Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default actually i am willing

hey guys/gals,

actually, i am willing to explore sharing of ideas. however, i dont know if sharing an idea makes any sense... an idea loses 90% of its charm once it is shared with people who dont have the same idea. but, two totally different ideas could share the same implementation plans. for example, cheerios are sold to the same person who might also buy the ipod... one is a breakfast idea and the other is personal entertainment. but the customer is same... so, would be willing... scratch that... i would be eager to enter discussions about customers, segments, wants, needs etc... i am on EAD and have a full time job, but i dream every day (have been doing it since 2000) of selling to US market... but i am not sure i understand the market and its consumers so well... there will be no substitute to actually running my business and actually watching customers buy my things... but till the all important green card is not in my pocket, i would love to talk about these things...

cheers!
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold

1. Very rarely if ever, would some one get a eureka moment and then actually go ahead and make a viable product out of it

2. I have seen people trying to brainstorm trying to find/invent something ( social networking, videosharing, etc etc). Wont work most of the times.

3. You dont need to invent a new product or new category.

4. Its 20% strategy and 80% execution

Which leads to my belief
  • Know the industry you want to serve inside out.
  • Build on what you know had have experience in. You will sound more credible and avoid making mistakes
  • read what kind of people angel investors are looking for. Its a good starting point

Bodyshopping or any glorified variants of that (unless you are adding your expertise to what your employee does at the client place) is not a business model

Old 03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default hmmm........

is this free advice or are you trying to go somewhere with this? i agree with your statements... however these are so general that i cannot disagree...

there is one item that i am actually not in agreement with and in fact am totally doing the opposite... i dont think past experience in employment helps in anyway for future entrepreneurship. past entrepreneurship experience will surely help... but employment... naah! not in all cases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surabhi View Post
1. Very rarely if ever, would some one get a eureka moment and then actually go ahead and make a viable product out of it

2. I have seen people trying to brainstorm trying to find/invent something ( social networking, videosharing, etc etc). Wont work most of the times.

Which leads to my belief
  • Build on what you know had have experience in. You will sound more credible and avoid making mistakes
  • read what kind of people angel investors are looking for. Its a good starting point

Bodyshopping or any glorified variants of that (unless you are adding your expertise to what your employee does at the client place) is not a business model
have used AC21

Old 03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default True

i totally agree with qasl...
this will go down in the history of this forum as the dumbest idea...

if u had suggested that the community share its resources like business plans..marketing for startups..etc.. that would have made sense..

dont lose focus...contribute for FOIA..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasleuth View Post
The classic definition of 'business' is an entity designed to provide goods and/or services for a financial return. Why should anyone give up their ideas on a public forum ?
If at all anyone is interested in posting here with ideas, the very first thing that comes to mind is: How about you take the lead and post the first idea ?

Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold surabhi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_shark View Post
is this free advice or are you trying to go somewhere with this? i agree with your statements... however these are so general that i cannot disagree...

there is one item that i am actually not in agreement with and in fact am totally doing the opposite... i dont think past experience in employment helps in anyway for future entrepreneurship. past entrepreneurship experience will surely help... but employment... naah! not in all cases...
Its coming from experience and observation.. Hey its free... take it for what its worth

Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts
Default very effective plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2_immigrant View Post
I know lot of people on this forum at some point would want to start their own business either in their home country or here in USA. I encourage all members to post their ideas here.
I have very effective business plan, In the past, I have tested the business plan in my home state lab, who wants to be a partners in this business ? see, we have elections coming up, if our party get majority then all my business partners will get a big share..lets first count the head..I will disclose the plan sooner..many of you might be aware of my plan..I want to be a PM of India and let the US know that they made the big mistakes not permitting me US visa..

Old 03-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_modi View Post
I have very effective business plan, In the past, I have tested the business plan in my home state lab, who wants to be a partners in this business ? see, we have elections coming up, if our party get majority then all my business partners will get a big share..lets first count the head..I will disclose the plan sooner..many of you might be aware of my plan..I want to be a PM of India and let the US know that they made the big mistakes not permitting me US visa..
first u update ur profile, after that you can reveal all your plans...
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts
Default N/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro View Post
first u update ur profile, after that you can reveal all your plans...:d:d
n/a

Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Default n/a?

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_modi View Post
n/a
n/a => not in america? ha ha ha
have used AC21

Old 03-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have a dream..............

My dream is to take an Amway guy for lunch at a good desi buffet, and run away after lunch. Make Amway guy pay for both the lunches.

Give me green for my idea please.
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Talking I like the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1 View Post
My dream is to take an Amway guy for lunch at a good desi buffet, and run away after lunch. Make Amway guy pay for both the lunches.

... it's so funny....I would love to do that.....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Post The best business

Days are tough now and more and more people are getting laid off. After sitting at home for few days they think of doing a business. I guess they have some savings for that. After a while when the economy improves they would get back to jobs.

The best business is to help these community. One can start a business by providing them service such as making websites, visiting cards, regsitration of business, handling of business, selling pens with their name printed on it, mugs, connecting to the market by telling their ideas etc... These group of people are willing to spend money whereas the job market and other sectors don't want to spend money. Make the new entreupreurs your customers. I can't think of anything better than that.

I like the idea of taking the Amway guy for a buffet and run away and let him pay the bill. Afterall there are risk in business. This is one. Whenever i see a amway guy in a indian store, introducing himself. I always ask for some silly help like where is this, that etc.. and make him fetch those things from the aile.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1 View Post

In San antonio TX there is group of TCS guys. Whole group is into Amway business. I asked one of the guy how can he be H1 status when get 1099-Misc? They are waiting like Lion to attack new Indian Faces.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtz_wolfgang View Post
... it's so funny....I would love to do that.....
LOL...I gave you green..and I like that thought as I was once bitten

485 Approved 08/18/2010

Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Compare
BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts BECsufferer is infamous around these parts
Default collaborate is the way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by surabhi View Post

Which leads to my belief

If you are waiting for Eureka moment and become next google guys ... Good Luck (I mean in good way, not sarcastically). Anyways their is another easier way of innovation, and that is collaborate. Before I indulge into this, little light on what I do; I am a full time working mechanical engineer in aerospace industry and had been running events for my facility for past many years. An event is a group event where you enroll participants from different walks of business to get diverse response and ideas on new products or for problem solving.

Each year we desimate age old (since 1940's) product made by us to increase it's value or incorporate features that would meet VOC or out-bid competition. We had little success re-inventing what we make so have moved to philosophy of synerging with complimentary technologies. So say in simpler words, guy making manual hand drill collaborates with motor manufacturer and battery manufacturer and three of them put their individual products into one, to come up with what we commonly say, power drill. That is an example of synerging your products.

Now on this forum you don't know me and neither do I have any idea about you, leave out each others true intent. But I see untapped potential that if utilized in proper way can bring huge benefits to all participants. I am not talking about Amway rubbish, neither aspiring to become next Google guy, but want to incrementally grow and expand by setting up a group and eventually company, where we can collaborate to develop products or services benefiting from each others business insite. We will synergetically collaborate and come up with solutions that gives our idea a niche place. If you want to be into this, seriously only, PM me and we can intiate dialog. Remember I am as rookie into this as you maybe and I am not promising you promised land!