Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stimulus Payment for 2007

Hi I couldn't able to apply for stimulus in 2007 because my wife didn't have ssn number then. Now in 2009 we are going to apply for stimulus for 2008. My question -- is there any way to get stimulus for 2007? either by amending your last year return or filing some kind of form?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Life2Live is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb I am also on same boat

I am also on same boat. My wife still do not have SSN but my kids (dependents) has it. I do not know how to claim for that stimulus money.

"The world is a dangerous place to live...not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Read these threads, you will find answer to your question -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23399 (New Stimulus Bill Seeks to bar ITIN families AGAIN)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=17966 (No Stimulus Package to H1's and GC Aspirants - Again We Loose 1200$)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=18822 (IRS Stimulus payment Schedule)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=18907 (ITIN Holders: Apply for a Social Security Number without a work visa)

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute sagar_nyc has a reputation beyond repute

Actually My wife got SSN now. So we can apply stimulus for 2008. My question is regarding 2007 stimulus.
I think you can not apply for stimulus unless you have SSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2Live View Post
I am also on same boat. My wife still do not have SSN but my kids (dependents) has it. I do not know how to claim for that stimulus money.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

which 2007 stimulus are you talking about? There wasn't any stimulus check sent in 2007, they were sent only in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar_nyc View Post
Actually My wife got SSN now. So we can apply stimulus for 2008. My question is regarding 2007 stimulus.
I think you can not apply for stimulus unless you have SSN.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default I was too

in same boat. Wife got SSN this year. I just did my taxes this year online. The software ask for stimulus amount, if you enter zero and have used wife's ssn for filing joing return then you get TAX creadit for $1200...

Hope it helps.....

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare

OK I am talking about stimulus in 2008 , which we were not qualified because my wife didn't have SSN at the time of filing in 2008. She got SSN in late 2008, so we are eligible for 2009 stimulus. I want to know about 2008 stimulus we missed because of unavailabily of ssn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
which 2007 stimulus are you talking about? There wasn't any stimulus check sent in 2007, they were sent only in 2008.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future

sagar_nyc:
There is no stimulus that has been announced yet for people filing their 2008 tax returns. If the current bill in congress passes then we might get some money.

The 1200 stimulus you are refering to is what folks claimed when they filed their 2007 tax returns last year (prior to Apr 15 2008).

I know that turbo tax asks you if you got your stimulus last year. So if you answer no, then i believe you would get a tax credit of 1200, just like someone else suggested earlier. If you are doing it by paper, i'm not sure how you would do it, but i'm sure tehre's a way.