Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

View Poll Results: Who will be next Prime Minister of India
Manmohan Singh 62 34.25%
L. K. Advani 73 40.33%
Sonia Gandhi 4 2.21%
Rahul Gandhi 9 4.97%
Atal Bihari Bajpai 3 1.66%
Laloo Yadav 9 4.97%
Narendra Modi 27 14.92%
Jaylalita 9 4.97%
Mulayam Singh Yadav 3 1.66%
Other/ New candidate 18 9.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

You missing one thing in your stats .Year.You were looking at post independence records?No don't' answer me get yourself the answer.You go check your stats.I shared this link before ,which you so mightily pushed aside.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
That's why I say read everything I write then you wouldn't be here with your rant about hate crap.

Also no I never went through the numbers from VHP/RSS.As some one from Hyderabad I'm very well aware about how good the official stats are.I'm aware of the tricks wherein a minority family of 15 says they are just 4 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1026 View Post
A quick fact check : Muslims are about 13.5% and christians are about 2% of india's population. So instead of 30% of india belonging to these two groups per your numbers, it is actually closer to 15%.

I must say you defined yourself right.Educated Illiterate.I'll give that one to you.

A lie told 100 times can be made to look like truth.You can throw this crap at any anyone trying to reason out sense into your types.
Empty stomachs were refused food post tsunami until they agreed to take up certain religion by the so called preachers of religion. Post Tsunami many villages (entire villages) were abused and converted.(People who lost almost everything in the calamity suddenly have all the time in the world to think about religious freedom and conversion volunraity right?)
Just know this you are fooling no one with words like secularism,religious freedom which you use when it suits you.
Quite a religious freedom .

You have something sensible to say start saying with facts.Not with that tried out 'spreading fear and hatred' crap.

Quote:
It is religious freedom, not religious conversion. And thanks for enlightening us about the global plan to decimate indians by racking up numbers on their side. Are all of the indians coming to US have a similar plan because I am not aware of it.
Spreading fear and hatred using lies and stoking communal feeling to get votes is nothing new. Seeing educated people do it with such fervour is new.

Shows your desperation.Please don't turn this into personal attack or religious attack.Talk sensible stuff or resign.I won't take your personal digs.

Quote:
Are all of the indians coming to US have a similar plan because I am not aware of it.
When India shines with the efforts of sensible people you shine too(only to come to US and talk about 'fear and hatred crap')
If India sinks because of your illiterate tactics, know this, you may be fine but there will scores of people from all religions in not so good situation as the selfish breed like you would be in.

Quote:
A quick fact check : Muslims are about 13.5% and christians are about 2% of india's population. So instead of 30% of india belonging to these two groups per your numbers, it is actually closer to 15%.Right wing extremists group use these exagerrated numbers to drive more gullible people into their communal parties. But you get those numbers from VHP/RSS. Check it tomorrow and it could be close to 40% !

It is religious freedom, not religious conversion. And thanks for enlightening us about the global plan to decimate indians by racking up numbers on their side. Are all of the indians coming to US have a similar plan because I am not aware of it.

Spreading fear and hatred using lies and stoking communal feeling to get votes is nothing new. Seeing educated people do it with such fervour is new.

Last edited by ita; 04-20-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts
Default It's more than religion

Several Websites(Not RSS/VHP) says Christians are 6% now, Muslims are certainly more than 17-18% as millions of Bangladeshi Infiltirators are unaccounted. It is very evident from the fact as Muslim Votes are the deciding factor in the almost most areas of NorthEast, UP, Bihar & West Bengal and that is the only reason, Samajwadi Party & Congress start the Babri Maszid rhetoric just before elections. As most of the posts I see here problem most people have with congress is their Defacto presidentship to the Nehru Dynasty, without counting their contribution to the country. Corruption in media to cover the family from day to night without holding them responsible for all the mess they have created for India in last 60 years. I would have had no problem with Manmohan Singh if he had ruled our country independently, if "Rahul Gandhi" and "Priyanka Gandhi" & "Sonia Gandhi" had to look into the mirror before endorsing him..They completely made a mockery of our democracy by putting puppets in PM's Office, President's office, CEC, CBI and what not. I wish It was Narsimha Rao or a Self Respectful leader who could stand tall infront of the dynasty, but Manmohan Singh sold himself...
Quote:
A quick fact check : Muslims are about 13.5% and christians are about 2% of india's population. So instead of 30% of india belonging to these two groups per your numbers, it is actually closer to 15%. Right wing extremists group use these exagerrated numbers to drive more gullible people into their communal parties. But you get those numbers from VHP/RSS. Check it tomorrow and it could be close to 40% !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts

You want the people to be stuck in the black hole for another 5 years ? Here are some facts about Mr. Manmohan Singh....
1) Three of his Cabinet ministers belonging to DMK/NCP/PMK after travelling abroad --including to Tax Havens refused to give reports of their foreign trips to PMO. PMO Could not /did not do anything

2) The HRD minster Arjun singh did not attend any Cabinet meetings under Singh --the mumbling PM could not /did not even ask for an explanation.

3) He was forced to give pensions for Marxists Terrorists of Telengana who fought against the Indian state in 1948 -under freedom fighters category . He did not have guts to point out that you cannot give such pensions to those who fought the Indian army

4) He donated nearly Rs.60 Crores to Cambridge[ to celebrate the admission of Nehru] and Harvard [ Perhaps to reduce the Stock Market losses! of their funds] when Indian institutions are crying for funds. He fumbled when he was "instructed" by number 10.

5) He Promised a Terror Law in a Governor's Conference to be over ruled by his own Party's Spokesperson who got instructions from number 10

6) DMK Chief announced the new Cabinet Minister [ Raja] for Tele communication from Chennai—instead of PMO announcing the new Cabinet Minster.

7) As a Finance Minister in 1991 --his first task was to grant Rs.100 Crores for Rajiv Foundation and was over ruled by PVN after a hue and cry.The same obeisance he showed as PM to number 10.

8) He's plainly & cunningly refusing to contest election, simply seeking backdoor entry to the PMO, thru the puupet string from number 10

9) Plainly refused to debate with LK Advani, reason ?? Don't have a single credit to talk about.

Also in case you haven't visited India in last 5 years and don't know the ground realities and all our knowledge is based on Indian media(NDTV, IBN, Hindustan times) , here's a clip from CAG report which will tell you how poor this govt's performance was

" CAG report on NREGA has said that out of the 3.81 crore rural households that registered under the scheme, only 22 lakh households — a mere 6% — got 100 days of legally guaranteed employment; project completion rate in National Highways fell from 81% in 2004-05 to 17% in 2007-2008; the 11th Plan had set a target of adding 90,700 MW of power; yet in its first seven quarters, a mere 10,877 MW has been added; and leakages continue unabated and unchecked in PDS. Given the Manmohan Singh government’s well-earned reputation for weakness on these issues, convincing the electorate will be no mean task."

you can read the whole article at

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...78.cms?curpg=1

If you have more please add here.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khujaokutta View Post
should be ' NO CHANGE'

i.e. continue with what we had for the past 5 years

India deserves nothing but the best and so there should be 'No Change' in leadership

Last edited by vivid_bharti; 04-21-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Sonia has this immense lust for money and power.Though I'm least interested in her antics during Indira Gandhi regime and Rajiv Gandhi regime I'll add few lines.

Apparently precious antiques were moved from chennai to Italy.Near Orbassano where her mother lives there are two antique shops called Ethnica in Revlota and Ganpathi.These are blue collar areas.Her birth certificate says she was born in Turin but she told parliament that she was born in Orbassano.

Media says that she is from middle class family.But apparently there were few journalists who went to her town in Italy and apparently she comes from very poor family in Italy.

Middle class or poor family a person working as an aupair girl went to same restaurant as to the one to which elite folks like grandson and son of a coutnry's PM would go is interesting.Kind of unimaginable even in these days of reduced economic disparities as rich folks have their own hanging out spots.
There was something about Opus Dei,KGB thing mentioned in connection with Sonia in some articles.

Disclaimer
I found this on Internet but don't know what is the truth.For all I know she could be very nice person that could have happened to India in specific and earth in general.

That said in 1984 Rajiv apparently was reluctant to get into PM post.Pranab Mukherjee who is rightly called as living encyclopedia by many was very ambitious to become PM.P V Narasimha Rao who was kind of Indira's right hand man was not expressive about his ambitions.Sonia convinced Rajiv to accept PM job and Pranab was sidelined as every one knew about his ambition which led to his leaving Congress though he rejoined later.Rajiv who was neither interested in politics nor was astute mismanaged things much to the embarrassment of this aides.In some cases his own aides let out secrets about his scams.

In 1992 Sonia opted for PVN thinking he would take orders from her.After he got into the job he refused to take orders from 10,Janpath.That's the famous rift between Sonia and PV.

After PV's 5 year term she had Sitram Kesari be the Congress president which didn't work out .She stepped into the party.Apparently once upon a time Congress party like BJP or any other political party had a constitution where the president and state CM were to be elected by party members.After Sonia got into party president role she had the constitution changed, so for ages to come Congress party's reins will be in the hands of Nehru-Gandhi family members.They and not party members will elect all the chief candidates of the party who will have to take orders from them.

All the nonsense that media writes and her biography says about she going into privacy shell for eight years after 1992 is just fairytalish makeup to her story.

Last edited by ita; 04-21-2009 at 01:12 AM.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future

You said
Quote:
(Today in India Hindus&others are 70%,Muslims 20%, Christians 10%)
I countered that this is a standard ring wing propanga. Minorities are not 30% of india as you claim but about 15%. I checked wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India and CIA at https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/in.html. Offcourse, per you, everybody has a plan against Hindus and wikipedia and CIA are in on it.

Quote:
No don't' answer me get yourself the answer.You go check your stats.
Quote:
That's why I say read everything I write
Easy. You are not teaching in the RSS classroom so you need to be logical, not vocal.

Quote:
I'm very well aware about how good the official stats are.I'm aware of the tricks wherein a minority family of 15 says they are just 4
Crap, you are in on the minorities plan. You are something...or just plan Racist. And since you seem to like stats, if 15 minorities are counted as only 4 in the census that would change the current muslim proportion from 13.5% to about 50%. Easy, don't loose sleep, it is just your lies and racist views.

As for everyone having some secret plan, that was sarcasm, not desperation

Quote:
When India shines with the efforts of sensible people you shine too(only to come to US and talk about 'fear and hatred crap')
If India sinks because of your illiterate tactics, know this, you may be fine but there will scores of people from all religions in not so good situation as the selfish breed like you would be in.
Get over the thought that you represent India. Your hegemonous, racist view is a vocal but small and unfortunate part of the Great fiber of India.

PS: Who is the one shooting crap to see what sticks and who is desperate. I never wrote one line supporting congress/TDP/BJD but lets see how far you go to discredit someone

Quote:
There was something about Opus Dei,KGB thing mentioned in connection with Sonia in some articles.
Quote:
I tried to find out why Sonia is in Russia but almost all the papers were excited about the reliance plane(could it be Anil's or Mukhesh's) but didn't say anything about Russia visit.I moved on and still don't what was it about though hoping it was something good for country and not revival of KGB connection(When U.S.S.R collapsed it was made public from KGB archive that Rajiv/Sonia were constant recipients of KGB money.?,it's anybody's guess
Quote:
Her birth certificate says she was born in Turin but she told parliament that she was born in Orbassano.
And that is bad because ....... Oh well

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Quote:
Get over the thought that you represent India
Is this what you read into my 'India shining through sincere efforts of some people' line?
I'm glad at least you read so much.Here I'm trying to convince you that you also represent India, you ask me to stop thinking I represent India.We all represent India (in what ever minuscule way it may be) so we need to get serious about it.That's what this whole thread is about.Don't run to Wiki now

Quote:
but lets see how far you go to discredit someone
On one hand you say these are misdeeds ,when attributed to someone it amounts to discrediting them(Again I'm glad you didn't say I or some one I know have committed these deeds and trying to push on your beloved politician...oh wait you are not batting for anyone right?)
Quote:
And that is bad because ....... Oh well
and then you wonder if it is bad.Talk of ambivalence.This line shows not just your ambivalence but much more. You find nothing wrong in lying to the state.That cool uh?

This speaks volumes about your attitude and it's highly unnecessary for me to comment further.
Generally speaking :
There is huge difference between a guy who thinks of his house as a guest house or a Hotel and a guy who thinks of his house as his home.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default guys lighten up

I could not stop laughing.....What this lady will discuss ???? People who should be discussing this have been sleeping so they sent this lady, how funny...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prez Patil to discuss anti-terror strategy with Spain

Madrid, April 21: Forging bilateral strategies to combat terrorism, boosting trade and investments and consolidating ties with the European Union will be high on the agenda as President Pratibha Patil starts high-level parleys with the Spanish leadership here on Tuesday.

Patil, who arrived in Spanish capital last night with a delegation comprising Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Ashwani Kumar and senior officials of the Ministry of External Affairs, will hold meetings with King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia later in the day.

Maintaining that both Spain and India are victims of the scourge of terrorism, the President told reporters onboard her aircraft that the two countries share the common challenges and the common determination to strengthen the forces of peace, security and development.

Though the issue of terrorism will be high on the agenda of deliberations between the leaders of India and Spain, "it has to be seen what the other country brings to the table during the talks," officials said.

The visit comes in the backdrop of reports of presence of al-Qaeda's network in Spain, which is also suffering at the hands of Basque group ETA, which has been identified as a terrorist outfit by the Spanish government.

India and Spain have agreed "in principle" to work closely on bilateral strategies to combat the menace and the process is "underway", Kumar said.

Bureau Report