Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
yvjoshi100 will become famous soon enough
Default I can help you for SAP FICO Training

Hi,
I can help you . Contact me at yvjoshi100@hotmail.com
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abq_gc View Post
Thanks. I will check them out. I wanted to do SAP-FICO, as I heard that jobs are easy to find in that. I don't know much about SAP, but there are people whom I know are getting paid 140K doing SAP. If, I am changing my field of work I want to change it to something where the starting salary is good.

I checked Sulekha.com and there are many SAP training centers in the NJ area and chicago. Some even provide free accomodation and training and job placement guarantee. I don't know hoe legit their claim is, so if someone here knows about Influx ( chicago area ) and AdvanSoft, please let me know.

Thanks,

abq_gc
SAP BI is more popular and is going to remain extremely popular for the next few years. You can easily get 150K +perks.

Now, dont believe anyone who says that they can provide placement guarantees. There is no such thing as a guarantee, especially in this market. It is probably a plot of some desi consultants to get people.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Admin's,

Can we delete this thread . This action will discourage people other issues not related to employment based immigration .

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnraajan View Post
SAP BI is more popular and is going to remain extremely popular for the next few years. You can easily get 150K +perks.

Now, dont believe anyone who says that they can provide placement guarantees. There is no such thing as a guarantee, especially in this market. It is probably a plot of some desi consultants to get people.
150K + perks easily for a guy coming out of training??? I think 70K-80K could be reasonable number, don't raise false hopes.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by royus77 View Post
Admin's,

Can we delete this thread . This action will discourage people other issues not related to employment based immigration .

Yes, block our TVs, IPL and everything else too . Come on man, the guy needs some guidance and he must be in need. If you can't help just ignore this thread like you ignore many others. This is recession time and one can ask for some help/guidance from a highly skilled group of people on IV.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by abq_gc View Post
Thanks. I will check them out. I wanted to do SAP-FICO, as I heard that jobs are easy to find in that. I don't know much about SAP, but there are people whom I know are getting paid 140K doing SAP. If, I am changing my field of work I want to change it to something where the starting salary is good.

I checked Sulekha.com and there are many SAP training centers in the NJ area and chicago. Some even provide free accomodation and training and job placement guarantee. I don't know hoe legit their claim is, so if someone here knows about Influx ( chicago area ) and AdvanSoft, please let me know.

Thanks,

abq_gc
I myself am a SAP Consultant with 10+ yrs experience. Pays are good when the market is good. FICO consultants are definitely well paid but the catch is you must have a working experience in any industry. For e.g. if you worked previously in an insurance company, then, you should know how typically the finances in the insurance company works. This is true for any module in SAP. If you worked in a manufacturing company, then, working in SAP Production Planning will be beneficial.

Your best bet in SAP would be BI. You need not know too much functional to get into BI..Problem is that bcoz of this, lots of ppl get into BI..

For trainings, I would go to SAP Education - http://www.sap.com/services/education/index.epx. Certification trainings from SAP are extremely expensive. You are looking at the most 15k.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Compare
abq_gc has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks hsingh for understanding my situation. Being home for three months without a job is not pleasant. i have explored every resource and I did not see any light at the end of the tunnel hence I turned towards this forum for some help.
I understand this is a forum for immigration related matters, but we have threads about stocks investing, medical and health insurance, remitting money to india, calling cards to india, and everything else so why not this.

anyways,

thanks,

abq_gc

Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Compare
abq_gc has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbaby View Post
I myself am a SAP Consultant with 10+ yrs experience. Pays are good when the market is good. FICO consultants are definitely well paid but the catch is you must have a working experience in any industry. For e.g. if you worked previously in an insurance company, then, you should know how typically the finances in the insurance company works. This is true for any module in SAP. If you worked in a manufacturing company, then, working in SAP Production Planning will be beneficial.

Your best bet in SAP would be BI. You need not know too much functional to get into BI..Problem is that bcoz of this, lots of ppl get into BI..

For trainings, I would go to SAP Education - http://www.sap.com/services/education/index.epx. Certification trainings from SAP are extremely expensive. You are looking at the most 15k.
Thanks vegasbaby. I will look at sap.com

-abq_gc

Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting

Rates for consultants have definately come down just because there are a lot of folks available but I thought SAP consultants are still getting good pay. SAP Compliance Analysts in the Life Sciences sector are definately getting paid reasonable well but the catch is understanding the Life Sciences regulatory Compliance maze and having experience. There are several good folks available in this market for a reasonable rate and/or pay scale.

Quote:

Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default ERP and ERP

I heard some time back about http://erpanderp.com and they are into deep SAP but not sure if they give training as well. Check with them they are in Bay area.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Try your luck elsewhere..I know at least 100 guys in SAP with over 7+ years of experience sitting on bench..

Forget SAP..Try some other area..
Its scary. I thought SAP consultants are just above water. That's a huge number....Just one person knowing 100 guys in SAP each with 7+ years sitting on bench! What is the source of this info? Is that from any networking site or from your company? We had two SAP consultants who were rolled off but they were able to find projects elsewhere.

Disclaimer: I'm working on SAP Platform as a full time employee of a company supporting in-house SAP implementation.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcisadawg View Post
Its scary. I thought SAP consultants are just above water. That's a huge number....Just one person knowing 100 guys in SAP each with 7+ years sitting on bench! What is the source of this info? Is that from any networking site or from your company? We had two SAP consultants who were rolled off but they were able to find projects elsewhere.

Disclaimer: I'm working on SAP Platform as a full time employee of a company supporting in-house SAP implementation.
In this economy, no field is immune to layoffs. That being said, I know of almost 500 people in JAVA and .net without jobs. That does not mean, we will not find jobs in those fields. It is just the mindset of the people that matters in the end.

This recession can be a blessing in disguise. You can use this opportunity to learn new skills and position yourselves in the market for the future ,or you can whine about lost opportunities etc and sit and do nothing.

Like I said, it is all in your minds. If you want to succeed, you can. No matter which field you are in.

As for as SAP is concerned, demand still outweights shortage.

http://www.itworld.com/software/5808...cription-price is a link where SAP reduced the subscription costs to attract more talent, where SAP gives one of the reasons for this price reduction is , "working to resolve an SAP skills shortage in the job market."

Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Compare
vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of vegasbaby has much to be proud of

Check this out b4 making any decision -

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/News/...ow/4463883.cms

Old 04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Check this out b4 making any decision -

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/News/...ow/4463883.cms
Any software suite has a life span and end may be nearer for SAP. Oracle is constantly following them and slowly eating away their market share. Oracle's Fusion is widely anticipated. It may give SAP a run for its money. That is why it makes sense to become a business process expert with SAP knowledge rather than a SAP expert with a Business process knowledge.