Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

View Poll Results: Who will be next Prime Minister of India
Manmohan Singh 62 34.25%
L. K. Advani 73 40.33%
Sonia Gandhi 4 2.21%
Rahul Gandhi 9 4.97%
Atal Bihari Bajpai 3 1.66%
Laloo Yadav 9 4.97%
Narendra Modi 27 14.92%
Jaylalita 9 4.97%
Mulayam Singh Yadav 3 1.66%
Other/ New candidate 18 9.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute GCKaMaara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
GCKaMaara is right, different people operate at different IQ level.

When there is so much of repeated junk in this thread from the people who think they are political strategist, then what's wrong in posting a fun youtube video twice?

If you took an authentic IQ test, whats your IQ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

You know what I used to think like this too.

President of India is put up in hotel and Saino&family in palace during Bhutan king coronation and they said Saino is personal guest of the royal family so may be that's ok.

Media on one hand calls this person homemaker (Priyanka Gandhi)and on the other hand reports that she is in Bangladesh having talks/dinner with Bangladesh PM with Bangladesh State providing security to her which looks like a official visit.Media doesn't mention in what nature is this offcial apart from NREG stuff which looks very fishy.

Just after UPA came to power Sonia goes to Russia in Reliance plane to meet with Putin.
I tried to find out why Sonia is in Russia but almost all the papers were excited about the reliance plane(could it be Anil's or Mukhesh's) but didn't say anything about Russia visit.I moved on and still don't what was it about though hoping it was something good for country and not revival of KGB connection(When U.S.S.R collapsed it was made public from KGB archive that Rajiv/Sonia were constant recipients of KGB money.?,it's anybody's guess ).

Then Sona/Rahul went to china and media was saying Sonia is trying to tell China that their family is back in power making it seem like monarchy within democracy.

When our company pays for cleaning agency to do the household cleaning for it's employees ,the help that comes to our house will take orders from us rite? Seems the same with some of these media guys.

What's interesting is people who call themselves cream of the top,(who say) can think clearly are willing to trust the future of their sons and well being of their daughters in the hands of this family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Most sickening part was UPA leaders only concentrated on abusing, denying and accusing. They never told the voters if they did any work in last 5 years. I know there wasn't a lot to tell but still the whole campaign is kind of useless...and the role of media is amazing, they just covered 5 people Maino Antonia, Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi, Advani & Modi as if nobody else exist in the country. Priyanka Gandhi wakes up every 5 years during elections and media runs after...How sick a country we are ???

Last edited by ita; 04-16-2009 at 01:31 PM.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

People's idea about patriotism is different.Like some folks
Spend hours drinking in the wake of Mumbai attacks
Say they would go back to India to fight if rumors about the war between India and Pak post Mumbai attacks is true.
So patriotic so much so that when IV avtar feature is introduced they even upload a soldier's picture albeit for few min.
When it comes to PM of India they would want western breed like Nostradamus kind Simon,Sweet voiced Susan or half Indian Saino.
Can we call them unpatriotic ?NO!! .That's their patriotism what if it is a bit different in style.(No I didn't spend time digging into anyon'es old posts.Just when someon'esr patriotism seemes interestingly interesting we get to remember some things)

Then moving to IQ:

Some people have such high IQ that they go into the mind of the anonymous members on a forum and find out that these members think they are political strategists ,just that they did a bad job at reading the mind.(None of the members that posted in this thread said they think they are political strategists if anything they repeatedly said that they are sharing what they know.But you know this IQ thing when it's on High it does strange things.)

Facts in politics (in general) and Indian politics in specific are intricately bonded and it's not much possible to state a new fact without stating already mentioned fact(as proof)
For major part of 60 years in Indian political scenario we are repeating the same family to hold top most position,we are repeating same mistakes, what's mere repetition of few facts on a forum.

( Though no one asked me directly) As always if I think I have to say something I will continue to do so.I'm not even wee bit interested in getting into personal attacks with anonymous members on an anonymous forum That's not why I come here.Also I have nothing against anyone.If I like someone's post I won't hold back my appreciation just because they didn't like my posts.

Now I hope they don't have a problem with the length of my post

Last edited by ita; 04-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

Ultimately everything boils down to corruption. Huge money is going down in the pockets of big media houses, it is so damn obvious...Hindustan times, IBN & NDTV carried pictures of Priyanka Gandhi's children for 3 days on the front page, I never saw pictures or anything on Chandrababu Naidu, Yedirappa, Badal, Gehlot, Shivraj Chauhan or for that reason anybody....these kids are more important than our grassroot leaders ? The family is talking about "Rahul kee Shaadee" and the whole media is printing that, nobody's asking them where were you and what you did in last 5 years ???

Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice
Default Narendra Modi

Quote:
Ultimately everything boils down to corruption. Huge money is going down in the pockets of big media houses, it is so damn obvious...Hindustan times, IBN & NDTV carried pictures of Priyanka Gandhi's children for 3 days on the front page, I never saw pictures or anything on Chandrababu Naidu, Yedirappa, Badal, Gehlot, Shivraj Chauhan or for that reason anybody....these kids are more important than our grassroot leaders ? The family is talking about "Rahul kee Shaadee" and the whole media is printing that, nobody's asking them where were you and what you did in last 5 years ???
www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/india-modi - Intresting article on Narendra Modi.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

I know on a humorous note I was thinking people who are married are worried about their family problems.People who are not married are worried about when they will get married.Don't know who has time to worry about some politicians marriage on top of that during elections time.

Quote:

Old 04-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Default Secularism

When Gadnhiji advocated secularism for India he did so because he believed in "Sarva Mata Sama Bhava"(The equality of all religions in which most of us believe).

When religious conversions are made fundamental right as per constitution the word 'Secularism' became a farce.A farce used by religious groups (that use either terror/deceit,abuse for conversions) and also by Macaulian Indians

(Today in India Hindus&others are 70%,Muslims 20%, Christians 10%)

Once the head count , behind which most of the religious groups are running is reached , once the figures are toppled then the mantra will be dominate and destroy(as what happened in rest of the world be it Latin America or else where, stands as example), not secularism which will be reduced to joke by then.

Read this interesting article about Modi

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1248155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeme View Post
www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/india-modi - Intresting article on Narendra Modi.

Last edited by ita; 04-16-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
GCKaMaara is right, different people operate at different IQ level.

When there is so much of repeated junk in this thread from the people who think they are political strategist, then what's wrong in posting a fun youtube video twice?

I can only laugh at you(r post).

Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Guys,

Unlike here in U.S people in India don't seem to be aware of what's going on around them.
Please do whatever you can in educating whoever you think would understand you.
Media is not doing the job of carrying news to people , increasing awareness of people.
It's just serving certain elements .

Here's Modi's appeal to NRIs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvtTZ7B-2pM

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts
Default NRI Voting rights?

Guys,

Poll is ok, but what about our voting rights? Many countries allow citizens to use proxy vote / vote by mail to exercise their rights... I remember that there was a bill in 2006 on the floor of parlement to allow this for NRI's and Congress party was dead against such a bill due to some reason... Not sure what happened after that...

Its rediculous that about a million folks in this country and many more around the world, (I believe 30 million or so NRI's in total) are deprived of their fundamental contitutional right to vote, well a small portion compared to total population. Its unfortunate.

Last edited by gapala; 04-20-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future
Default Manmohan not UPA's candidate for top job: Modi

This one is quite interesting...........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAVSARI/RAJULA: Taking the 'weak' prime minister charge further, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi said Manmohan Singh was the prime ministerial
candidate only of the Gandhis and not of the entire UPA.

"Only the mother (Sonia Gandhi), son (Rahul) and daughter (Priyanka) keep saying that Singh is PM candidate. He is the candidate of Sonia Gandhi's family," he said.

"Except for Sonia Gandhi's family, nobody is rooting for Singh. Even senior Congress leaders like Arjun Singh and Kamal Nath are not acknowledging him for the top job," he said addressing election rallies in Gujarat.

Modi appealed to the people to choose between 'dynastic and opportunistic rule' and a nationalist government.

Modi also said preferably the prime minister should be an elected one and not nominated.

"Elected PM reflects the strength of democracy while a nominated one depicts strength of dynastic rule. He should have the people's support not just one family's," Modi added.

He said NCP chief Sharad Pawar "wants to become a Prime Minister. On more than one occasion, his RJD counterpart and Railway Minister too has expressed a similar desire."

"Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh and BSP chief Mayawati too cannot be ruled out for the job," Modi said.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Congress was against NRI voting rights.They even said that if voting rights were to be given to NRI' then it should be given first to Indians in Gulf and other Muslim countries.It's anybody's guess why?

Forget about voting rights to NRIs if congress gets power another time they are going to introduce reservations in Defense.No system in India into which reservations have been introduced stayed strong.This wold be ultimate insult and a death blow to the country.

Like Muslims in Gujarat that have realized that Congress would keep them along with others in the country in poverty after taking their votes, hope all the other Muslims in the country realize it soon.Unfortunate thing is people who are self proclaimed cream of the top,that can think clearly and people who listen to this cream of the top are playing into the deceit of this party

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapala View Post
Guys,

Poll is ok, but what about our voting rights? Many countries allow citizens to use proxy vote / vote by mail to exercise their rights... I remember that there was a bill in 2006 on the floor of parlement to allow this for NRI's and Congress party was dead against such a bill due to some reason... Not sure what happened after that...

Its rediculous that about a million folks in this country and many more around the world, (I believe 30 million or so NRI's in total) are deprived of their fundamental contitutional right to vote, well a small portion compared to total population. Its unfortunate.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Modi did a fabulous job at ripping the congress candidates apart this time.
Apart from feeble retorts from Priyanka no sound came from other members.Funny Rahul Gandhi,touted to be future PM by the party was ducking for cover with 'I don't react' statement repeatedly.

One funny instance:

Congress wanted to make youth a selling point.
Modi was like OK and then he goes 125 year old(budiya) Congress is not able to understand the problems of current day India.So vote for 30 year old BJP.

In response to this Priyanka did the most dumbest thing, she goes about asking Media folks and Amethi people if she looks old?(kya mein budiya lagti hun?) Do Sonia,Rahul look old ,thus playing directly into the hands of opposition.

BJP said when we are talking about Congress party these people are talking about their age.So Congress is Mataji,Putri,Putra(Mother,Daughter,Son).

Quote:
This one is quite interesting...........
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAVSARI/RAJULA: Taking the 'weak' prime minister charge further, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi said Manmohan Singh was the prime ministerial
candidate only of the Gandhis and not of the entire UPA.

"Only the mother (Sonia Gandhi), son (Rahul) and daughter (Priyanka) keep saying that Singh is PM candidate. He is the candidate of Sonia Gandhi's family," he said.

"Except for Sonia Gandhi's family, nobody is rooting for Singh. Even senior Congress leaders like Arjun Singh and Kamal Nath are not acknowledging him for the top job," he said addressing election rallies in Gujarat.

Modi appealed to the people to choose between 'dynastic and opportunistic rule' and a nationalist government.

Modi also said preferably the prime minister should be an elected one and not nominated.

"Elected PM reflects the strength of democracy while a nominated one depicts strength of dynastic rule. He should have the people's support not just one family's," Modi added.

He said NCP chief Sharad Pawar "wants to become a Prime Minister. On more than one occasion, his RJD counterpart and Railway Minister too has expressed a similar desire."

"Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh and BSP chief Mayawati too cannot be ruled out for the job," Modi said.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future
Default The educated illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
When Gadnhiji advocated secularism for India he did so because he believed in "Sarva Mata Sama Bhava"(The equality of all religions in which most of us believe).

When religious conversions are made fundamental right as per constitution the word 'Secularism' became a farce.A farce used by religious groups (that use either terror/deceit,abuse for conversions) and also by Macaulian Indians

(Today in India Hindus&others are 70%,Muslims 20%, Christians 10%)

Once the head count , behind which most of the religious groups are running is reached , once the figures are toppled then the mantra will be dominate and destroy(as what happened in rest of the world be it Latin America or else where, stands as example), not secularism which will be reduced to joke by then.
A quick fact check : Muslims are about 13.5% and christians are about 2% of india's population. So instead of 30% of india belonging to these two groups per your numbers, it is actually closer to 15%. Right wing extremists group use these exagerrated numbers to drive more gullible people into their communal parties. But you get those numbers from VHP/RSS. Check it tomorrow and it could be close to 40% !

It is religious freedom, not religious conversion. And thanks for enlightening us about the global plan to decimate indians by racking up numbers on their side. Are all of the indians coming to US have a similar plan because I am not aware of it.

Spreading fear and hatred using lies and stoking communal feeling to get votes is nothing new. Seeing educated people do it with such fervour is new.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Barbados
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts Khujaokutta is infamous around these parts
Default Next Prime Minister of India Bullietin

should be ' NO CHANGE'

i.e. continue with what we had for the past 5 years

India deserves nothing but the best and so there should be 'No Change' in leadership

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.