Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future
Default Microsoft wants refund from some laid off workers

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10169119-75.html

Old 02-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Why is it considered hep or fashionable to beat down on Microsoft everytime anything goes wrong. Microsoft has changed this world for the better. Its a very large organization and sometimes error do happen because people working at Microsoft are also humans. In the IT professional's community, why is it considered fashionable to beat down on Microsoft? I have seen folks at workplace not leaving a chance to make fun of Microsoft and their products, but the same guys are carving for any MS certifications... big hipocracy. I see this trend more prevenlent in folks from Accenture or supposedly other elitist companies... these are bigger jerks than others, the so called elites on the planet.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandesi View Post
I am not a big fan of MS Software but your post seemed to say that MS is actually asking for refund of the severence pay and not the overpayemnt of severance pay.

What would any one do if he/she only owe 500USD and end up writing the check for 5000USD? I expect the over payment to be refunded. MS should have been careful but their payroll screwed up. No big deal. The reporter tried to make MS look like the worst employer. I dont see a reason why MS should be find fault with in this case.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default This is sensational reporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by americandesi View Post
Oh Dear run by media - We bash another successful company again. It is kind of fashion with the same lazy and useless tech professionals to criticize Microsoft for everything they do.

Reporter should be ashamed of himself for this report. This is a typical payroll accounting error which happens everywhere.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Why is it considered hep or fashionable to beat down on Microsoft everytime anything goes wrong. Microsoft has changed this world for the better. Its a very large organization and sometimes error do happen because people working at Microsoft are also humans. In the IT professional's community, why is it considered fashionable to beat down on Microsoft? I have seen folks at workplace not leaving a chance to make fun of Microsoft and their products, but the same guys are carving for any MS certifications... big hipocracy. I see this trend more prevenlent in folks from Accenture or supposedly other elitist companies... these are bigger jerks than others, the so called elites on the planet.

You took the words out of my mouth. It has become a fashion to beat Microsoft on just about everything. In my opinion Microsoft has changed world for the better. It might not make the best software but it is the most easily understood software for ordinary users which is what technology should be all about. No wonder it is the most popular company in the world.

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Last edited by hpandey; 02-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.