Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vjone will become famous soon enough
Default One more VISA scam

HOUSTON: A federal jury has found five people guilty of conspiring to obtain fraudulent work visas for nearly 90 Indian nationals in exchange for at
least $20,000 per visa, the US Attorney's Office said.

Mahendrakumar "Mack" Patel, 55, Rakesh Patel, 36, Alberto Pena, 38, Bernardo Pena, 38, and Marte Othon Villar Sr, 48, encouraged and induced the illegal immigration of Indian nationals in exchange for tens of thousands of dollars per visa, a statement from the US Attorney's Office said yesterday.

The jury found that Alberto and Bernardo Pena, twin brothers from Brownsville, along with co-defendants had encouraged and induced 87 individuals from Gujarat to unlawfully enter US on temporary H-2B visas, knowing that the Indian nationals did not intend to work for the company that was used to get visas for them.

The brothers also knew that the visa-seekers did not intend to return to India when their 10-month visas expired, a statement said.

Pena twins also travelled to India to assist the Indian nationals with the application process and visited and corresponded with the US Consulate in Mumbai.

Two other co-defendants -- Mack Patel of Ft Worth and Rakesh Patel, a Houston pharmacist -- pleaded guilty for recruiting Indian citizens who were willing to pay $20,000 to $60,000 in exchange for visas to enter the United States

Link : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/4359174.cms
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

interesting that you created an account just to post this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjone View Post
HOUSTON: A federal jury has found five people guilty of conspiring to obtain fraudulent work visas for nearly 90 Indian nationals in exchange for at

Mahendrakumar "Mack" Patel, 55, Rakesh Patel, 36, Alberto Pena, 38, Bernardo Pena, 38, and Marte Othon Villar Sr, 48, encouraged and induced the illegal immigration of Indian nationals in exchange for tens of thousands of dollars per visa, a statement from the US Attorney's Office said yesterday.

The jury found that Alberto and Bernardo Pena, twin brothers from Brownsville, along with co-defendants had encouraged and induced 87 individuals from Gujarat to unlawfully enter US on temporary H-2B visas, knowing that the Indian nationals did not intend to work for the company that was used to get visas for them.

The brothers also knew that the visa-seekers did not intend to return to India when their 10-month visas expired, a statement said.

Pena twins also travelled to India to assist the Indian nationals with the application process and visited and corresponded with the US Consulate in Mumbai.

Two other co-defendants -- Mack Patel of Ft Worth and Rakesh Patel, a Houston pharmacist -- pleaded guilty for recruiting Indian citizens who were willing to pay $20,000 to $60,000 in exchange for visas to enter the United States

Old 04-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Did you get the same response when you post your first message.

I dd'nt know a way to post with out registering ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 View Post
interesting that you created an account just to post this...

Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM
ganguteli

Quote:

you created a new account just to post this?

Let us talk about what good immigrants have done like opening companies, creating jobs, inventions etc.

Last edited by ganguteli; 04-06-2009 at 04:47 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Did'nt you read Mr. 485Mbe4001 posting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
you created a new account just to post this?

Let us talk about what good immigrants have done like opening companies, creating jobs, inventions etc.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

i have gotten everything from multiple !@#'s to great but that is not the point. Your profile is empty, there is very little information about you and the first thing you post is something about how H1's getting scammed. To me it would look like a post from an anti immigrant basher trying to muddy the waters. How does this post help any one?..you could have just added it in the news section. Was this article so important that you had to create a dummy profile and post something. You were in such a hurry that you could not be bothered with entering some information about you...isnt it strange...maybe you are normal guy who just read something during your lunch break and wanted to share it with everybody...who knows... A first post could be something like...'i just joined, i have a PD of xxx and i would like to help' would'nt you agree that this is much better than posting something that doesnt help the immigrant community.

Quote:
Did you get the same response when you post your first message.

I dd'nt know a way to post with out registering ..

Last edited by 485Mbe4001; 04-06-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I guess I did posted in general section. I did not noticed other news sections ...as you can see I am new here.
And if you just want positive posts ....thats good.

Then leave some negative thinking,

I dont have any other details other than ..what I have on my profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 485Mbe4001 View Post
i have gotten everything from multiple !@#'s to great but that is not the point. Your profile is empty, there is very little information about you and the first thing you post is something about how H1's getting scammed. To me it would look like a post from an anti immigrant basher trying to muddy the waters. How does this post help any one?..you could have just added it in the news section. Was this article so important that you had to create a dummy profile and post something. You were in such a hurry that you could not be bothered with entering some information about you...isnt it strange...maybe you are normal guy who just read something during your lunch break and wanted to share it with everybody...who knows... A first post could be something like...'i just joined, i have a PD of xxx and i would like to help' would'nt you agree that this is much better than posting something that doesnt help the immigrant community.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guess I did posted in general section. I did not noticed other news sections ...as you can see I am new here.
And if you just want positive posts ....thats good.

Then leave some negative thinking,

I dont have any other details other than ..what I have on my profile.
Friend, with all due respect; what the members requested was to post some information about yourself. are you a immigrant? do you have any application pending / approved etc.
This helps us identify with you as a group.
Thanks for bringing this visa abuse issue to our attention. Just as in any other trade, surely there are many abusers, however, this economy fueled itself to the top of the world in a lot of things using talents from around the world and that was mainly via the temporary work visas including H1b. Now you might meet 1 person in say 100000 who falls into the catagory you mentioned and none of us entertain such people with any respect.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you thomachan72.

Sure I will. I have no application pending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Friend, with all due respect; what the members requested was to post some information about yourself. are you a immigrant? do you have any application pending / approved etc.
This helps us identify with you as a group.
Thanks for bringing this visa abuse issue to our attention. Just as in any other trade, surely there are many abusers, however, this economy fueled itself to the top of the world in a lot of things using talents from around the world and that was mainly via the temporary work visas including H1b. Now you might meet 1 person in say 100000 who falls into the catagory you mentioned and none of us entertain such people with any respect.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you thomachan72.

Sure I will. I have no application pending.
If you are an immigrant whatís your status...Tell us more about you.

If not, whatís the purpose of you are visiting IV. Just teach about the scam?

The ICE, USCIS and DOL are there and very much capable to take care these scams. So if you have any information about the fraud...contact those authorities. We donít have anything to do with that. Otherwise please get lost.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold EB3_SEP04 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
If you are an immigrant what’s your status...Tell us more about you.

If not, what’s the purpose of you are visiting IV. Just teach about the scam?

The ICE, USCIS and DOL are there and very much capable to take care these scams. So if you have any information about the fraud...contact those authorities. We don’t have anything to do with that. Otherwise please get lost.
C'mon dude, i wouldn't use the word "get lost" for someone who has kept cool and putting up thoughts without using extreme/harsg words. even if you suspect the person could be from anti-immigrant group, I don't think it's appropriate to sentence someone based on suspicion.

Dear vjone, like somebody said above, there is no profession where there are no fraud people, there are fraud doctors, fraud lawyers, fraud religious leaders(are there any good ones?), fraud teachers you name it. Posts like yours are welcome, they help us remember that there could be fraud happening around you and you gotta be careful. But in case you are not immigrant and the news made you believe that the %age of such fraud people among legal immigrants is significant then let me assure you that it is not, in fact work-visa community is at the top of the list of cleanest/noble communities. Their contribution to national prosperity and keeping America is # 1 is among the highest. In a way they are the soldiers with keyboards in their hands, fighting for America.

You are more than welcome to express your thoughts as long as they are in line with the goal/mission of this site.

Last edited by EB3_SEP04; 04-06-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future ss1026 has a brilliant future
Default We have to be more tolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyinsfo View Post
Who r u to ask him to get lost??? Just becoz u have so many greens dozn't mean that u can rule the roost. Therez something called as freedom of speech and hez just using it. Its a free forum and u cant dictate terms here while u r a member here urself. Accept the truth and live with it. Whyz that some desis get so offended when someone rightly points out the dirty behavior of desi employers? He has a point and u need to respect that. And yes this is immigration related and causes awareness among the legal immigrant community. If that dozn't get into ur thick skull then God knows what doz. Maybe visa bulletin monitoring and RFEs and PDs???

Go on give me reds now...
Yes, the motive of the original poster could be questioned due to the nature of his first post. But do we really have a set rules for the first post. I have seen some new members getting reds coz they ask for help in their first post and get bombarded for not contributing or helping others.

This post does not and cannot imply that any significant percentage of indians are into visa scams to make money. Whatever the original posters intention, this is a relevant post since it is immigration related. Most indians and similarly most EB GC applicants are legal, law abiding folks. Lets not get offended or take this personally. We have to mature and show that just coz some section of 'our' people do a misdeed does not reflect that all of those people are of the same color or morals.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
If you are an immigrant whatís your status...Tell us more about you.

If not, whatís the purpose of you are visiting IV. Just teach about the scam?

The ICE, USCIS and DOL are there and very much capable to take care these scams. So if you have any information about the fraud...contact those authorities. We donít have anything to do with that. Otherwise please get lost.

I can see how ignorant you are, I can use similar words.
Either you are really an uneducated fellow or not really get educated.
I dont have to file any type of application to be on this forums,
There could be tons of reasons why I am on this forums, ...Parents visitor visa, .. Brothers H1 , .. friends immigrants status, ...for god sake there are tons of issues.

I can say one thing .. there are few fellows around here .. looks like they are invaded this Immirationvoice.org forums and they are not allowing any new users to come or to post any topics which they dont like. What's wrong in my posting. I just browsed some topics .. they are horrible horrible topics out there.

Do a favor, If you want to help this forums never post such type of comments and get educated first and think positively.

-Vj

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you EB3_SEP04.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB3_SEP04 View Post
C'mon dude, i wouldn't use the word "get lost" for someone who has kept cool and putting up thoughts without using extreme/harsg words. even if you suspect the person could be from anti-immigrant group, I don't think it's appropriate to sentence someone based on suspicion.

Dear vjone, like somebody said above, there is no profession where there are no fraud people, there are fraud doctors, fraud lawyers, fraud religious leaders(are there any good ones?), fraud teachers you name it. Posts like yours are welcome, they help us remember that there could be fraud happening around you and you gotta be careful. But in case you are not immigrant and the news made you believe that the %age of such fraud people among legal immigrants is significant then let me assure you that it is not, in fact work-visa community is at the top of the list of cleanest/noble communities. Their contribution to national prosperity and keeping America is # 1 is among the highest. In a way they are the soldiers with keyboards in their hands, fighting for America.

You are more than welcome to express your thoughts as long as they are in line with the goal/mission of this site.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyinsfo View Post
Who r u to ask him to get lost??? Just becoz u have so many greens dozn't mean that u can rule the roost. Therez something called as freedom of speech and hez just using it. Its a free forum and u cant dictate terms here while u r a member here urself. Accept the truth and live with it. Whyz that some desis get so offended when someone rightly points out the dirty behavior of desi employers? He has a point and u need to respect that. And yes this is immigration related and causes awareness among the legal immigrant community. If that dozn't get into ur thick skull then God knows what doz. Maybe visa bulletin monitoring and RFEs and PDs???

Go on give me reds now...
Thank you.

I really see useless threads a ton here, some of them are opened by these guys. They might be helping this organization by donating some money , that does not mean they can dictate terms. I will say these guys motives will not help any one.