Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold
Default underwriter at wells fargo

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgreened2010 View Post
I got my loan approved in April 2010 from Wells Fargo, the under writer created some problems but my loan officer gave them references of prior loans getting approved for people on AOS so it worked out well in the end. I know a lot of people who's loans were approved (both conventional and FHA) and were on AOS. All the best hope everything works out well for you.

i sent all documents to loan officer at wells fargo for refinance. I sent I-140, EAD copy for immigration documents. just got email from loan office that he received my file back from underwriter and ask for greencard copy front and back as underwriter said EAD is not acceptable (Employer can not sponsor borrower).

could anybody please tell me what to do now?

thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dval_dpal View Post
i sent all documents to loan officer at wells fargo for refinance. I sent I-140, EAD copy for immigration documents. just got email from loan office that he received my file back from underwriter and ask for greencard copy front and back as underwriter said EAD is not acceptable (Employer can not sponsor borrower).

thank you
May be they approve loan for only people who run away and screw up economy.

Try with a different bank.

There are many who bought home with H1B visa.

My street has 3 people who are in H1B (not even 140 approved) and great homes.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold dval_dpal is a splendid one to behold
Default how abt 485 appication notice?

i have seen so many people got approved from wells fargo on 485 pending stage???
i'm in same problem if somebody can light on this.....

Is 485 application notice and Ead plus I 140 will be enought for Refinance from well fargo?

i have current mortgage with well fargo and i'm trying to do refinance after 4 years with good credit history with no payment missed in last 4 years.

any help would be really helpful to talk with wells fargo

thank you

Old 12-12-2010, 05:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dval_dpal View Post

thank you
Bank Of America denied my car loan. They want only US citizens or GC holders. I have EAD and apparently its not good at all for anything. I can't even get my drivers license. The DMV is waiting for a response from DHS, until then I have to find other means to go to work.

The other day at walmart, I paid my groceries, as usual with the credit card, so the walmart person wanted to see my ID. I showed her my EAD, she said she cannot accept that...she wants to see my Drivers License..I said it is expired and the only legal document with a photo ID is my EAD which is issued by the federal Gov...she was not convinces but said, "aahhh!!! thats okay, I trust you." and let me go...till the end she was not convinced in her mind.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
Bank Of America denied my car loan. They want only US citizens or GC holders. I have EAD and apparently its not good at all for anything. I can't even get my drivers license. The DMV is waiting for a response from DHS, until then I have to find other means to go to work.

The other day at walmart, I paid my groceries, as usual with the credit card, so the walmart person wanted to see my ID. I showed her my EAD, she said she cannot accept that...she wants to see my Drivers License..I said it is expired and the only legal document with a photo ID is my EAD which is issued by the federal Gov...she was not convinces but said, "aahhh!!! thats okay, I trust you." and let me go...till the end she was not convinced in her mind.
You will get your GC in 2011.
Which state are you in? Try other means of financing for the car. Sometimes the dealers themselves have options but might be a % or two higher.
There was a previous post regarding admisibility of EAD as one of the documents for DL. You might want to search for that post. I asume you dont have an H1b, right?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Default how u did this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesGC_NoGC View Post
I have refinanced with Wells Fargo without any issues. If you need more details, please PM me.

your help would be helpful....

i'm also doing refinance with wellsfargo...(submit I-140, EAD)

they r asking for Green card...

If i send I-485 receipt now, would it be enough???

thank you

Old 12-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold arung is a splendid one to behold
Default home financing

I got financing using EAD in March 2010, and got refinancing recently still using EAD but not the WFC. There should no criteria or need to have GC only. Talk to agent or other lender and you need one, "DESI company" let me know.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/11/2012
Compare
coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute coolngood4u80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
You will get your GC in 2011.
Which state are you in? Try other means of financing for the car. Sometimes the dealers themselves have options but might be a % or two higher.
There was a previous post regarding admisibility of EAD as one of the documents for DL. You might want to search for that post. I asume you dont have an H1b, right?
I am on H1 and I140 approved. Bank of american denied my car loan. Infact Honda Finance too denied my loan. Finally I had to go with Credit union who gave me very good APR for my excellent credit history. So there is a way out guys ..we just have to live with it untill we get our GC

Old 01-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mw_immi is on a distinguished road
Default loan approved or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post

Do you posses a valid / current visa along with EAD. They seem to be okay with visa, and seems to lack knowledge on the EAD/485 stuff. Can you please PM the link to the loan office you worked, if he is agreeing to talk / provide updates. BTW, mine is a re-finance, and never had problem before and this is the first time, the visa issue is causing difficulties. The reason I went through this loan agent is the rate I am getting.
Finally, BOA approved your loan or not. I am in exact same situation as you & they have denied my refinance.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up EAD and H1 is OK

Approach ur credit uniion. they will eventually sell ur loan to BAC or the big banks.
my friends were on H1. I was on EAD but all I had to provide was my credit score, 6 months paychecks, company history and indicate that my green card is in process. lender was happy that green card is in process. she got terribly confused when I mentioned LC, 140 and EAD. Be careful with words you use becuase the lender or anyone at walmart or honda are not that educated about the pains of GC process and not that they are bad and dont want ur business.

I am also not surprised on reading this thread because our local citizen friends (bankers et al) get pi$$ed off to learn that I dont have a green card and we own homes becuase we are perfect candidates to walk off in a foreclosure with nothing to worry.

on a serious note - if on H1 and no EAD. think twice before buying a house. Job Markets are becoming unfriendly for H1 holders.

God be with you.
-Oye Chakdepatte

Old 01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of

Just send your I-140 approved docs to the bank. I got the approval with my I-140 itself

Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakashv44 View Post

Just send your I-140 approved docs to the bank. I got the approval with my I-140 itself
Who is your banker? I locked in my rate with BOA & after 4 months they say unapproved. I am on EAD (expired H1B and I-94), AOS pending. I gave I-140, I-485 receipt, EAD, attorney letter but nothing worked.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Has anyone done refinance from BOA on EAD / AOS (expired H1B & I-94)?

My current home loan is with BOA & I am trying to refinance with them, but they say we can't approve now because of status. I locked in rate in Sept. 2010 & now I am stuck as rates have gone up. After 4 months they have denied.

I don't know how to proceed further. They are not ready to give any letter & the lending policy. Any suggestions please......

Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of
Default Buying a home

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
I am on EAD and no H1B. I am looking for a house to buy. But wonder sometimes if I should wait till GC.
I have pending 485, used Bank of America for my home loan. No problems whatsoever. And, I know loads of people who have bought homes while on H1B or pending 140/485. I believe 2009-2011 will probably be the best time to buy a home. If you can afford it and if you have job security, then you must buy one (rent it if you dont want to live). The aprs available currently is unbelievable (of course, good credit history and the amount you put down will decide mainly).

Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute ajaysri has a reputation beyond repute

I think the key is the person approving the loan needs to understand immigration to certain extent. Its important that we let the officer know up-front about our immigration status so that there are no assumptions and surprises.