Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrbest View Post
I would say we all need to know our status well first There is no such status as EAD. It is Adjustment of Status (AOS) Pending. I had done multiple refi and all I had to tell them is GC pending. They get copy of EAD just to have a reference that I am legal here at the time of application (since it has an end date). Had no issues so for.
vrbest, Who is your lender. Can you name the bank you worked with. It might help the some in this group. I have done a Mortgage and 2 re-fi in the past with no issues, but last time, I had issues with Bank of America, Wells Fargo and one other bank (don't remember name). The reason was being on AOS/EAD, They were fine with H1b, but did not understand what EAD / AOS is. It all depends on the underwriter and if he is not knowledgeable on the Visa issues, then you are done. You can't ask for an alternate underwriter. I was able to secure through a credit union though.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default it depends on the knowledge of loan processor.

i have friends who had issues with suntrust, boa etc. but they gave references of people who were approved from the same banks while on adjustment of status and they were finally approved. my loan is with Amtrust and did not have any issues, i am on EAD, no H1.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
channj is on a distinguished road
Smile

I got a home loan last year through SunTrust on EAD without any issues. You would need to provide more documentation such as I-140 approval, I-1488 receipt copies.

Old 03-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of vrbest has much to be proud of

Chase, Union Savings bank, Wells Fargo & Citi. I think if the sales person(agent) talking to us is well informed about our status they will work with the underwriters to get the loan approved- since it helps on their commissions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
vrbest, Who is your lender. Can you name the bank you worked with. It might help the some in this group. I have done a Mortgage and 2 re-fi in the past with no issues, but last time, I had issues with Bank of America, Wells Fargo and one other bank (don't remember name). The reason was being on AOS/EAD, They were fine with H1b, but did not understand what EAD / AOS is. It all depends on the underwriter and if he is not knowledgeable on the Visa issues, then you are done. You can't ask for an alternate underwriter. I was able to secure through a credit union though.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
eb3_2004 is a jewel in the rough eb3_2004 is a jewel in the rough eb3_2004 is a jewel in the rough eb3_2004 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Channj,
I am facing issues with re-financing with EAD thru Suntrust...Is there a way I can quote u to make the underwriter understand my EAD status....

Old 04-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mviral is on a distinguished road
Question Wells Fargo is being irreasonable

I am in process of securing loan for a new house. Wells Fargo is going nuts on my immigration status which is EAD. They are about to deny my loan based on that. I have this EAD Based on my I-485 filing since 2007 and they are not at all understanding that. the irony is that my current house mortgage is also through them which I bought it 11 years back when I was on H1 and I don't get it, why now.....Any inputs how to address this or anyone having issues with Wells Fargo?

Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute bpratap has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-140

Tell them u ve ur I-140 approved n waiting for ur GC card
i485 is not a status. I -140 is the actual GC approval.

Give them a copy of I -140 approval letter

Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is a know issue and I had same problem with not only WF but all major lenders. They don't have the word "EAD" in their script, meaning they have no idea what EAD means and try to explaining them won't help. You better off finding a local lenders who honor the EAD.