Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mw_immi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by syendu1 View Post

I have pending 485, used Bank of America for my home loan. No problems whatsoever. And, I know loads of people who have bought homes while on H1B or pending 140/485. I believe 2009-2011 will probably be the best time to buy a home. If you can afford it and if you have job security, then you must buy one (rent it if you dont want to live). The aprs available currently is unbelievable (of course, good credit history and the amount you put down will decide mainly).
Did you have unexpired H1B / I-94? In my case I am on EAD / pending I-485 / AOS (expired H1 / I-94) & BOA didn't approve.
Do you know any one who didn't have H1B / I-94 but got loan from BOA based on AOS?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw_immi View Post
Finally, BOA approved your loan or not. I am in exact same situation as you & they have denied my refinance.
No, I was not successful in getting loan approved from BOA last year when I was looking for re-fi. I was too busy with work and other issues and had less time to follow-up and trying to convince/educate them on EAD,etc.. and wasn't sure, If I could. Since mine was a re-fi and the current loan is already in a better rate, I did not take the effort to purse further.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
burnt has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Has anyone done refinance from BOA on EAD / AOS (expired H1B & I-94)?

My current home loan is with BOA & I am trying to refinance with them, but they say we can't approve now because of status. I locked in rate in Sept. 2010 & now I am stuck as rates have gone up. After 4 months they have denied.

I don't know how to proceed further. They are not ready to give any letter & the lending policy. Any suggestions please......
I got my loan financed from BOA. I was putting 25% down on 550K home. They did not ask me even a single proof of my status before approving the loan . I am on EAD. Just a thought. May be you can increase the amount you are putting out of your pocket and may be they will approve. Again, just check this with them

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/03/2012
Compare
Greening is on a distinguished road
Smile FHA program

Try FHA option with BOA. All they need is only proof of last two years employment.
And good credit score(not bad but at least good). Thats it. They will approve it without any problem.

I got my home after 1st year of H1B. At that time my perm status approved only.

Try FHA its very nice program.

Pros: Loan approval is very simple and you dont need to put any heavy downpayment
Cons: Once they give you loan you can not sell this within 3/5 years.

Just sharing my personal experience.

Cheers,
AJ

Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute

I closed on dec 27. Underwriter asked me about green card. I just sent EAD copy front and back as well as AP and explained to him that EAD is like learners driving permit that is issued when your GC is under process.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

not related but when I was buying a new car, I was told that they can only finance until the visa is valid.........the other dealership didn't ask any questions.

Just try somewhere else. good luck.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnag View Post

I closed on dec 27. Underwriter asked me about green card. I just sent EAD copy front and back as well as AP and explained to him that EAD is like learners driving permit that is issued when your GC is under process.
Did you close with BOA?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post

I got my loan financed from BOA. I was putting 25% down on 550K home. They did not ask me even a single proof of my status before approving the loan . I am on EAD. Just a thought. May be you can increase the amount you are putting out of your pocket and may be they will approve. Again, just check this with them
When did you close the loan? BOA says there lending policy changed wef 05/28/2010.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of syendu1 has much to be proud of
Default h1b/i94

Quote:
Did you have unexpired H1B / I-94? In my case I am on EAD / pending I-485 / AOS (expired H1 / I-94) & BOA didn't approve.
Do you know any one who didn't have H1B / I-94 but got loan from BOA based on AOS?
yes, i had an unexpired h1b/i-94. yes, i do have friends who were not on h1b/i-94 and still got approved from boa. for some reason, i believe, its pretty much the agent who handles your case decides on these issues. i remem' for one or two things which are supposed to be important, my agent asked me not to worry about and i dont think i gave him a copy of my h1b visa either.

sy

Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by syendu1 View Post

yes, i had an unexpired h1b/i-94. yes, i do have friends who were not on h1b/i-94 and still got approved from boa. for some reason, i believe, its pretty much the agent who handles your case decides on these issues. i remem' for one or two things which are supposed to be important, my agent asked me not to worry about and i dont think i gave him a copy of my h1b visa either.

sy

Thanks sy. I fully agree it's the agent we deal with. My BOA loan coordinator is extremely stubborn & doesn't have any clue regarding immigration. From day 1 she is stuck on unexpired I-94 & till today she asks me to furnish that. Is it possible that I can contact you or any of your friends through email / phone & discuss to check where I am going wrong. I can furnish my contact details if needed.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default why her only

There are ton of companies that you can go thru. My case was worse than yours, I am on EAD with expired visa. I already had a house on which I was trying to get the loan modification and when going through that process my credit was screwed up. There was no way I could have got the loan from BOFA or chase or any other big names. I went thru a very small loan servicing company who service the loan and make a portfolio of loans and sell to big banks. Even with that small company it was almost impossible but my loan officer got it thru and finally we moved into a new house then.

So bottom line , kick the lame a** loan officer and look for someone else.

Quote:
Thanks sy. I fully agree it's the agent we deal with. My BOA loan coordinator is extremely stubborn & doesn't have any clue regarding immigration. From day 1 she is stuck on unexpired I-94 & till today she asks me to furnish that. Is it possible that I can contact you or any of your friends through email / phone & discuss to check where I am going wrong. I can furnish my contact details if needed.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sravs1234 can only hope to improve
Default sure thing

Quote:
I am not how comfortable my friends would be, but, you can certainly contact me for any help/details you may want. sumanthyenduri@gmail.com is my email address.

sy

Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sravs1234 can only hope to improve
Default one more thing!!

Quote:
DCU is the way to go. To get membership, you may have to donate a few dollars to some group and become a member, before you can open an account. Their rates are competitive, and closing costs are "very decent". 90% of the stuff can be done over ph/fax/email. The best thing that my friend said was even without 20% down payment, his PMI (private mortgage insurance) was a mere 30 dollars (for a 220k home).

sy

Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
semiGator is just really nice semiGator is just really nice semiGator is just really nice semiGator is just really nice

I had a similar problem last year. Could not get the needed loan and finally gave up arguing with the 2 loan officers from 2 banks. Sorry can't give a cheerful picture

Old 03-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of

I would say we all need to know our status well first There is no such status as EAD. It is Adjustment of Status (AOS) Pending. I had done multiple refi and all I had to tell them is GC pending. They get copy of EAD just to have a reference that I am legal here at the time of application (since it has an end date). Had no issues so for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysri View Post
I think the key is the person approving the loan needs to understand immigration to certain extent. Its important that we let the officer know up-front about our immigration status so that there are no assumptions and surprises.