Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bajrangbali has a spectacular aura about bajrangbali has a spectacular aura about
Default Sri Lankan tamils issues

Guys..as many of you have heard..Sri Lankan government has led an offensive against LTTE over the past few weeks and both sides have accused each other of killing civilians. And all countries have called for restraint on both sides and stop killing civilians.
UN confidential report which came to light shows the SL government bombing the safe-zone they allocated for civilians since the offensive began. For the first time, besides each side accusing each other of the civilian killings there is some proof regarding who has done what.
It is a shame India does not act to protect the interests of its citizens even after this news came up.
We may be busy with our own issues here..economy, immigration, family, job-stress...the least we can do is bringing to light what is happening to fellow Indians elsewhere in the world..
No politics can justify killing of innocent people...if congress and India can not get over themselves and help fellow Indians..the day we can claim to be atleast a regional power if very far away. Heck, even USA is trying harder than India by using its muscle to block billions of dollars of IMF funds to SL for not caring about ceasefire.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6206708.ece

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Forget fellow Tamils in SL.....Our CON govt under weak Puppet PM MM Singh cannot protect his fellow citizens. See the link from the US state dept.

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/crt/2008/122434.htm

"In 2008, India ranked among the world’s most terrorism-afflicted countries."

And we still find a large number of educated Indians still vote for this WEAK PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajrangbali View Post
It is a shame India does not act to protect the interests of its citizens even after this news came up.
Why do you think it is Indian citizens? Just because some politicians are saying so for their own gains all Tamilians in Srilanka are not Indian citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajrangbali View Post
Heck, even USA is trying harder than India by using its muscle to block billions of dollars of IMF funds to SL for not caring about ceasefire.
Are you suggesting India should start playing the role of world police as USA.

LTTE is the one who took the life of our beloved leader Rajiv Gandhi who would have taken India to much high in the world. And why should India protect them.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Compare
RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of RandyK has much to be proud of

Dude,

DO NOT bring politics into this forum.

LTTE is a terrorist organization banned all over the world, first by India and US.

If you go read about the situation on the UN site you will find out that the civilians are held hostage by the LTTE and that is the main reason for the civilians to be in this situation.

If you want to see what LTTE is doing to their OWN people click on the link below and click on the link on the right hand side on top. You will see like 20 LTTE terrorists shooting at like 5000 tamils trying to escape from them. This was taken from a UAV of the SL Gov like a week ago.

http://www.defence.lk/hm/hm.asp

Last edited by RandyK; 05-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobyb will become famous soon enough sobyb will become famous soon enough

When did Srilankan Tamilians become Indian citizens??? also India should make sure that terrorists organisation like LTTE is wiped out from the face of earth weather its in Srilanka, Afganistan or Pakistan... gone are the days when these thugs where called 'freedom fighters' .. they are a terrorist organisation and should be treated in that manner.

4 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default Well Said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobyb View Post
When did Srilankan Tamilians become Indian citizens??? also India should make sure that terrorists organisation like LTTE is wiped out from the face of earth weather its in Srilanka, Afganistan or Pakistan... gone are the days when these thugs where called 'freedom fighters' .. they are a terrorist organisation and should be treated in that manner.
Exactly...

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice
Default Double Standard !

Quote:
Its in today TOI that Congress/UPA govt. has raised a concern to their PAK counterparts about safely of some 35 Sikh families living in a small village which falls in Taliban's territory.

Why not a single statement by UPA Govt. / MPS/ any high ranking diplomats for Srinlankan's Tamil ? Are they affraid of Congress leadership or what ?

I don't know for what cause LTTE is fighting for and see them as same other terrorist organization in name of freedom. Its LTTE and their leaders who should be punished and brought to justice for killing of Rajeev Gandhi, not the whole community.

Don't be too confident that you may never be in the situation like them. Who knows tomorrow ? History tells us that you would be never safe on foreign soil ! If its not you, it would be your next generation who might seek support from your home country

My post is to just show double standard played by UPA govt.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts sargon is infamous around these parts
Default Why we are on this theme

Please show solidarity with Pakistani Sikhs too.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/W...ow/4469796.cms

The least India can do is to is to offer asylum to all Pakistani Sikhs. Our govt has not shown any inclination for that so far.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice Keeme is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargon View Post
Please show solidarity with Pakistani Sikhs too.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/W...ow/4469796.cms

The least India can do is to is to offer asylum to all Pakistani Sikhs. Our govt has not shown any inclination for that so far.
We must ! Have no doubt about it !

Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobyb will become famous soon enough sobyb will become famous soon enough

Hi Keeme,

My post was not about double standards BUT about opposing terrorism, it doesn't matter if its LTTE, KHALISTAN, TALIBAN or any other organisation which terrorises the society. These terrorists outfits should be handled beyond any religious, linguistic or any other consideration.
Regarding support for common man/community, we should oppose any human rights violation against any individual/community, there shouldn't be any double standards BUT at the same time action against terrorist outfits should not be compromised.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mr_aryan can only hope to improve
Default Sri Lankan tamils issues

I'm not sure if you r a tamilian or not, but u defenitely sound like India's neighbour Pakistan who claim that their fellow muslims are killed in kashmir by indian solidiers and who also cliam that muslims have been opressed and want a seperate statehood just like the LTTE.
Lemme remind guyz like u, that LTTE has been responsible of killing Indian Prime minister along with many inncocent civilians & presidents, many prominent leaders, innocent civilians in srilanka.They have been labled as a terrosit organization.
Srilankan Government has been facing LTTE atrocites for many decades & now that they decided enough is enough & doing what they think is right for their country.
But some Tamilians like you who are born citizens of India or any other coutry blaming Srilankan Govt, by sympathising with terrorist organisation like LTTE just like any other terrorsit organisation in the world.
Probably you would'nt have supported LTTE if any of your family member has been killed for being prsent around an attack by LTTE on some leader.
So just think wisely before you post somethin though this is not the frum for such posts, just because u r a tamilian & some tamilians r killed in a war between LTTE & SL govt.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tomorrow if we or our generations are getting killed in the US, would you say the same thing. Now do you understand why the country needs to care about its people no matter where they are.

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Guys do not get deceive by CON/UPA govt raising voice for Sikhs in Pak. They raised it because the next phase of elections will be held in Punjab, Himachal, Delhi and Haryana where there are significant Sikh population. CON/UPA govt does not care about Sikhs. They want to cover up for the mess they created because of Tytler issue.

Also, why did CON/UPA govt did not raise voice when homes and temples of Hindus in Kazakhstan were destroyed.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
Default LT / LTTE - Are they same ?

Quote:
Hi Keeme,

My post was not about double standards BUT about opposing terrorism, it doesn't matter if its LTTE, KHALISTAN, TALIBAN or any other organisation which terrorises the society. These terrorists outfits should be handled beyond any religious, linguistic or any other consideration.
Regarding support for common man/community, we should oppose any human rights violation against any individual/community, there shouldn't be any double standards BUT at the same time action against terrorist outfits should not be compromised.
Correct ! Stand against injustice ! Let's discuss it out. Do you see LT ( karshimir) same as you see LTTE ? Do you feel anything for Kashimiri Pandits ?

Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future Jerrome has a brilliant future

What do you mean by some tamilians killed, almost 10 thousand people killed in 2 months.

Personally i don't believe 2000 terrorists could hold hostages of 3 or 4 lakh people for 2 years.

Do you know or read reports that daily 5000 bombs are dropped on civilian areas to make them to run towards the army.Do you know that the army poisoned the drinking water and people ran towards army without food or water and now they are in Nazi like camps.

It is not released by the LTTE but released by the UN.

No Second opinion about killing terrosists, but killing innocent people is not acceptable at any cost.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.