Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

View Poll Results: Who will be next Prime Minister of India
Manmohan Singh 62 34.25%
L. K. Advani 73 40.33%
Sonia Gandhi 4 2.21%
Rahul Gandhi 9 4.97%
Atal Bihari Bajpai 3 1.66%
Laloo Yadav 9 4.97%
Narendra Modi 27 14.92%
Jaylalita 9 4.97%
Mulayam Singh Yadav 3 1.66%
Other/ New candidate 18 9.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
How about rajinikanth, vijaykanth, kamalhasan..........

Amitab bachan, hrithick, shah rukh..............

If Imran khan has come in to politics why not Azharuddin ?

We can keep guessing but you know who is the right guy ,

Abdul kalaam (can a president become a prime minister too again or something will limit him not to).

Or deport bobby jindal there and make him india PM so that he can release statements about US from there
If vijayakanth becomes PM...we dont have to worry about pak terror any more.
By talk itself this guy will kill every one...

By the way I also nominate T.Rajendar...

Why would only we suffer.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Not a prediction, but a wish.

I wish India allows absentee ballot.

The way things are right now, as NRIs, we can't even register ourselves in the electoral rolls even if we want to plan a trip to India to conincide with election time.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond007 View Post
I wish India allows absentee ballot.

The way things are right now, as NRIs, we can't even register ourselves in the electoral rolls even if we want to plan a trip to India to conincide with election time.
You can register to vote as long as you have a permanent address in India, which is pretty much anyone except a US citizen. Voting itself is inconvenient as you have to travel to your constituency for that.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I am just wondering.....
when will the day come when a lot of us will rush to Delhi.....braving the cold/heat....stand for hours........dancing to tunes of pop singers......while awaiting our beloved PM to show up and take oath of office........just like hundreds of thousands did when obama took office.........
I am just wondering.....
will any one of us spend money to travel to Delhi to witness the next swearing cermony, assuming it where held in an open place, lets say raj ghat or something like that.
I am wondering.....
when will that charismatic leader (with really good intentions and sence of direction) emerge? from, a billion? Why is it taking so long? Is the whole germ pool spoiled? why dont we get the good ones to lead such populated nations? I dont have a clue about where and with whom the problem lies....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect there will be better leaders from the generation born after 1947. The next rung of leadership like Mayawati, Modi, Nitish Kumar, Shivraj Chauhan are all born after independence.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Please post the wedding night video

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21sticon View Post
widower zardari will be marrying kumari mayawati just after election to unite subcontinent and bring peace to world.
...:d:d:d

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute
Default no leaders

I cannot think of any one good leader left in india. not one who can rise above self-interest and narrow mentality. Can you imagine any one of the so called leaders that was mentioned in this list leading the nation, and not be a laughing stock? remember deva gowda at davos...made a mockery of India there. Mayawati/modi, etc. what kind of leadership qualities (international affairs/finance/etc) do they have? the only kind of experience they have is gundaism, and creating conflicts with caste, culture and religion.
I wish most of the current class of leaders were erased, and a new class of leaders were brought in. Sadly that'll never happen with the kind of democratic setup we have. in the name of representation, we are debarring intellects, and people with broad vision from joining politics.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 03-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
I cannot think of any one good leader left in india. not one who can rise above self-interest and narrow mentality. Can you imagine any one of the so called leaders that was mentioned in this list leading the nation, and not be a laughing stock? remember deva gowda at davos...made a mockery of India there. Mayawati/modi, etc. what kind of leadership qualities (international affairs/finance/etc) do they have? the only kind of experience they have is gundaism, and creating conflicts with caste, culture and religion.
I wish most of the current class of leaders were erased, and a new class of leaders were brought in. Sadly that'll never happen with the kind of democratic setup we have. in the name of representation, we are debarring intellects, and people with broad vision from joining politics.
Why do you forget Mulayam Singh? He has a great quality of pampering muslims and giving tickets to Gundas. He scored #1 in that.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all shree19772000 is a name known to all
Default Lovvvvvvvvvve to see Mr. Narendra Modi as PM

Love to see narendra modi as PM but I know that's far from happening. I would bet on LK for now.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your party has to win first

Your party has to win first before you can become a PM. Right???
How do you know that any of these guys will be a PM before their party wins. This is not Indian PM Idol.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/28/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future number30 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
I am just wondering.....
when will the day come when a lot of us will rush to Delhi.....braving the cold/heat....stand for hours........dancing to tunes of pop singers......while awaiting our beloved PM to show up and take oath of office........just like hundreds of thousands did when obama took office.........
I am just wondering.....
will any one of us spend money to travel to Delhi to witness the next swearing cermony, assuming it where held in an open place, lets say raj ghat or something like that.
I am wondering.....
when will that charismatic leader (with really good intentions and sence of direction) emerge? from, a billion? Why is it taking so long? Is the whole germ pool spoiled? why dont we get the good ones to lead such populated nations? I dont have a clue about where and with whom the problem lies....
Get Powar He can ask the IPL guys to bring some Cheer girls .

And Gowda is missing from the list. Last time when Lallu said 'Bring some Gadha/ Godha' He came again running saying I am Godha , I am Godha

Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts
Default what abt the other moron,

people went to see another guy taking oath too, who caused recent genocide in Iraq.. Indian PMs are way better than that asshole. Atleast they are only corrupt and dont cause genocide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
I am just wondering.....
I am just wondering.....
I am wondering.....

Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts
Default MMS is the best bet

Indian democracy can throw many surprises
I think UPA will get 273 and if that's the case then MMS
If NDA get's 273 (which is highly unlikely) then Advani (no Modi...otherwise also Modi's communal qualifications are pretty widespread outside of Gujarat). I like the guy but seriously PM of India and CM of Gujarat are 2 different things.

And if Third front comes to power (they just need around 200 as once they get 200 there will be breakaway groups from UPA and NDA so they can touch 273)

then we will see real democracy (read lust for power)

First 6 month Mayawati >> Followed by Jayalalita for 6 months >> Followed by some one from LEFT (comorades work in groups..not sure who will be graced by politburo)

Above cycle will be repetitive >> and Govt will collapse when Mayawati will complete her second 6 months Tenure.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marphad View Post
Waiting for reply to learn this.

Ek Student Gyan ki bhiksha maang raha hai bachcha.
Still waiting. Can someone volunteer to teach me how to edit poll options after created?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddipati1 View Post
people went to see another guy taking oath too, who caused recent genocide in Iraq.. Indian PMs are way better than that asshole. Atleast they are only corrupt and dont cause genocide.

are you sure?? or did you mean that they did not have the means to make that much damage??? US could afford Bush because, see what is happening now... an almost perfect young and highly motivated guy is cleaning up the mess. but that is not the case in india. each one leaves the office with more mess.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.