Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great opportunity for IV to insert agenda

Portions of DREAM bill introduced in both houses say that children of ilegal immigrants will be allowed pathway to citizenship if;
Have arrived here at the age of 15 or under;
Have lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years;
Graduate from high school;
Serve in the military or attend college for at least two years; and
Have good moral character.

Now our children (children of legal immigrants)? do they qualify under any of these that are cited above? Infact yes, they do under all of these. If they can introduce bills to consider the children of undocumented / ilegal immigrants, why is there no pathway for citizenship for the children of legal immigrants? Ofcourse they fall under our petitions, but they should be given priority over the others, particularly since their parents pay the most tax/social security etc etc.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Durbin (father of Dream Act) hates us. He loves to grand stand for "children of undocumented" "the down torn, the poor, the under privileged" and thinks we are like spoilt rich kid. This is a good thought, but who will bell the cat? Durbin is totally irrational when it comes to children of legal and undocumented. Not sure that you know this, but just thought of laying the facts as they are.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Pandi has a spectacular aura about Pandi has a spectacular aura about
Default Good Points to include

Thanks to Thomachan (for highlighting why legal immigrant's children should be considered in the Dream Act) and Sanju ( for focussing on the key decision makers who can influence this). I am sure we can make atleast an attempt to get this included. . This will help legal immigrants with children in high school and college to a large extent.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Durbin (father of Dream Act) hates us. He loves to grand stand for "children of undocumented" "the down torn, the poor, the under privileged" and thinks we are like spoilt rich kid. This is a good thought, but who will bell the cat? Durbin is totally irrational when it comes to children of legal and undocumented. Not sure that you know this, but just thought of laying the facts as they are..
I understand what you want to convey. However, let us imagine a situation;
1) a senator / representative introduces an amendment saying "children of legal immigrants who are stuck in the backlogg of visa applicants and have abided by the rules that apply to those mentioned for children of ilegal immigrants, should be given precedence when allotting the required green cards". This is because these kids also "have been in this land for long, know of no other land other than this, have abided by rules and also in most cases are the best performing in the schools/colleges. they will serve particularly to raise the standard of education in the US on the long run".

I cant imagine how they can deny this amendment if at all tha majority wishes to pass the Dream act. This way atleast we can help the kids of our friends who have kids and are waiting for ever in line.

I would like to hear what IV seniors have to say about this. if they consider that we will esentially be linking us to the ilegals by doing this, I would say; There is no way that there is going to be any help comming (legally) for us regarding reduction of backlogg, so why not atleast get the future generation a slight push and we can still continue to wait for our turn.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

A small amendment for this bill could make everyone including high skilled and low skilled happy.

Have arrived here at the age of 75 or under;
Delete the section Serve in the military or attend college for at least two years

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Portions of DREAM bill introduced in both houses say that children of ilegal immigrants will be allowed pathway to citizenship if;
Have arrived here at the age of 15 or under;
Have lived in the U.S. for at least 5 years;
Graduate from high school;
Serve in the military or attend college for at least two years; and
Have good moral character.

Now our children (children of legal immigrants)? do they qualify under any of these that are cited above? Infact yes, they do under all of these. If they can introduce bills to consider the children of undocumented / ilegal immigrants, why is there no pathway for citizenship for the children of legal immigrants? Ofcourse they fall under our petitions, but they should be given priority over the others, particularly since their parents pay the most tax/social security etc etc.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
A small amendment for this bill could make everyone including high skilled and low skilled happy.

Have arrived here at the age of 75 or under;
Delete the section Serve in the military or attend college for at least two years
Humor sense sometimes becomes sore if used in the wrond place my friend. If you feel the opinion was irrational pls state your arguement against it rather than posting a mocking comment.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

I completely understand that nothing is ever going to happen in favor of legal immigrants. However, when I saw what really the dream act meant to do, I just thought we should get some senators involved and aware of the plight about the kids of the legal community too. One of my friend has 2 kids and he has been waiting now for over 6 years every single day of that in perfect legal status. what wrong did the kids do? why dont they compare equal to the ilegal kids who are going to be blessed by this bill if it is passed. I am sure IV might not have enough will for this since many of the leaders might not have kids but atleast look at others who have kids and always face the dreaded scenario of having to uproot them from their schools/friendships in case of immigration-related issues.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.