt Krause or ) and I was thrown out of my job. I am extremely angry and bitter and I pray to God that he may help me direct my anger and bitterness against job thieves and H-1Bs who have come to the US to steal our jobs.
My dear bitter angry American IT worker you should know that nobody is stealing your job. The jobs does not belong to the employee - it belongs to the employer and they can give it to anybody he wants too - as long as it is being done lawfully. If the employer wants he can give the job to a Citizen, GC holder, H-1B worker, F-1 student, can outsource it, or can decide he does not want to hire anybody. Nobody can or should force him one way or the other. The employer has to make a determination on the basis of the skills he need from the potential employee and the compensation he thinks is reasonable/affordable to him.

People on H-1B are legally in the US, paying taxes and following all the laws of the land. If you have a problem with that then you might want to go to your lawmaker to change the law. In the meantime my suggestion is to post your concerns in the right forum. This forum is For Immigration not Against Immigration.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
My dear bitter angry American IT worker you should know that nobody is stealing your job. The jobs does not belong to the employee - it belongs to the employer and they can give it to anybody he wants too - as long as it is being done lawfully. If the employer wants he can give the job to a Citizen, GC holder, H-1B worker, F-1 student, can outsource it, or can decide he does not want to hire anybody. Nobody can or should force him one way or the other. The employer has to make a determination on the basis of the skills he need from the potential employee and the compensation he thinks is reasonable/affordable to him.

People on H-1B are legally in the US, paying taxes and following all the laws of the land. If you have a problem with that then you might want to go to your lawmaker to change the law. In the meantime my suggestion is to post your concerns in the right forum. This forum is For Immigration not Against Immigration.

You are wasting your time to logically explain something to this jerk. He has no common sense and talking to a deaf dog is better than saying anything to him. Here is his resume, be your own judge to decide -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...587#post313587

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Buddy chillout. Check out the video first, all commentators were agaist the idea. Title is misleading in CNBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreal View Post

Old 02-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Mr. Angry White Tail or whatever the heck is your name. Two things I want to say

1) H1B is dual intent visa.
2) H1B visa program is created by the USA government not by any foreigners. Every one
is following the US government regulations.?

You fraud, you might have out of work because of your attitude.

May be you can try banging your head to a monitor if that helps.

Quote:

I am an American who used to work as an IT worker until I was thrown out of my job. I am extremely angry and bitter and I work everyday to find new ways to direct my anger and bitterness against H-1Bs who have come to the US to steal our jobs.

Last edited by langagadu; 02-03-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because the H-!B visa program was only meant to bring in workers if their skill set could not be found in the United States, any attempt to use it for any purpose other than that constitutes fraud.

I am an American who used to work as an IT worker until I was thrown out of my job. I am extremely angry and bitter and I work everyday to find new ways to direct my anger and bitterness against H-1Bs who have come to the US to steal our jobs.
You have every right to be angry, and to have a point of view. Work the political system to get the system changed in your favor. Don't demean your message by mixing it with ethnic insults (such as "...Indians don't have any morals"). The large majority of H1Bs are lawful, talented, hardworking, genuine, and are not depressing wages. They are equally affected by the fraud that sometimes occurs in the H1B system. They can be your best allies in ridding the system of the fraud.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2000
Chargeability
:
Iran
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2000
Compare
masouds is a glorious beacon of light masouds is a glorious beacon of light masouds is a glorious beacon of light masouds is a glorious beacon of light masouds is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamymd View Post
Why are you posting shit like this when we already have a bunch of nut jobs trying to taint our image. You are a buttfuck sir!
Did you even see the video? Everybody on the panel was against it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Anysia is infamous around these parts Anysia is infamous around these parts

Quote:

I agree with following the Law..but the law is not perfect. I work in the medical field and I have an H1B visa. Dont think that we got it all made and we have all the luck because:

1. We are not paid as much as you guys make and we most of the time work the hardest and handle the more difficult jobs.
2. We are under the employer's mercy...they can fire us, threaten us (sugarcoat it so it dont sound as bad as it actually is) abuse us and we would take it cause not taking it means going home or break the law (live illegally)
3. We work in places and jobs where most or no americans dare work.
4. As much as America wants to insist that they are for "equal opportunity" reality is..its not equal. We dont have the rights that american citizens enjoy and took for granted. And it can be majorly frustrating..but we accepted it. And when i say "we" i mean I and some people i know who are on the same boat.

Being angry is understandable...I would probably be if i was in your shoes. But dont be angry at the wrong guy...your fellow worker. Yes H1B worker can go home after 6 years...if thats what the law says (but its not). Because the goverment knows that if the foreigners go home all the time..most establishment we support would collapse..i.e. hospital, nursing home, cause nobody is qualified. It will take time to be corrected, America should learn to send their kids to college.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Angry white guy??
why did you loose your job? were you the least productive and costing more? you did something fraudulent? you were part of a large scale downsizing?
Now tell us one thing from the above which was caused by a skilled immigrant worker on H1b?
Now if we go a bit backwards in time.....
who gave you the job? who gave the job to an H1b holder? answer is an american I suppose. the basic truth is, you were initially given a job, because the company was able to survive in the first place. Do you think american employers who hire H1b workers do that because they find H1b workers attractive???? No, my friend, the only reason is, that it is the only viable option economically.
In the global economy two things cannot go together; unless they are in a highly inovative field, and those two things are (high pay and high profit). This is simply the truth my friend. If you are able to munch on strawberries for 5 dollars a pound it is because somebody is out on the field at 4 dollars an hour. will you do that???? there is a lot of economics that you dont understand my friend.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Your name implies...

Quote:

This person's name "Angry 'white' guy" and what he writes seem to imply that "White=American". Not only is this racist, but also is the poster boy of those who don't know that there are white Mexicans, white Guatemalans, white Filipinos, white Zimbabweans. He's the type of person who thinks white people only inhabit the U.S. and Europe. I'm from Mexico and my sister is blonder than this hillbilly will ever be. He's a racist and nativist loser, so guys, stop wasting time on him.

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice

Quote:

Can you please contribute for the FOIA drive?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute bikram_das_in has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Mr Angry White Male....First it was workers from Africa for 200 years and then from Mexico and Now H1Bs. You have pretty much maintained the tradition unsurprisingly. If you open your mind a little bit, you can learn a great lesson from history - You have always been on the wrong side.