Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeme View Post
Don't be too confident that you may never be in the situation like them. Who knows tomorrow ? History tells us that you would be never safe on foreign soil ! If its not you, it would be your next generation who might seek support from your home country
Well said! Being an Indian-Tamilian, it pains to see the whole SL Tamil community caught between the devil (LTTE) and deep sea (SL govt). The SL gov't has used this war cleverly to nurture the hatred between SL Tamil minority and Sinhala majority deep, very deep almost to the point of no return.

Thomas Jefferson, once said, "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "
I really believe Jefferson's worst fear is playing out in Sri Lanka.

Discalimer: I dont support LTTE. Also, I was pained and frustated equally when terrorists killed innocent Indian civilians. So, pls. don't jump on me on that account!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hello !

Quote:
Its in today TOI that Congress/UPA govt. has raised a concern to their PAK counterparts about safely of some 35 Sikh families living in a small village which falls in Taliban's territory.

Why not a single statement by UPA Govt. / MPS/ any high ranking diplomats for Srinlankan's Tamil ? Are they affraid of Congress leadership or what ?

I don't know for what cause LTTE is fighting for and see them as same other terrorist organization in name of freedom. Its LTTE and their leaders who should be punished and brought to justice for killing of Rajeev Gandhi, not the whole community.

Don't be too confident that you may never be in the situation like them. Who knows tomorrow ? History tells us that you would be never safe on foreign soil ! If its not you, it would be your next generation who might seek support from your home country

My post is to just show double standard played by UPA govt.
The Pak Sikhs are being troubled by the Taliban whom everyone opposes and the Pak govt is doing nothing and hence India should raise a voice.

The Tamils in SriLanka are not being opressed by SriLanka but by LTTE themselves ( using their own people as human shields ) . The Srilankan govt is trying its best to minimise losses while trying to rout the terrorist LTTE. India does not have any sympathy either for the Taliban or for LTTE. Both are enemies of India.

Personally I hate the LTTE and their damn cause. Someone who would kill our PM does not deserve any sympathy.

I cheer the brave SriLankan Army who will finally clear their country of this terrorist manace. I wish India had the same drive to remove terrorists from our country in J&K and elsewhere .

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
The Pak Sikhs are being troubled by the Taliban whom everyone opposes and the Pak govt is doing nothing and hence India should raise a voice.

The Tamils in SriLanka are not being opressed by SriLanka but by LTTE themselves ( using their own people as human shields ) . The Srilankan govt is trying its best to minimise losses while trying to rout the terrorist LTTE. India does not have any sympathy either for the Taliban or for LTTE. Both are enemies of India.

Personally I hate the LTTE and their damn cause. Someone who would kill our PM does not deserve any sympathy.

I cheer the brave SriLankan Army who will finally clear their country of this terrorist manace. I wish India had the same drive to remove terrorists from our country in J&K and elsewhere .

Who told you this...do you know the history and are you sure the tamils are not opressed by the SL govt. Read the history before you make the comments.

By the way I am not supporting the LTTE. Here the question is should Indian govt support the civilions or not. Given a chance the SL govt wants to wipe out the entire tamil community. Do not think it will not happen to you/us here tomorrow.

Last edited by snathan; 05-01-2009 at 05:48 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcisadawg View Post
Well said! Being an Indian-Tamilian, it pains to see the whole SL Tamil community caught between the devil (LTTE) and deep sea (SL govt). The SL gov't has used this war cleverly to nurture the hatred between SL Tamil minority and Sinhala majority deep, very deep almost to the point of no return.

Thomas Jefferson, once said, "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "

Discalimer: I dont support LTTE. Also, I was pained and frustated equally when terrorists killed innocent Indian civilians. So, pls. don't jump on me on that account!
I second this..

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute Michael chertoff has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=snathan;338267]Thomas Jefferson, once said, "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. "

QUOTE]

This quotation is only for Sri Lanka?? or it can be tru for india too???

MC

Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Who told you this...do you know the history and are you sure the tamils are not opressed by the SL govt. Read the history before you make the comments.

By the way I am not supporting the LTTE. Here the question is should Indian govt support the civilions or not. Given a chance the SL govt wants to wipe out the entire tamil community. Do not think it will not happen to you/us here tomorrow.
And who told you that they are being opressed - have you been to Sri Lanka and if yes which places did you visit to see the Tamils being opressed .

The terrorists who come to fight in J&K from Pak say they are fighting because Indian Army and govt is opressing the Muslims . Is that true also ?

Seriously I don't care - my personal opinion that in this particular case it is none of our ( India's ) business to meddle in Sri Lankan affairs when they are on the verge of getting rid of a menace they have . Terrorism is not a solution of anything . Only peaceful times can bring happiness and prosperity.

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobyb will become famous soon enough sobyb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing. Now do you understand why the country needs to care about its people no matter where they are.
"Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing" ....

Of course yes! If our generations are US citizens, US govt should take care of them and if they are part of any terrorist organisation, they should be treated the way terrorists are treated.

"Country needs to care about its people" ... Its is in your quote ... Issue is about Srilankan's and their goverment should take care of it, NOT India. I don't think any one has a doubt about how LTTE should be handled.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts
Default They are ethinic Indians

Sri Lankan Tamils may not be Indian citizens but are etinic Indians and that is what their problem is and it is the problem in several other places like Malasiya, Fiji, Trinidad etc. these people are still called Indians in these countries and being discriminated. India being a powerful nation should protect the rights of ethnic Indians, but it doesn't....most or all of us know the reasons, it is being ruled by a lame duck govt. who cannot protect citizens living within the Indian boundries, so even if they try to interfere in other countries affairs, I'm sure even a smal coutry like Sri Lanka has guts to say Shoooo!!!! to our foreign Minister. India does not have any respect whatsoever in the world politics now, whatever was earned during the NDA govt. is all lost, nobody sees India with any respect any more, so atleast in my mind I know the answer why India is turning a blind eye towards the killing of Tamils in Sri Lanka & blatant Human Rights murder by a tiniest neighbor

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice
Default 'LTTE' is not 'Srilankan Tamils'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobyb View Post
"Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing" ....

Of course yes! If our generations are US citizens, US govt should take care of them and if they are part of any terrorist organisation, they should be treated the way terrorists are treated.

"Country needs to care about its people" ... Its is in your quote ... Issue is about Srilankan's and their goverment should take care of it, NOT India. I don't think any one has a doubt about how LTTE should be handled.
Agreed but some Govt. fails to do so. IF Govt. were acting resposibly , World wouldn't have seen the WW1 and WW2 and Bosnia-Serbia crisis and countless other masscare !

One should understand difference b/w ' Srilankan Tamils' and 'LTTE'.

Last edited by Keeme; 05-01-2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: speelings

Old 05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
Brazil
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future Ramba has a brilliant future

Quote:

Seriously I don't care - my personal opinion that in this particular case it is none of our ( India's ) business to meddle in Sri Lankan affairs when they are on the verge of getting rid of a menace they have . Terrorism is not a solution of anything . Only peaceful times can bring happiness and prosperity.
Really? Then why did India meddle in Pakistan affairs and liberated East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in 70s? People should post only after reading complete SL history and how minorities were suppressed. One point of time GOI supported and funded and trained LTTE. The problem for India as well as Sri Lankan Tamils is lack of strong/tough/clever leader like Indra Gandhi. The problem for SL tamils are the "ego" of Prabakaran. He himself wants to be a only leader and not yielding to anyone and not willing to compramise. The LTTE is necessary evil to solve this issue. Without them, one can not find a peace solution. Though, they did lot of mistakes and criminal activites, they needed in negotiation. All political parties in TN and GOI is playin drama in view of election. It is so pain to watch the situation of the innocent peoples trapped in this war. If India, would have stepped in long back, lot of innocent lives would have been saved.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts

Thread was opened in the support of Tamil Srilanakan civilians not LTTE, India should pressurise Sri Lanka to stop attrocities & killing of civilians, but again who will say it ??? Was there a FM ? a PM ? all puppets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobyb View Post

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCkiTaisi is infamous around these parts

I am an Indian Tamil and firmly believe that both LTTE and Lankan Army are at fault here. LTTE's tactics have always been to use human cover and the Lankans are guilty of using heavy artillery on civilians. In fact not all the civilians are innocent, some of them are LTTE proponents who prefer to stick with them till their last breath to further promote what is called as Lankan atrocities to the world.

I totally support the Tamil Ealam cause, but the method LTTE has taken would have never gotten them there at the first place. As a country, India should have been a bit more proactive and involved than just supplying arms to the Lankans (which was anyways done to prevent the Lankans from going to the Pakistan or China). So the Indians are just watching the tamasha -- and it is really unfortunate.

How does it bother the Tamilians of India? They are crossed between supporting for Tamil Ealam, death of innocent Tamilians and assassination of Rajiv Gandhi and this leads to mixed feelings. Ideally I would want to see Prabhakaran hanged and Srilankan Tamilians meeting their 3 decade old goals.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute rajsenthil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And who told you that they are being opressed - have you been to Sri Lanka and if yes which places did you visit to see the Tamils being opressed .

The terrorists who come to fight in J&K from Pak say they are fighting because Indian Army and govt is opressing the Muslims . Is that true also ?

I did not travel to SL but had one my classmate from SL. He is an SL Tamilian and joined me in my school. His parents were taken for interogation and they never returned. Father was killed during interogation and mother died in between the clash. He was bundled in the truck by his neighbor and shifter to India. I dont believe that SL Tamils are treated equally. I really hope that there would be an end to their sufferings. It is unfair to make an incorrect statement. Their own Army Chief Pon Sekara made a open statement that the SL Tamils has to live like a secondary citizens. When thousands of innocent people are dying and trying to justifying is equal to committing the murder.

The blunder LTTE did is assassinating Rajiv Gandhi. But again Indira Gandhi was assasinated. Even the SL PM Rajapakse assassinated the editor who has written a column about the civilians sufferings.

I accept that terrorism is not the solution. It is easy to tell that way from a safe place and hidden from the truth.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Your Statement is not right

Your statement is uncalled for, his opinion is not from people of UP or Bihar, everwhere people have different opnions, and BTW Nitish Kumar & Mayawati are any day better than Karunanidhi, Vilas Rao Deshmukh & YSR and above all they are a million times better than Maino Antonia whom the whole country voted.....
Quote:
Pandey - I no longer wonder why Mulayam/Mayavati/ Lalu and Paswan rule in UP & Bihar.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice
Default Agreed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid_bharti View Post
Your statement is uncalled for, his opinion is not from people of UP or Bihar, everwhere people have different opnions, and BTW Nitish Kumar & Mayawati are any day better than Karunanidhi, Vilas Rao Deshmukh & YSR and above all they are a million times better than Maino Antonia whom the whole country voted.....
I take it back !

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.